36 coaches online • Server time: 14:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2017 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

This forum thread is for anything relating to Season 69 of the SWL.

Links:
HouseKeeping:

• Divisional Structure
    1 Premier, 3 Conferences, 1 Regional
  • Season Commencement
    First round will begin on Monday 24th July with a deadline of 7th August.
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.
  • Trial of Blood
    Please be aware that the Trial of Blood is not a chance for teams to grow at the expense of competitive play. Play to win and keep the integrity of the SWL intact. If admins deem that a coach is not abiding by this then the team may have to retrial.
  • PREM PLAYOFF!!
    With the shuffling of players to and from teams and divisions, we occasionally have a situation where more promotions to prem are required. Even more rarely, we find that two teams are on equal points from different divisions. This of course means a PLAYOFF!
    This pre-season, Manzoo's Striking Thunder Beards! and Wozzaa's Cult of Monroe have this dubious honour thrust upon them! It's a classic - Dwarves vs Amazons!

Rules to be brought in for Season 69:

• There will be some confirmation of BB16 updates and prior changes to rules. Most noteworthy are the changes to PO, Argue the Call, Spiralling Expenses and Wizard removal. Many of these changes have been discussed/announced already, but expect a clarification/re-statement post in the very near future.

Commish's Comments:

• Admin are keeping an eye on recent changes (particularly promotion/relegation and ToB) and will review/make changes as and when they deem necessary.
  • Admin reserve the right to change the divisional structure and drafting team's TV/TW limit whenever it is deemed to be in the best interests of the league.
  • Have fun, bring the Fluff and get those games played (I love to hear the Axeman cry!)

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2017 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules Update:

Piling On

As of the beginning of SWL Season 69, PO has been officially banned from use in games. This follows from the BB16 rules making PO an optional rule, and is in line with the FUMBBL-wide decision to remove PO from the skill choices in the regular divisions, making it only available as an option to Custom Leagues.
As part of this change, FUMBBL also took the step of replacing all instances of PO on players in Ranked and Black Box with the skill Juggernaut.

After having kept an eye on play in the regular divisions, and bearing in mind the health of the league all round, SWL admin have decided to follow the FUMBBL decision and replace PO on players in active SWL teams with the skill Juggernaut.

This obviously changes the previous ruling whereby coaches needed to self-moderate and any instances of PO use would result in the player being sacked and games potentially forfeited.
This ruling is no longer needed, as there will no longer be any SWL players with PO.

The change from PO to Juggernaut will take place before the regular season starts on 24 July.

Last edited by Luohghcra on Jul 19, 2017 - 03:56; edited 1 time in total
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2017 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Guess what's back? Back again? Fantasy league's back alright! Do you fancy the thought of the Bob Borc Cup Star "New Fish" playing on the same team as the stat freak "Viola"? Are you crazy enough to field 4 different races of goblin on the same pitch? Well the SWL Fantasy League is the Fantasy League for you!!! A place where you can pit 11 players together and watch in excitement as they earn you spp that may in turn award you the Fantasy cup (currently held by Tussock).

Rules:

-You have a 1500 budget to buy players. A player's total cost is their positional price plus their skill cost.

-You may spend 1550 on your team if you include a big guy in your roster. A big guy includes Trolls, Ogres, Mummies Etc. This number does not increase if you were to choose more than one big guy.

-Rosters may only have 11 players. You can not go above or below this number

-Only one player from each SWL team. For example, you can not have two players from the SWL Fun Police.

-Maximum of one position type per race. This means you are unable to get 2 Undead ghouls, but you may get 1 Necromantic ghoul and 1 Undead Ghoul. (Yes, that means if you wish, you can field 3 types of Skaven Linemen.)

-Players must not be hired if they have earned spp in Season 69 of SWL. This means any player that has earned spp in season 69 is ineligible for your fantasy team.

-You may not choose a player from your own SWL team. This is to ensure full focus on SWL. This also means if you are not currently an SWL player, you may still participate in the Fantasy League.

-MVP's are not included in SPP Total.

---

The team that has totalled the most SPP by the end of the season will be crowned the champ of the Fantasy League. League updates will be on the SWL Fantasy League Thread.

Please PM me your fantasy teams ASAP. Deadline is THE END OF ROUND 1 OF SWL. In your PM, please use this format:

Player Name - Cost - Team - Race + Position - Player ID

The longer you wait, the larger chance that your favourite players will have played their round 1 games so get those PM's rolling! Please ensure that your team complies with the rules before sending it to me.

Last edited by mushoomy on Jul 13, 2017 - 04:27; edited 1 time in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2017 - 05:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Legends Season LXIX

Season LXVIII was a good one for Legends. Starting with 10, 4 new ones appeared, and none died... until the final round when we lost Caging Chris. So ended with 13.

Bob Borc Cup II saw young Luke become legendary, but also ushered the demise of the fine saurus Llstrr.

Aymar has retired to Fringe, Gillian is taking some time off... but Huge is back!

