26 coaches online • Server time: 10:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Civ wrote:
If they're stalling you're not pressuring. The spirit of blood bowl is never giving up, and not whining if something doesn't go the way you want imho

nonsense

the spirit of blood bowl is whisky

billbrasky has proved this via longterm experiments

IMHO

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

10 pages of this?

Admins, you're not doing your job!
huff

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
10 pages of this?

We at least got that pull form PC with the timeless ballad.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2017 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Civ wrote:
If they're stalling you're not pressuring. The spirit of blood bowl is never giving up, and not whining if something doesn't go the way you want imho

nonsense

the spirit of blood bowl is whisky

billbrasky has proved this via longterm experiments

IMHO

It's true, I once beat up a patio recliner whilst imbiding Canadian whiskey. It's own fault really, sneaking up on me like that
Zhems

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
licker wrote:
10 pages of this?

We at least got that pull form PC with the timeless ballad.

What?!
WelshWannabe

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm assuming Huff is referring to PurpleChest's post on page 6 referring to the Ballad of RLHero and the the reboot achieved in this thread - After all there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to discussion of tactics.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

kinda sad this thread is dying off, i grew fond of it.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 15:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like if you wanted to keep it going, we should start again from here:

Grod wrote:
I just wanted to point out, that most versions of BloodBowl, INCLUDING BB2017 are supposed to be played with special play cards - Random Events, Dirty Tricks etc. These cards do more than add a fun element, they add a random element that makes it dangerous to stall. Back in the day, and on TT with the latest version, you wouldn't stall if you suspected there was a trampoline trap in the EndZone. Or a landmine. Or a banana peel.

So BloodBowl without cards is quite a different game indeed, and perhaps on FUMBBL we aren't actually playing the game in the spirit it's actually intended?

It's an interesting observation, and not one I'd considered before.

Also kudos to Grod for being in the original 2003 stalling thread! Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
MrMagic

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

He's been stalling since 2003!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

2003 Grod wrote:
I dont mind teams that take their time to score, my chaos team does that on more than one occasion. But if you have a runner with the ball close to the try line, then I say score! I have had games drawn and even lost because I didnt delay, but I will always score when I can! Maybe you might even score again if you dont delay! Its just a game...

I once had 4 elves on the field, all prone, all being kicked every turn, and the Norse team i played just held the ball for an entire half without scoring. It was explained to me that even with 4 elves I was some kind of major threat and might win the game. Granted, but TAKE THE CHANCE.

In the end, I had 2 elves killed, and 4 SId, all with permament stat losses, because I was too good a sport to concede and get out while I should have.

So not much has changed really the last 15 years...

Not stalling makes you win less but it's "funner"

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

In my experience with the forum, as things are actually almost sorting themselves out, right about now is the time when a random coach from eastern Europe, who isn't awesome with their english, pipes up and says something quite offensive, whether they actually mean to, or not. The thread heats up again for a few pages, often with 4 completely new players.

Zhems.. prepare yourself.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
In my experience with the forum, as things are actually almost sorting themselves out, right about now is the time when a random coach from eastern Europe, who isn't awesome with their english, pipes up and says something quite offensive, whether they actually mean to, or not. The thread heats up again for a few pages, often with 4 completely new players.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

How dare you say bad thing to glorius Eastern Europ! Us play much good dont not stall maybe never always, for good strategy. All this talk is idiot.

(You're welcome. I've greatly enjoyed the thread and frankly had no idea about the special cards Grod mentioned. Could someone elaborate? Is this something that may be implemented on fumbbl at some point?)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Archpeasant wrote:
The_Murker wrote:

How dare you say bad thing to glorius Eastern Europ! Us play much good dont not stall maybe never always, for good strategy. All this talk is idiot.

PoLisH CoaCH say what this all talk of western nonsensesies that Eastern EuROPA is not Glorius soviet of Party Legend propogandas?!!!! All mens know this Only THEM ESTONIAN potato-buggerers who what make BBAD REPUTAIOSNS for Easterns Europeans mens and womens and cats.

In GLORIOUS SOVIET OF POALNKSI all mens ASK questions of goods, and NO bad questioons, except for them stupid mena swhat we call IMMIGERANT WORKERS FROM AMERIKAS.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2017 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Isnt Poland in central Europe?
 Jump to: