54 coaches online • Server time: 18:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to the

The Second SWL BOB BORC CUP

Currently held by Steaked, the Bob Borc Cup is SWL's mid-year knockout tournament.

HouseKeeping:
  • Divisional Structure
    3 Round Swiss, followed by TOP 8 KO
  • Cup Commencement
    The Cup will commence on the 5th of June. First round is due on the 12th at 10pm SWL time.
  • Axing
    Games will be axed if not played by 10pm SWLtime Monday evenings. Include swladmin into your PM threads to avoid a coin toss!
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform.
  • Drafting and Trial of Blood
    The Draft for Season 69 will be held immediately after the first KO round, with the Trial of Blood running from the Semi Finals until the beginning of season 69.
  • Parking/Unparking
    The Bob Borc Cup counts as a normal season for the purposes of Parking/Unparking.

Cup Rules:
  • Current SWL League Teams Only (including parked teams)
  • All rounds will be a strict 1 week, no extension, from the Monday Night 10pm SWLtime deadline
  • For Finals KO - Top 8 tiebreakers will be TD diff followed by Cas diff (ie, no H2H)
  • Forfeits (if any) will be decided by the Axeman according to PM thread information, or by Coin Toss.
  • Promotions and Relegations from last season (68) will not be affected and will apply for the next season (69) as usual
  • The Cup is OPT OUT. If you do not wish to participate, please send a parking PM by 10pm Friday 26/05/17.
  • Winner earns a spot on the URN team. If Winner is already on the Urn team, the runner up gets the spot.
  • Winner gets boasting rights as the Bob Borc Cup Champion until the next one is run.

Links:

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2017 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

When is the draw likely to go up?
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2017 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The draw is up now!

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you please do the draw again so I get an easy opponent first up?
Smegish

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I second that 😆

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tough match up for both of us I think Smegish
I just thankful I avoided those horrendous claw fiends.

Does anyone know if the final 8 will be seeded?
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 06:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Tyra_Nid wrote:
Can you please do the draw again so I get an easy opponent first up?

Be careful what you wish for. I had an "easy" opponent.
Lorax (RIP)
Little Cat B (-ma)

Cas diff -5
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The knockout last time was random, round-by-round king of the hill style, so you don't even get to see who you play in the 2nd round until everyone plays the 1st.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL farewells a Legend (in my eyes)... Lorax the backbone of the Frenzy Trees, later rebadged as the Freezy Trees.

Lorax was the kind of player who created possibilities from the impossible. I was rooting for him to officially make Legend, (171 SPP); so close and yet so far.

Pixel Sadness

Rest in Peace Lorax of the Freezy Trees
Irgy

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
The knockout last time was random, round-by-round king of the hill style, so you don't even get to see who you play in the 2nd round until everyone plays the 1st.

Sure but that time it was all knockout, with nothing objective to base the seeding on, so no better way to do it. Now that there's three rounds of Swiss first there's an opportunity to seed the finals.

I think it would make very little difference. One upside would be that it gives teams at the top something to play for. I'd say it would be more valuable though to arrange the final draw in a way that avoids anyone playing the same team again (until the finals of course) if possible, but that probably requires manual intervention.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing you have to play for in the third round of a swiss is that the team who loses the game may not go through to the last eight. Also, playing strong blood bowl helps protect your team.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
The thing you have to play for in the third round of a swiss is that the team who loses the game may not go through to the last eight. Also, playing strong blood bowl helps protect your team.

Well there's tiebreakers, (and draws but even win-win-draw isn't safe), but yeah I agree it wouldn't be solving anything that especially needs solving.

Last edited by Irgy on Jun 06, 2017 - 00:54; edited 1 time in total
Tyra_Nid

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2017 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:

Be careful what you wish for. I had an "easy" opponent.
Lorax (RIP)
Little Cat B (-ma)

Cas diff -5

Haha yes, my last SWL match I got totally out-bashed and out-classed by Gobbos.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2017 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

WHEN U GUYS PLAYING??????
Foad

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2017 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis only awarded 1 point for the bye?

Was looking forward to the winner of a tussock/fortis matchup in the 2/0/0 brackt in round #3.

Jump to: