36 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dragonboy

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there Fumbbl forum!

I will have a tournament this weekend and normally I play with Chaos Dwarfs, but I would like to play some ogres because I am painting a team.
I tried to look it up, but can someone tell me a good ogres player here that plays matches here so I can see his tactics and learn from his games?

If not, then can anyone give me some advice about playing Ogres? I am not new to the game, I have been playing since I was around 8 years old (11 years ago).

The value you can use for the tournament is 1.100.000 gp.
I was thinking the following team set ups:
Absolute chaos:
6 ogres
9 snotlings
1 RR
1 FF

But it seems this is more balanced:
5 Ogres
9 snotlings
3 RR
1 FF

If someone could also help me out with general tactics used by the ogres, that would be great.

Would love to get some advice!
Naama

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't go with the first option. Ogres need rerolls. A LOT of rerolls... Having a few extra snotlings seems reasonable, you'll prolly run out them pretty quick otherwise Razz
eldritchfox

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Taking Scrappa is a good idea on a tournament team. Swap an ogre and 1 ff for him.

https://www.fumbbl.com/~CharlieBanks This guy has played a lot of NAF games with Ogres.
Dragonboy

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also choose two skills after each game.
After each game you can select 3 players and one of them gets a skill. You do this twice.
I am thinking about two times break tackle on ogres after the first match.
After the second match break tackle on two other ogres
and after the third match I want an ogre with piling on, but for the skills after the other matches I have no clue.
You can choose 2 skills 5 times so 10 skills total. One of which may be a double.

and is scrappa really worth it?
Naama

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonboy wrote:
You can also choose two skills after each game.
After each game you can select 3 players and one of them gets a skill. You do this twice.
I am thinking about two times break tackle on ogres after the first match.
After the second match break tackle on two other ogres
and after the third match I want an ogre with piling on, but for the skills after the other matches I have no clue.
You can choose 2 skills 5 times so 10 skills total. One of which may be a double.

and is scrappa really worth it?

Well you can of course do as you want, Ogres are probably fun to play whatever way you want. But i'd maybe suggest taking sure hands on an ogre as a first skill. That will atleast save you some rerolling on pickups, as well as keeping you "moderately" safe by countering strip ball.

Edit: Just remembered though, that sure hands prolly is a double on Ogres Razz I'd probably waste my double on that anyway
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2017 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no TT tournament experience but I think your 3rr roster is the way to go, and BT for skills also the way to go. I wouldn't bother with PO myself for a non-progression team. I think you probably want a Juggernaut ogre so you have someone to blitz with.. though I expect better opponents would often be able to tie him up or position in a way so he can't be making very useful blitzes, still a thought anyway. I think Scrappa probably is worth it as you really have to be using a snot for the ball carrier otherwise.

You'll find the most successful ogre teams on here (the ones I've seen anyway) have all started with the opposite approach of 0-1rr and PO for every first skill, always using ogres as ball carriers.. I've watched the replays of some of their games and it appears to me they are just total luckers. I tend to think they must be doing something right as I keep seeing them having good results, but I just can't figure out what they're doing right. I guess you need to find the strategy that fits your style of play though. I've always had better results with the 3rr and snot handler approach (note, better results - but still far from good results) Smile

btw, when do you get to use the double? a sure hands ogre does sound like a good option. Depending on when you get it I think alters your optimal strategy a lot.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2017 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I've been very successful with 4 Ogres and 11 snotlings and the bomber dripplesnot. You can check out this team for some tactics: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=792800 u need ideally twice break tackle a guard and a block ogre. ballcarrier is a break tackle ogre. given you get 10 skills though it might make sense to get 5 ogres and only 14 players. I guess usually up to 4 Ogres counts as stunty so an additional incentive to only take 4. don't throw too many snotlings, use them to always block the way without contact as you can get everywhere with 2+ and you have ss. for snotling skills i either take sure feet or diving tackle. also foul a lot!
 Jump to: