39 coaches online • Server time: 17:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I will have to use some of those well done!

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

latulike wrote:
OH wow they are awesome! Would you like to make one for my human team and actual HLP contenders? American Gladiators I promise to donate a 5$ to the fumbbl community for such job!

I'd choose the bottom left helmet (spiked mouth guard with rounded helmet spikes). I'd use my team logo on the flank of the helmet, font color a dirty (grey-ish) white. Mouth guard color red and the rounded spikes and helmet trim as blue!

Thank you very much if you do so Wink

@latulike quite busy with work ATM - wouldn't want to make you wait an age - here's the original PNG should you want to experiment with colourways and textures in the meantime:
This helmet style was traditionally used by ogres and orcs for the cover art Image of the 2nd edition BB game books however I noticed you have an ogre in your squad - so I say go for it.

Strong roster BTW - good luck in the HLP.

@harvestmouse thanks in advance for doing the upload.

And to everyone else thanks for all the positive feedback.

Finally, I'm going to try and come up with something for Skaven coaches that marries up with the existing original 2nd ed BB helm styles over the Xmas break.

Gluf & Hoof folks,

T
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

These are great Very Happy Definitely will use some for bios and stuffs!

[edit] I mean this took literally 2min (just used latulike's since I might as well)

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This is awesome guys. Thank you ArrestedDevelopment. Image configuring is cleary not in my skill set Smile I'll give m'y donation as soon as I log in to play m'y next match Smile
Thom_Darkness

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

@ArrestedDevelopment top job! Would have taken me much longer - faffing about image googling for textures. How did you create the grime and blood spatters?

@latulike I'm Pleased you're pleased.

Meanwhile here are two more outlines - I used older versions for my own team logos a while back - however I've tweaked the wings on these to bring up the line weights, positioning etc.
Norse blank 72dpi 696x696 pixels

'Frossborg Brewers' team logo 72dpi 318x312 pixels

Originally intended this to be an alternative chaos style, but reckon it fits with Wights and Vamps just as well.
Chaos/Necromantic/Vampire blank 72dpi 696x696 pixels

'Thin Wight Dukes' team logo 72dpi 348x348 pixels

'Parasite dans L'Sanguin' team logo 72dpi 348x348 pixels

Hopefully there will be Goblin/Underworld and Skaven designs ready by the new year.

GL & HF,

T
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thom_Darkness wrote:
@ArrestedDevelopment top job! Would have taken me much longer - faffing about image googling for textures. How did you create the grime and blood spatters?

Brush set to 2000px and 75% opacity.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Brush set to 2000px and 75% opacity.

@ArrestedDevelopment Lovely.

You tried making custom brushes?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've got a few, but I find that always using them means you end up with a lot of very samey looking logos etc, so I try to mix it up a bit Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2015 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work!!

A couple of things. Have either of you got an outline of the helmet. So helmets where the metal bar work is done, but the centre is transparent?

Also for chaos, this is my favourite chaos helmet design.

Thom_Darkness

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

@harvestmouse I can make a set of transparent PNGs over the weekend - all outlines, no white fills if you'd like..

Meanwhile had a look at Bone Idol's designs over at the image library - great stuff, but can imagine tricky to mod given they're mostly full colour, shaded and three quarter profile, not side on.

Later,

T
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2015 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have found the angles aren't uniform. So if you take part from one and add it to another it often looks out of line, a lot were WIP though.

What I would like (and no hurry on this as I'm working hard for the next couple of weeks) is the main body of the helmet transparent. Using the bar colours you have used for your helemts (if you get my meaning). I'd like to make some set helmet logos to use with the pitches. So they look part of the pitch, not just an overlay.
Thom_Darkness

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

@harvestmouse can do, should be complete and ready for use by, latest, this time next week.

Best, T
fivehead

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a very old thread, but would anyone know how Thom_Darkness added the textures to the helmets? I've downloaded some templates I like, but my knowledge of image editing is limited.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2019 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

fivehead wrote:
I know this is a very old thread, but would anyone know how Thom_Darkness added the textures to the helmets? I've downloaded some templates I like, but my knowledge of image editing is limited.

A bit of a necro......without knowing what he did, I couldn't say. You can add an almost limitless range of textures though. Your best bet is to work out what texture you want (on the graphics editor you use) and google it.
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2019 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

fivehead wrote:

you will need photoshop, or GIMP or something similar, it should be very simple to add a texture though, just use polygon lasso tool to cut out the bit you want the texture to sit in. Create a new layer paste the bit you have copied, put the texture on the layer above the bit you cut out, right click on the texture and select create clipping mask. Then create another layer on top which you can make a 2nd clipping mask with. Then you can put a colour of your choice here and change the layer style to overlay, or screen etc...