53 coaches online • Server time: 21:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ZubjectX

Post   Posted: May 15, 2017 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm pretty new to the site, so I was just wondering if anyone was running a Lineman Only League? I tried searching for it, but the only leagues that came up were several years old and no longer seem to be running. Wondering if anyone is running one, or whether anyone would want one.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: May 15, 2017 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

There was one last year, and before that, but they tend to get a bit unbalanced. Some linemen are better than others, and inducement of star players lead to some teams dominating.

If you can think of a way to make it balanced then it would be great, but of course, many solutions move away from the simple "linemen only" concept.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been tinkering with ideas since the custom leagues came in, but it's tricky to have any balance between teams without custom stars based off the linemen, and custom rosters with just one or two positional players to also keep some of the team's flavour.

Also, you know, very low spiralling expenses, better fouls, no PO, right stuff cancels tackle on blocks, and whatever else.

I think I could get teams OK by limiting them to about 800k of base players, and specifically avoiding the better positional players from the good teams. Cut the expensive teams back to 11 players maximum.

So Dorfs would be 9 blockers, 1 runner, 1 blitzer, and have an AG 3 Sure Hand blocker as a star for if your others are MNG. And that means no journeymen, but that'd be the same for everyone.

Star player flings for instance.

"Kicking Boots" Bottomly, 4236, Loner, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Kick, Dirty Player, 80k.
"Sherrif" Potterham, 5237, Loner, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Dauntless, Wrestle, 130k.
"Wings" Smotherkins, 6246, Loner, Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Catch, Sprint, Pro, 160k.

Just off the top of my head. But then I'd be running a league and making icons and stuff, and there's so many tournaments to enter! Maybe in a few months. Smile

--

As was said, Star Players, agile teams, and things like Zons, they're a problem, the approaches to fixing that move you away from the Zombie or Thrall or Hobgoblin teams you see about the place. Mine would be the League of (mostly) Linemen.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless everyone uses the same race and the same stat line, say Human: 6338, then there will be balance issues.

Amazon, Norse + Dwarf are horrible to compete against, the latter two especially if your Goblins.
ZubjectX

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fair enough on the races being unbalanced - the way I'd seen it in some old forums was that they excluded certain teams (zons, dwarves and norse off the top of my head) to keep it balanced, and then limiting the players on a team by having a lower starting TV. Personally I just find it an interesting concept - having to level up players differently and having breakout players getting specific skills for their jobs without starting with any. I'm not sure I could run it, due to being new to FUMBLL and also being very busy for the next couple of months.
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

TWO TIME UNDEFEATED LOL CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD !

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=821261
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to have a list of balanced linemen, then give me a number, how many you want, give me 1 sample so i can see the power level, and your favourite that must be in, and i come up with a custom roster proposal. Pm your request as i may not check back this thread. Smile

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

luxyluxo wrote:
TWO TIME UNDEFEATED LOL CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD !

I wouldn't say 'undefeated' I remember watching your proud rowers succumbing to my rotters at least once Wink
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: May 16, 2017 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I played in a league a few years back that allowed only one positional and the rest linemen. it was super fun Smile

I took undead so tons of zombies and a mummy... I diddnt win much

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been looking for a League to run as it happens and if the OP doesn't have the time to do it, id be willing to step in. I don't have an amazing track record as either a coach or a comishioner but I have experience running a lineman league in the past which was a fun time. I also want a new BBCode project and that would fit me great. I'd suggest we keep it CRP, at least for the beggining. Stunty teams will have to have access to a big guy of course. I'm not sure what to do about Dwarf Ama and Norse tho. and I cant remember what we did before either xD
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we declared they were witches, and asked if we should burn them...
luxyluxo

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty teams included as well .... Very Happy
ZubjectX

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

@Deyempe - that would be good thanks, I'm really busy ATM and also not really used to the whole FUMBLL way of doing things yet. Keeping it close to standard rules would be alright, and personally would just suggest not using the obviously imbalanced teams for it.
deyempe

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah well, Id do it but it seems like most players on here are already heavily invested in established their favorite leagues, if there is enough interest sure , but I doubt.
ZubjectX

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to see, it's just something I was interested in - doesn't need to be too big.
 Jump to: