45 coaches online • Server time: 17:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bakunin

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Zone 2 (updates)

Glart 190K
5428 Block, Claw, Grab, Jugger, Loner, SF

Fezglitch = Kreek Rustgouger 130K
Ball & Chain, Loner, MB, No Hands, Tail, Secret Weapon

High Elf: Bo Gallante 160K
Dodge, SS, Sprint, Sure Feet, Loner

Karla Von Kill 220K (Amazon, Halfling,Human, Norse)
Blodge, Dauntless, JU, Loner

Madcap Miggz 170K Goblin, Underworld
BT, Claw, Leap, No Hands, VLL, Wild Animal, Loner
Garion

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:
Death Zone 2 (updates)

Glart 190K
5428 Block, Claw, Grab, Jugger, Loner, SF

Fezglitch = Kreek Rustgouger 130K
Ball & Chain, Loner, MB, No Hands, Tail, Secret Weapon

Karla Von Kill 220K (Amazon, Halfling,Human, Norse)
Blodge, Dauntless, JU, Loner

Madcap Miggz 170K Goblin, Underworld
BT, Claw, Leap, No Hands, VLL, Wild Animal, Loner

So Glart loses 2Ma gains grab and is 20k cheaper

fezglitch is 30k more, gains 2 av and 1 Ma, loses FA and DP gains tail.

Karla = zara, 50k cheaper, loses Stab and stakes

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

glart loose Ag
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

zara with not stab and stake = what is the point?

Post   Posted: May 17, 2017 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
zara with not stab and stake = what is the point?

Better cost. Better for halflings in tourneys.
delusional

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the point of this guy:

Wow a MV8 on an elf team. Oh so he has a few movement skills, like elf catchers don't.
It seems the player was designed to score tries, which I understand people want to win the game. Your star player is usually the last person you want to score with.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:

Wow a MV8 on an elf team. Oh so he has a few movement skills, like elf catchers don't.
It seems the player was designed to score tries, which I understand people want to win the game. Your star player is usually the last person you want to score with.

He is cheap. For an elf star he is good. Much better than dolphar

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be clear, I think these stars are going to be treated as additional to what we have, rather than replacements. Especially while we're in the middle of a release cycle and we don't know what the final picture looks like. The new B&C isn't going to replace Fezglitch, for instance, you just have two to choose from now. The exception might be Glart; if that's a new star of the same name then I guess the old one goes away. We'll find out for sure in 48 h!
straume

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess (yes, guess) is that they are all new stars, and that this new Glart would be Glart senior, as opposed to the current Glart jr.

Last edited by straume on May 18, 2017 - 10:18; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, doesn't sound a bad theory. We'll see on Saturday. Well, I hope I will, stupid shipping unknowns. Wink
delusional

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
delusional wrote:

He is cheap. For an elf star he is good. Much better than dolphar

Ok, he is cheap. But seriously why would High Elves need another Mv8 str3 av7 player? With loner the rerolls are a little more risky, and there is no good point scoring with a Star Player.

Seriously would you rather this guy or a high elf catcher with block? Give the guy Dump off, Strip ball OR something to make him interesting.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly I think he is a really good player, look at the options the High Elves have in that price range currently, this guy is a seriously good deal. He is good for providing assists and screen support, and with that speed has potential to turn defence in to attack.

I would rather this guy than someone with block as you are high elf so should already have 2 Blitzers on the field. Dodge is something a rookie HElf team does not start with.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely makes sense that this would be Glart Sr since he is more skilled (I guess just 'grab' is the only skill he has over his son) and the age/injuries Glart Sr. would've presumably accumulated over his career makes sense for the lower MA and AG
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that this guy might not be the best star player we've ever seen, but he's far from the worst. One bugbear of mine with CRP was that the stars were of such a wide variety of quality and value for money compared to other inducements. I am down with a design position that some things are better than others (and like races or skills, stars have different tiers), but I thought too many of the CRP stars were either too rubbish or too expensive to ever use. When was the last time you saw Lottlbottl (the spelling escapes me, apologies if that's wrong), Griff or J. Erlice in the flesh? I don't know what the client icons look like for more than half of the CRP stars.

At least here this guy is moderately costed. I might not find too many reasons to induce him myself, but I bet I'll at least see him around. On a rookie or near rookie HE team, he's not utterly abject if you have 160 k to make up against an opponent, especially on FUMBBL without a Wizzie. If nothing else, he's better than a rookie for the OTS. He has Dodge, he might be reasonable in a skill poor environment?

Overall, I like this direction they're taking with the new stars. OK, so they aren't all must-haves, but that's cool too so long as they're can-affords?

Ninja'd, eh? Stupid slow fingers. Wink
Garion

Post   Posted: May 18, 2017 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

As some who reads a lot of forum chat and knows a number of people in the know, have you got any idea how many DZ supplements we can expect over all, or even this year?

I read somewhere they were aiming for 5 in total but cannot find where I read it, or even who posted it :S