12 Legends, with a big crop of Season 69 players likely to make the grade (if they survive)

Image Viola (Wings of the Condor), 277SPP
Image Gangrenous Gabriel (SWL Fun Police), 269SPP
Image Damien "Shake it off" Halford (Blackwater Glee Club), 237SPP
Image Dan "Asereje" Rollins (Blackwater Glee Club), 225SPP
Image Huge Axeman (Error 404 afterlife not found), 224SPP
Image Fish Oil Nilsson (Wonga Wonga Whalekillers), 219SPP
Image Iolas (Griffon Gate Sentinels), 211SPP
Image Rotting Roger (SWL Fun Police), 192SPP
Image Roundabout I (Urban Nightmare), 191SPP
Image Drew "Dr Jones" De La Rocha (Blackwater Glee Club), 191SPP
Image The Violent Tango (Public Service Announcement), 188SPP
Image Luke Skywalker (Prancing Unicorns, 176SPP

New in 69:
Image Andrew "Starships" Cornell (Blackwater Glee Club), 176SPP (Round 1)

Image !Mbele Mummyslayer (Wonga Wonga Whalekillers), 178SPP (Round 2)

Image Blue Suede Shoes (High Elvis), 177SPP (Round 4)

Image Kai the Kobra (Public Service Announcement), 177SPP (Round 4)

Image Lianna de la Castillas (Mexican Standoff), 180SPP (Round 4)

Image Tunnel I (Urban Nightmare), 178SPP (Round 7)

Updates:

27/7: Andrew "Starships" Cornell, a strength 5 monster, scores a Cas hat trick, and with a little nudge from a MVP, makes Legend.

14/8: !Mbele Mummyslayer finally gets there. Two casualties in his 172nd game takes him to greatness. A smashed hip gives him a well deserved break, but I'm sure he'll be back in Round 4.

17/8: Blue Suede Shoes gets there with two touchdowns. One of the few High Elves to make it to the end of a brutal round 4 encounter with the Forest Magicians.

23/8: Two players on opposing teams make Legend in the same game. Has that ever happened in SWL before? Kai the Kobra fast and strong beastman & Lianna de la Castillas fast Mexican catcher.

10/9: Tunnel I finally gets there in R7 after sitting one spp shy all season. Two cas makes him a Legend

---

Team Challenge -Season LXIX

Sadly with 4/5 of the reigning champion ALIEN in Prem and the 5th in Reggies the Wastepac draw is a bit broken. No ALIEN vs HEROES or ALIEN vs DIBBL, and HAND is looking very short in numbers.

So Wastepac will revert to a 2 Faction showdown this season. A Premtastic affair with a dash of Reggie goodness.
ALIEN vs VILLAINS
Foad takes on the 4 Prem ALIENs, and D_Arquebus collects the reggie. 5 games to decide it.

The original two Wastepac contenders will fight for pride (and Sally's Boot).
DIBBL Invaders vs HEROES
decided by a whopping 7 fixtures

and FOUL is left wondering where HAND went

Last edited by ramchop on Sep 11, 2017 - 02:22; edited 8 times in total
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2017 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I am at all biased but I reckon that last prem spot should go to the BBC winner 😎
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2017 - 07:27
FUMBBL Staff

but Relezite has already qualified Razz
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2017 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha fair cop
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2017 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Open question for the admins. Have you discussed doing a league wide change of PO to Juggs in the same vein as Ranked? Alternatively have we considered allowing the optional PO rule after seeing it in action this year? It really restricts the usage now. I've found I'm using the skill at MOST once a game now.

Not after a debate or discussion as that's your remit, juat interested in the reasons for the decisions.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2017 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The Big Prem Playoff

Come one and all to watch the Thuderbeards grind down the Cult over 16 turns... Or will the ladies get the jump on the Lil fellas?

Will tackle conquer all?

The Cult of Monroe V The Striking Thunderbeards

Saturday evening 20:30 (SWL). 15/07/17.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2017 - 02:46
FUMBBL Staff

16 turns? you could get lucky and experience 24 turns of joyful Dwarf grind. Razz
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2017 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@ramchop... if i got girls left by turn 24 then I'll be doin better than I expect.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2017 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wozzaa wrote:
The Big Prem Playoff

The Cult of Monroe V The Striking Thunderbeards

Saturday evening 20:30 (SWL). 15/07/17.

I can show up on saturday, in fact, it's probably a better day for me.
but didnt we agree to play Friday?
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2017 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Turns out it is saturday

24 turns of joyful grind.
Mmmmmm. I cant think of a better way to start the season.
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2017 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Its done. The Beards! are back in the premiership for the third time.
Will it be third time lucky?

It Surely can't be as bad as the last two attempts.... Can it?
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2017 - 05:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Go the Beards! Less Dorfs in confs, suits the B&C just fine.

---

In other news, SWL is seeking a filler team for this season's Regionals. If everything stays as it is, we'll need one more team for even numbers.

So if you're a Conference or Premier coach, you've a reasonable fringe team for the Regions (up to around 1500 TW max), and are keen for another 7 games through the coming season ....

Let me know, PM, in chat, whatever suits. Cheers.