28 coaches online • Server time: 08:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2013 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The worst vamp bug remaining if you are a Stunty player is Jump Up block and Blood Lust fail. If you choose not to RR, you stand up, but lose your block. Annoying on Squigs.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2013 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

There are still bugs - my opponent BH a thrall by biting, which caused a turnover (and shouldn't have).

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2013 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

There's also a bug, that I can't isolate, where sometimes when my bloodlust fails, and I successfully bite a gobbo, my turn ends. The squig stays on the pitch, the gobbo does not hold the ball, and I have other players who can still move, but my turn ends. It's happened twice in my last 10 games. I'm trying to see if anything else is going on since those circumstances don't seem to have anything special as to why it ends my turn, when so many other times it does not end my turn.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2017 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

QUESTION... deferring to the experts in this thread.

What to do IF you use JUMP UP to BLOCK from a prone position and the Vamp fails his Bloodlust roll and then fails to Jump Up?

For that question assume there is a Thrall adjacent to the Vamp to be bitten if that matters in the answer.

Does anybody know?

I realize this may have never occurred to anyone because Vamps have so many skill options and it is possible Jump Up is not used on Vamps very often. So it may be that this has never happened in the game before.

I have a certain build strategy in mind using Jump Up... so I need to take this into consideration. Maybe it is not worth the risk.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

From a conversation on Discord if your player fails bloodlust and then jump up it's off the stands. What you can do is if you fail the bloodlust is to choose a different action instead that does not require the additional roll, i.e. stand up and hypno (assuming they are next to a thrall). Otherwise if the player has dodge then dodging away might be a lower risk.

You have the choice anyway after the BL fail.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2017 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
From a conversation on Discord if your player fails bloodlust and then jump up it's off the stands. What you can do is if you fail the bloodlust is to choose a different action instead that does not require the additional roll, i.e. stand up and hypno (assuming they are next to a thrall). Otherwise if the player has dodge then dodging away might be a lower risk.

You are saying that IF I haven't chosen to BLOCK from Prone with Jump Up that I could do those things... right?

OR... can I choose to BLOCK from prone BUT I then Hypno Gaze instead?

OR are you offering advice on how to use Jump Up effectively without Blocking from Prone... saying that instead of Blocking I should instead click MOVE... then use the extra movement from Jump Up so that I could reposition and Hypno Gaze (or provide an assist).
Saying not to Block from prone... or at least not unless I am willing to risk the OFAB.
If so... I'm not sure that offers enough UTILITY for me to go with Jump Up for Vamps... maybe. You certainly have given me some food for thought.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2017 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you choose a block action with a Vampire, and fail Bloodlust, the game lets you change your action to a move action before rolling any dice. That is the proper rules for Bloodlust.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
If you choose a block action with a Vampire, and fail Bloodlust, the game lets you change your action to a move action before rolling any dice. That is the proper rules for Bloodlust.

By "the game" I assume you mean "the client".
Because what the client lets you do is far more important than what the rules of the game let you do while playing on FUMBBL.

If you mean "the client" OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! That makes me very happy.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That I do, the client lets you change your block action to a move action after failing bloodlust.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
m0gw41 wrote:

You are saying that IF I haven't chosen to BLOCK from Prone with Jump Up that I could do those things... right?

OR... can I choose to BLOCK from prone BUT I then Hypno Gaze instead?

OR are you offering advice on how to use Jump Up effectively without Blocking from Prone... saying that instead of Blocking I should instead click MOVE... then use the extra movement from Jump Up so that I could reposition and Hypno Gaze (or provide an assist).
Saying not to Block from prone... or at least not unless I am willing to risk the OFAB.
If so... I'm not sure that offers enough UTILITY for me to go with Jump Up for Vamps... maybe. You certainly have given me some food for thought.

As far as I understand it as soon as you fail a bloodlust roll whatever you originally chose to do, be it blitz, move, block, pass etc. you can then change your mind and do something else after the BL fail.

So by failing the BL roll, it won't force you to do the jump up block, you can do something safer, like just move or stand up, or you can take the risk and go for the jump up block anyway.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

WOOOHOOO!!!! That is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT NEWS!!!
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2017 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You normally are stuck using the same action, but the click to start moving is undone and you can move to a different spot. Also, the Block action is not taken and you can choose to Move instead.

The exception is for a Handoff, where the client will keep the click to handoff the ball if you did it without moving first. Which it shouldn't do, but does, fail the Bloodlust there and you are automatically off if there's no thrall adjacent, because you have to bite before handing off.