50 coaches online • Server time: 15:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
straume

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely. The Doom Diver seems to be a real golden thing. He can score when goblins struggle on offense (which never happems right...?), he can wreak havoc in cages on defense, and he is just so awesomely FUN. A great addition to the game.

As for the Ooligan, perhaps, just perhaps he is not worth the TV, but come on; this is goblins! +1 to Fame is an excellent idea, both fluffwise, and it gives those epic matches with +3 Pitch invasions and the general idea of goblings in the stands throwing rocks. Also Disturbing precense is, at best, semi useful, and another nice skill to see a bit more of in the game.

And all without changing anyting. I get that many goblin coaches would like to see the Loner go away, but that would have been a much more drastic change with predictably outrage.

I think they nailed it on this one. And to get back OT: from what we have seen around the stars look good/useful and non-broken and correctly costed too! Yay!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

straume wrote:
I get that many goblin coaches would like to see the Loner go away, but that would have been a much more drastic change with predictably outrage.

A much more sensible change, removing Loner from Trolls would have made Goblins more playable without being gamebreaking.
0-2 rostered bribes would have been another good change.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 14:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
straume wrote:
I get that many goblin coaches would like to see the Loner go away, but that would have been a much more drastic change with predictably outrage.

A much more sensible change, removing Loner from Trolls would have made Goblins more playable without being gamebreaking.

I do think they've possibly been 'too' scared of change with this edition. Not always a bad thing, but removing loner from trolls and giving Pact big guys M access were both changes I was hoping to see and not game breaking in any way imo

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
fidius

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

To me, what Goblins need is more ways of cheating, and more hope of winning. More weapons, great -- sell more figs. How about cheating skills that aren't DOUBLES (what??), not being totally hooped by Tackle, AND rostered bribes. I like Loner on Trolls personally, but whatever.
cakalis

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

give all gobbos Dirty player and the will be what they have to be. Little Nasty Bastards Very Happy
spubbbba

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It’s good to see them adding some new stars, a lot of teams ended up sharing some that didn’t quite fit.

Mind you if they keep coming up with new ones at this rate I’ll never realise my ambition to paint up all of them.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I am all for flipping over to the New BB rules as much as we can as fast as we can. We already killed the golden goose with getting rid of the wiz and po. Might as well get rid of all CRP stuff. Though I'd make an exception for the star players of teams that aren't in the 2016 rule book or either death zones. IE skaven and humans should only get the stars already in DZ2. But a team like Norse or Necro should still have their CRP stars.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I’m not nearly as down on the Goblin stuff as you are. I think you have to remember that we (me, you, those reading these words) are hardcore BB meganerds. We see a thing and we think ‘Is that value for money? How do I squeeze it into my build? What is the power level of this thing? Let me crunch the numbers for the OTS with this guy vs. a normal Goblin’, etc. We are a tiny percentage of people that will buy / that care about BB; most of the target audience are probably already desperate for Ooligan miniatures. I can assure you that the moment the Goblin stuff is released, I will see it live in the flesh and people will be ravenous to get Ooligans and Doom Divers on the pitch. If the many (the casual BBers) love them and the few (the hardcore) are unaffected, that’s a win, I think. They’re totally inoffensive, they’re not going to ruin our fun and they’ll add to that of others. A good outcome? I don’t even know if I’m unaffected yet, I certainly have half an eye on an Ooligan…

I agree the stars have been well done (really enjoying the price points), and the optional stuff leaked so far looks fluffy and flavourful. When you get out of the core rules and into the ‘optional’ section, I think we can be super relaxed. It’s about giving commissioners a menu to help people have fun, but it won’t affect the hardcore if they don’t want it to.

It’s 80 pages long, this thing. We’ve not seen it all (apart from those lucky few that seem to have had favourable deliveries – booooo, where is mine?!), but from what we have seen, it looks a good release. Let’s get all of the positivity out now before the inevitable forum meltdown tomorrow! Very Happy

Pretty much this. You can always play gobbos and not roster the new players. You can play pact and not roster an orc. Having the options for league to pick and choose which of those rules you want to use (and there are a ton, I think I even have a few rules I grabbed from sources other than the DZ books about a winter league and gobbo/fling refs). I don't know how we will do ranked and box, but having as many optional rules for leagues as possible is in no way bad.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
I am all for flipping over to the New BB rules as much as we can as fast as we can. We already killed the golden goose with getting rid of the wiz and po. Might as well get rid of all CRP stuff. Though I'd make an exception for the star players of teams that aren't in the 2016 rule book or either death zones. IE skaven and humans should only get the stars already in DZ2. But a team like Norse or Necro should still have their CRP stars.

They do. As far as I understand things the new stars are in addition to, not replacing the existing ones.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 13:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Death zone 2 isn't in the app yet. Anyone know what time it's landing?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I know the book is out digitally in north america as I have a copy from GW's site as an epub
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2017 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you put the Swifts in the OP?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2017 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:

Ok, he is cheap. But seriously why would High Elves need another Mv8 str3 av7 player? With loner the rerolls are a little more risky, and there is no good point scoring with a Star Player..

In resurrection tournaments as normally done for tabletop tournaments it is perfectly fine to score with stars. He is better than a rookie or 1 skill up player and not particularly expensive.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2017 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys really think were just going to be told to pick whichever version of Fezglitch we prefer at events?

I imagine the newer will over-write the older.
Sharper

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2017 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Eventually i'm sure we won't be using the old Starplayers if they aren't republished. But until all DZs are out, there will be a overlap with the CRP stars allowed in NAF events. No easy way round that, just a symptom of a rules drip.
 Jump to: