39 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
finsterface

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
If you have issues then submit a ticket, it really is that simple.

You've been here a while so I'm sure you've seen the disconnection page at some point but I'll drop a link here you you can have a refresh rather than whining in the forum with what is a pretty weak name and shame (against site rules)

https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems

Well thx for the link, but u must not have read anything I've written in this post or have chosen to ignore it. That's completely up to you, ofc, but I don't care, either. Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasted my time more than once due to people activating and not showing up to a scheduled Box game.
Last time that happened I had activated in the night, my opponent didn't show up, then he logged after 2 hours and sent me a PM asking to play.
I had already asked to cancel the game but no admin was online at that time, so I accepted to play it and I was sleepy too.
I don't care about the reasons people don't show up, they are committed to play when they activate, it's like a contract.
If they really had a real life problem then losing a game won't be a tragedy, if they didn't have an issue then they are rightly punished.
People activating and not showing up for whatever reason in a reasonable time limit, like 15 or 20 minutes should lose automatically.
That way they would not activate when unsure to play a game and they would stop wasting other people's time.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have ignored nothing, you complained that people weren't showing up quick enough.

I have provided a link that says that if they are more than 10 minutes late you can get it cancelled. We keep note of those that regularly miss games and deal with those people as and when needed.

Name and shame posts are against the site rules (as you even said), you changed the coach name but you may as well have left it in as it is obvious who you are talking about.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:

I have provided a link that says that if they are more than 10 minutes late you can get it cancelled.

This does generally work, unless the coach who didn't show is douche enough to pretend they were online and in game the whole time.
finsterface

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
I have ignored nothing, you complained that people weren't showing up quick enough.

I have provided a link that says that if they are more than 10 minutes late you can get it cancelled. We keep note of those that regularly miss games and deal with those people as and when needed.

Well, I also said this...

finsterface wrote:
I *really* don't want to pick at this particular coach and I even kinda believe his storyline (which is funny enough)

, this...

finsterface wrote:
I'm really not looking at this as a thread about my case in particular, but at a chance of reducing the frustration of postponed box-matches in general, which just seem to happen a bit too often.

, this...

finsterface wrote:
koadah wrote:
It is a long time since I played Box. In my day if someone didn't turn up (15mins I think) you could get the game cancelled.

You didn't wait an hour for people. That wasn't what the Box was about.

Agreed, it's not what box is about, but it's not about cancelling, because 1 coach doesn't fancy to play (for whatever reason) that particular matchup, either. Wink

and this:

finsterface wrote:
I really don't like reporting sth. like this to the admins

Now, u maybe right, that it might be shameful to have some coaches personal life & how it influences his online-gaming discussed on a forum, but I've also said, that I've been kinda online-addicted, myself & afterall everyone speccing a game can actually read what's being said anyways.

I've started this thread w/o even suspecting, that the particular case would turn out in a way that it did and before that conversation I posted even took place.

Since some people didn't seem to agree, that problems like this even existed or were worth mentioning, I used the example later on. But I don't even want to discuss that particular case, but talk about alternative ways of handling such situations in general and (obviously) in future situations.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So what is the point of this thread then?

My point is you don't have to wait if someone doesn't show up within 10 minutes. The staff are here to deal with this type of situation.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say (not a brag) that I've played more Box games than any other coach.

My opinion is that you've just hit a bad luck streak.

This happens very seldom to me. I'd say at most 1% of the time. This happens probably less than half of a percent of my 8,565 Box games.

Anyway, welcome back, and keep on trucking.

Also, a shout out to EA & Kryten who are always quick to remedy the situation, and are fair. I'm sure there are plenty of other great staff members, but these two seem to handle the majority of my snags. Thanks, guys.

Last edited by BillBrasky on %b %20, %2017 - %20:%May; edited 1 time in total
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
This happens probably less than half of a percent of my 8,565 Box games.

Good god. 8,565 box games. Shocked
i'm both seriously impressed and strongly considering arranging some sort of intervention Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
So what is the point of this thread then?

Yeez, what's happened to this community! Lol, I really can't figure out, which part of my last sentence (just above your posting)...
finsterface wrote:
talk about alternative ways of handling such situations in general and (obviously) in future situations.
...u don't understand? Laughing

easilyamused wrote:
My point is you don't have to wait if someone doesn't show up within 10 minutes. The staff are here to deal with this type of situation.

I understand this and hence have said, that I'm trying to talk about alternative ways of handling such situations.

Now, maybe it's a lame subject and people really are not interested because they're completely on par with the way its handled just now. Maybe it would mean too much effort for too few people actually wanting this (maybe I'm even the only one). But please, don't pretend like I've not clearly said what I'm suggesting. I've even said maybe -2 to fame or some +inducement for opponent for people joining in *late* in the very first posting of this thread.

What is there not to understand, really? Confused Rolling Eyes
finsterface

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
BillBrasky wrote:
This happens probably less than half of a percent of my 8,565 Box games.

Good god. 8,565 box games. Shocked
i'm both seriously impressed and strongly considering arranging some sort of intervention Very Happy

Lol, that might be an excellent closing statement for this thread. Laughing
easilyamused

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

And what is not to understand that the alternative to waiting is to contact the staff to get the game cancelled?

You will not get any inducements or benefit in game. This is a hobby, real life always takes priority. That's why we have the disconnection process.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

finsterface wrote:

What is there not to understand, really? Confused Rolling Eyes

Why you are still going on about this when you have been told how to deal with it.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, ok, got it.

No change wanted, proposal rejected.

So please someone with the all-mighty powers to do so, go ahead and close this rotten thread. Thank you. Rolling Eyes Laughing
finsterface

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Really didn't want to post here, again. But just happened, again.

Spent 34 Mins now, 1st waiting for opponent and then trying to figure out, where good old irc went to & finally filed a support ticket you're all so eager to have filed.

Can't believe it supposedly happens only 0.5% to other coaches, while it's happening to me about 20%..25% of the time.

Used to not be this way, a few years earlier.

Better close this thread, before I post another time. Bad karma. Evil or Very Mad
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Email me at brasky128@yahoo.com when you are about to binge on the box. I'll join you if I'm not indisposed.

I'll be your huckleberry Smile

Oh, also...

New coaches are just that, new.

So if you constantly play low tv you will get that more often.

If you develop your teams you will draw some "grown-up" coaches that won't noob out on you. (Noobs probably don't understand how it works due to newness and not on purpose).
 Jump to: