50 coaches online • Server time: 00:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jip

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the timezone that puts me off, aren't most of you guys US-based?

I really like the idea!

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't consider timezones. I'm EU, so if everyone else is American then that could be an issue.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

That's correct, this is not a time zone restricted league, but games would be short with only 4 players per side, so we are hoping scheduling won't be as much of an issue. I think most American based coaches on this site are aware they need to be more accomadating to European coaches since the European coaches are more in number. We have one opening left for season 1, so whichever of you commits or submits a team first will get the spot.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Tendril is the 8th coach! Welcome and we will hopefully be starting in the next couple of days.
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I should check this site more often as this seems like a fun idea. Can I register and be an alternate perhaps?

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I can defintaley put you on the season 2 list if you are around then. Will probably be in a couple months.
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2017 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Please do. Thanks

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2017 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 1 is officially going forward. Thanks to everyone who signed up! This will be the official league thread for any questions, comments, smack talk, match reports, discussions, etc.
Jip

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2017 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, give me a nudge when S2 starts up, too. Will try and remember to keep an eye out for S1 games being played to spectate and see what I'm letting myself in for!

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2017 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You are definately on the list.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2017 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 1 Match Report
Rocky Mountain Renegades(Monkeyman576) vs. Lions FTW(Emphasy)
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3916800

1st Half

Monkeyman's Renegades receive, they ball is kicked to the sideline and the renegades
surround the ball. Emphasy's Lions FTW chase after it, Renegades grab the ball on
turn 2 and try to run away. The Lions work on surrounding the Renegades and
succeed in dislodging the ball. A scrum ensues in the back half of the field,
the Lions win the scrum, grab the ball, and go into the endzone for the score.

1-0 Lions FTW after turn 3

On the second drive, the Renegades do a better job of blocking and are able to outrun
the Lions. The Lions have a chance to tackle the Renegades ball carrier close to the
end zone, but roll a skull on a 1D block. The Renegades stroll into the end zone
for their first score of the game.

1-1 tie after turn 6

The renegades do a good job of blocking, but the lions are able to sneek past on a
handoff and get a quick score to end the first half.

2-1 Lions after turn 8

2nd Half
The Lions drop the ball close to the line of scrimmage but the ball is surrounded by
three players. The Renegades take their own defensive posture around the other side
of the ball. The Lions try and pick up the ball again and again miss. The renegades
then miss a 2d block, leaving an opening for the renegades. However, the renegades
also get a double skull on a 2d block. The lions are able to pick up the ball this
time and sprint for the end zone. However, the renegades successfully tackle on a
1D block, stunning the lions ball carrier. The lions try and blitz the renegades
tackler, but on a both down result, another lions player is injured. The renegades
pick up the ball, the lions take yet another injury. With the player advantage, the
renegades are able to move the ball up the field with ease, scoring on turn 15.

2-2 After turn 15

With just one turn remaining, there is not enough time for any more scoring, and
the game ends in a 2-2 tie after a fun, fast and ferocious game that lasts all of
15 minutes.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2017 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

We are looking for coaches for season 2.

Human 4v4 is a league consisting only of human linemen with 4 players per side. Games are very fast usually averaging 15-20 minutes. Weeks generally last 3-7 days. There is a 7 game round robin, then a 2 team championship game and then a knockout tournament consisting of all teams.

We currently have 5 new coaches tentatively signed up for season 2 and are looking for 3 more currently. Post here or pm me if you are interested.
Thunderfrog

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2017 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun, I'll play if being stateside isnt an issue.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2017 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope we have several USA coaches, u are in.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2017 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Still need at least two more
 Jump to: