31 coaches online • Server time: 10:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would like to play faster games now and then?
YES, bring on that speed division
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
YES, a speed flag would be great
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
YES, other idea - please comment
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
NO, I usually take more than 2min for a turn
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
NO, although I play fast, proper whining in the chat still takes 4min
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
NO, other reasons - please comment
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PIE!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Jokaero

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit I'm not a very patient coach. That shows even more when a game is already decided meaning my team got reduced to like 3-4 players, yet I still have to endure my opponent's 4min turns. Evil or Very Mad

I also often don't play a game because I only got a 1-2h slot and there's a risk the game can't be finished in this time.

I love games that take 1h or less. Hence, my favorite tourney of all time so far is the currently running Speedbowl https://fumbbl.com/n/1957 Arrow 1min turns, baby!!

Being a fan of the competitive aspect of BB, I would love to see this in regular ranked/box games as well.

2 ideas around this are:
- introducing a ranked speed division
- the possibility to speed flag your team on game finder or in the box activation panel, so you only see/get matched with other flagged teams.

Are there other coaches who feel like 1min or 2min ranked games would add real value.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A "dodge Endzone" button for box??? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of 2 minute turns flag in R. I can't commit 2h to a game so I hardly ever play.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like a flag - I doubt there would be enough coaches for a new division.

A league could work, too, or maybe make some of the minor tourneys/brawls fast.
Jokaero

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

True, leagues and tourneys are much easier to implement.

Anyone remembers Speed Freaks? Cool https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=4966

However, they usually require coaches to schedule a game. The use case I see this mostly is if you have a 45-60min time slot and would like to spontaneously play a game without preparation. [/img]
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely it's possible to just setup an open play league (which would function pretty much exactly the same as R or B) with a 2min turn interval set?

I mean, doing so would require a bit of admin (someone needs to accept teams) and promotion (to get people playing), but it's a more realistic proposition than getting changes in R/B or a new division.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

SpeedBowl 1min
WarpBowl 30sec
Ludicrous Speed SpaceBowl 10 secs

zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Surely it's possible to just setup an open play league (which would function pretty much exactly the same as R or B) with a 2min turn interval set?

I mean, doing so would require a bit of admin (someone needs to accept teams) and promotion (to get people playing), but it's a more realistic proposition than getting changes in R/B or a new division.

Setting up a league would definitely work but has the drawback of being invisible to most of the community. It would quickly die off.

If it is an addon to existing divisions you can a) use your favorite teams for a quick game and b) make it clear for everyone lfg that you want a quick game.

It's an option I'd definitely love to see implemented, although I'm quite certain it won't happen.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2017 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I probably wouldn't commit to a Speed Bowl League, but I would like to play in speed freak tournaments. Maybe they could be set up as a monthly or bi-monthly thing. There must be at least enough coaches interested to scrape together 8 teams every few weeks?
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2017 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of ability to choose turn length, but I'm not comfortable with this current proposal. For me 1 min long turn is too fast.. Still, I like an option of 2 mins turns we have at Cyanide, when I want a more dynamic game, or have less time, it really is handy. So, instead of just a fixed flag, why not put some dropdown lists there, allowing to set max and min turn duration you can tolerate. Like max to "4 min", min to "2 min". Or max to "1 min" and min to "1 min" (resulting in what topic starter wants). Then you are matched with any coach with compatible turn length expectations.

In addition, if you set it like in first case - min=2, max=4 - you'll also be paired with those coaches who don't set it at all (as 4 min is default; yet, finding an opponent with the shortest turn length should be first priority). So it will be easier to find a game, while at the same time having some chance you'll find a faster opponent
 Jump to: