35 coaches online • Server time: 16:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

He's got that and Disturbing Presence. The number of times poxy elves have picked up and passed or handed off right after a leap-strip scatter, I could do with that on the Gobs.

And yes, actually, I already pay 40k in cheerleaders and coaches to try and get better kick off results with Gobs, or at least stop my opponents getting them so often. Better pitch invasions and rocks and so on is great for avoiding the 160k Fanatic going down too.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Do you think? I've not given it any significant thought yet, but 30 k for +1 FAME doesn't immediately strike me as something to instantly dismiss. Perhaps you're right and it will be proven to be inefficient, but I'm not sure yet. It feels like it sits well with the team to me; the Goblin weaponry is very swingy in nature. It can go well and wipe you out, and it can instantly fail and give the game away. A new positional that has an impact on the really swingy FAME based kickoff events feels like it fits. Going from +1 to +2 (or defending against +2) is a happy thing when rolling 12 on the kickoff table (or even the RR events)! We're all going to have an opinion on what the 'right' changes would be, but the Ooligan certainly isn't an offensive move in my book.

Anyway, best to hold judgement until it drops. From the leaked description / Goblin page, we're getting a continuation of the negligible roster changes (perhaps entirely inconsequential if you're right), at least one new star and lots of fun, optional stuff for league commissioners to play with as they choose. That's a good direction to go in, in my opinion. CRP rosters were great, the Stars were a bit of a hotchpotch (so more valueable ones would be a nice addition) and leagues can enjoy BB in whatever fun way they so choose. All power to mad, optional refs in mad, optional stadia. Wink

Yeah true, its not offensive. Its just rather pointless.

I think the player will be used in the TT tournaments scene as +1 fame will have some use there and Tv management is irrelevant. In leagues though and Fumbbl open divisions he is a no go as 30k is too much bloat.

Are the Stadium rules going to be optional? I thought they were going to be core rules?

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Too much bloat!?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=810985

Do you play goblins? They just finished their 2nd best season, being a bit smaller than their best season the previous one, but in a tougher division and tied the recent league premiers and top of the conference. You cannot bloat Goblins, they need everything.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

On Ooligan use – I would think he’ll be of more use in leagues / open play than at TT tournaments. At your standard 1.1 event, there is just no room to fit him in. iirc the roster is Trolls, Fanatic, Fungus, Chainsaw, 3 Bribes and Goblins / RRs. I remember that being pretty flush, and I don’t think I’d want to drop any of that for an Ooligan. Who knows though, perhaps a Doom Diver will be a must have and conventional thinking will be binned?! While I agree and comply with TV efficiency in progression BB as a general principle, I’m much less strict than a few FUMBBLists. I think I’d find more room in a ‘standard’ team for an extra 30 k than under a hard 1.1 cap.

On stadia – I read an awful lot of the BB internet (my eyes!), and I don’t think we know for sure yet. I doubt we will until release, but my assumption from what I’ve seen so far is that they’ll be optional. Perhaps they won’t be, your guess is as good as mine. My post above was just what I’m hoping for, not knowledge. 'Optional' is what the very few (including FUMBBL) get hung up about, anyway. The GW position has always been 'it's all optional, pick the bits you'll have fun with'. The 'optional' badge only really matters when it comes to which bits Christer will green light. I don't think that's GW's first consideration when publishing the rules. Wink

Last edited by Purplegoo on May 17, 2017 - 11:20; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 11:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

What is the expected (or confirmed?) release date?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You can pre-order DZ2 now, it ships on Saturday.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Too much bloat!?

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=810985

Do you play goblins? They just finished their 2nd best season, being a bit smaller than their best season the previous one, but in a tougher division and tied the recent league premiers and top of the conference. You cannot bloat Goblins, they need everything.

Yes I do play goblins, I pretty much only use stunty teams in ranked. Without wanting to derail this thread (and I would be happy to discuss in a goblins tactic thread if you like Smile ). In short though I have always felt in this edition of the game that goblins (unlike halflings) are actually at their strongest at rookie or near rookie TV, whilst abusing inducements bribes, ripper and additional chainsaw and wizard. Bombs I would never take if wanting to be competitive, though I do have him in some teams for fluff reasons. pogo i would take until I get a player who is better at ball carrying. then he gets fired. Any skills other than doubles are fired and so on... As I say though we can continue this elsewhere. For me this is the "optimal" way of playing goblins, and players like hooligan wouldn't have any room for me.

Doom Diver might be amazing though. I really look forward to finding out what he does. Smile

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 11:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
You can pre-order DZ2 now, it ships on Saturday.

I've only got the app version and it's not showing in there yet. I assume it will just show up in the app store on Saturday then Smile

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

new star player apparently -
Squig starplayer in DZ2
Madcap Miggz 170K Goblin, Underworld
BT, Claw, Leap, No Hands, VLL, Wild Animal, Loner

i checked the price and its correct so looks legit.

Post   Posted: May 24, 2017 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

After I read the Season 2 rules I must said the Ooligan is not pointless.
For instance if you manage to own a stadium with Ale-Fuelled Maniacs you have a 5/9 chance to play at that stadium (if opponent does not have a stadium) then a 1/3 chance to get a throw a rock result a 1/6 chance for a pitch invasion before each drive
neubau

Post   Posted: May 24, 2017 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

thankfully stadiums are optional rules. they are right?

Post   Posted: May 24, 2017 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed Stadiums are optional rules, not core rules. So he goes back to being a poitless TV bloat Razz

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

so what? To quote the rule book
Bear in mind that these rules add a fair amount of complexity to the game in places, so we wouldn't advise them in tournaments, or in leagues where people are new to the game or prefer a more straightforward approach. They can add a lot of funand colour to a league.
So they are optional because they don't want to overload newbies with rules.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I just noticed in Death Zone 2 is that the New Rosters only allow a certain amount of Linemen. UW only access 12 Goblins, and Chaos Renegades only access 12 Renegade Humans. Death Zone 1 has 16 available Linemen on all rosters.

I know it isn't a big deal, but Ive seen guys take 14 man UW Rosters into Tourneys. I always thought it was interesting.

Jeffro
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The same is true in crp only 12 goblins and only 12 marauders for chaos pact.
 Jump to: