10 coaches online • Server time: 05:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
4th skill for Flesh Golem
Break tackle
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Grab
47%
 47%  [ 17 ]
Tackle
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 36

Composer99

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2017 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What if we want pie?

More seriously, the two questions to answer are:
(1) How much dirty player do you have on the team? (Or, better worded, how central is fouling to your game strategy?)
(2) Would you rather the golem gets better at what it already does, or gets a new option?

If the answer to (1) is that fouling is pretty important, then get Grab.

If fouling is marginally important or unimportant, then look at (2). If you want the golem to improve its existing capabilities, get Grab. Otherwise, get Break Tackle.

I'd only consider tackle if you have a boatload of dodgy teams in your league and really, really need to be able to hit them with more players.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2017 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab is pretty good for more than fouling - especially on a team with 2x frenzy naturally. Any non-ss/sf player even 3-5 spaces from the sideline (depending on your own position) is a candidate for being surfed. Also makes one turn touchdowns simpler if that's your bag.
Lets you push sidesteppers on a blitz too, which is quite handy on a team that enjoys hugging the sidelines and making people pay for getting too close.

If you pick it, and play to get max value out of it, it can change the offense completely.

Break tackle is a solid option, keeps him mobile, and gives some desperation options as well. Tackle is never bad.

Honestly, they're all good options, it just comes down to coaching style and preference.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2017 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input. I ended up taking Break Tackle, and he actually made the 1 Dodge he attempted today!

And now that my only other Guard player died today I am really happy that I took it.
Composer99

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2017 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

sbr32 wrote:

And now that my only other Guard player died today I am really happy that I took it.

Verily, Nuffle giveth, and Nuffle taketh away.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2017 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab in general. But definitely Grab with those 3 opponents coming up.
 Jump to: