36 coaches online • Server time: 10:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cerberus85

Post 7 Posted: May 21, 2017 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

New to Fumbbl but been playing BB for a few years. I'm a big ice hockey fan and have been toying around with this as a special card for in-house play.

Bench Clearance - 200K.

Fed up with the opposing team walking over his players, the head coach turns to his bench and snarls, "What are you waiting for? GET IN THERE!"

A coach can play this card at the start of their turn. After the card is played any players remaining in the dugout join the pitch from their own endzone.

On the turn the players enter the pitch they may only move half their movement allowance but can Blitz or foul if able to do so.

At the end of the drive or halftime each player who joined the pitch will be ejected on the roll of 1-4. On a 5-6 the player sneaks off before the ref can get them. The head coach is automatically ejected as well.

I don't know if this card exists, I'm awaiting my DZ books and new boxset through the post and they can't arrive quick enough.

I'd appreciate some feedback or thoughts on this! I think it has good anti-stall potential and would clearly benefit those teams who run a bench as opposed to those with that stick with the minimum 11.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Cerberus85 on May 21, 2017 - 12:56; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

There's an existing card called illegal substitution, which puts one guy onto pitch in your endzone
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems absurdly powerful to have the ability to add up to 5 players on the pitch. Also, being at the beggining of the drive I don't see how it's an anti-stall measure. It's just an auto-win drive card.

BTW, I'm not sure why we need anti-stall measures.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the idea but not sure of the actual game mechanics - i see it as card to be played when your player has been fouled off the pitch and benches clear, like a HBP in baseball.

The fouler gets suckered punch and has to make an injury roll for being hit in retaliaton?
ThierryM

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Put pressure on your opponent (aka boot on the throat) as an anti-stalling measure )

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it should be at the start of your turn and be worded so that you get players off the bench to fill up your team until it's at eleven players again (or until your bench is empty)

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Gents,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've edited the the OP to reflect the card is played at the start of the cardholders turn, not drive (apologies long day yesterday!).

I get the card could be considered powerful but it does cost 200K and does come with risk to the coach playing it. If they have no bench it would no effect and the chance to have your reserves sent off at the end of a scoring drive or halftime (whichever comes first) I think mitigates the extra players.

Totally get the fact that if played on turn one it becomes too much; thoughts on restrictions such as:

a. Only can be played after taking 3+ KOs or injuries?
b. Only played after turn 4.
c. Automatically played if a foul causes a death.
d. Any combination of the above

I really like the idea of using the card as a response to a foul so am leaning towards a and c myself.

Thoughts?
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 14:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, or maybe there are conditions. You must have 2+ players on your team cassed or worse.

Or it only works for one turn where individual previously reserved players roll a 6d afterwards and on a 1 the ref bans them for illegal entry to the field. So in that case the card gets played at the end of YOUR turn, you can only use move actions(all available except GFI)and ends at the end of opponent turn.
 Jump to: