46 coaches online • Server time: 14:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all.

I'm wondering which badge I'm entitled to in my team's bio between Griddled https://fumbbl.com/files/GLN/BadgesLRB6/Griddled.gif and PickPickPick https://fumbbl.com/files/GLN/BadgesLRB6/pickpickpick.gif when I have played all the different rosters.
Both have very similar definitions and it puzzles me a bit.
Thanks for your lights on the matter.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pick pick pick refers to the old picker award. You received a picker award if you played 10 games against any given race. Hence if your skeletons played ten games against dark elves you got a dark elf picker award. If your skeletons and dwarfs each played 5 games against chaos dwarfs you earned the Chaos Dwarf picker award.

Compare that to griddled.

For griddled you had to fill the grid. This means you play every possible racial match up. One game of every race against every other race. You can check your grid on your coaching home page.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked your statistics page.

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/statistics?c=ThierryM&division=1

While the griddled badge is meant for a coach to completely fill the grid, I would consider the grid filled for your TKs. They have played every possible match up. Why not hang the badge on the team page?

As a coach you have not played 10 games against every race so you could not claim the Pick pick pick badge. For that badge you need two more games against undead, two against dwarfs, two against CDs and one against pact. That would give you the badge as a coach.
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi mate,

In my opinion the Griddled badge implies the entire grid for a Division (ie Ranked or Black Box), whilst the PickPickPick badge refers the old Awards that have not been active for a good number of years (as an example the Punditry badge mentions a Zen master Blog Rater and Writer Award).

I am quite happy to be corrected of course. Hope that helps at least a little.

Take care Dalfort.

Edit: Ninja'd!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Your Statistics page is where to find your Grid.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dalfort wrote:
Hi mate,

In my opinion the Griddled badge implies the entire grid for a Division (ie Ranked or Black Box), whilst the PickPickPick badge refers the old Awards that have not been active for a good number of years (as an example the Punditry badge mentions a Zen master Blog Rater and Writer Award).

I am quite happy to be corrected of course. Hope that helps at least a little.

Take care Dalfort.

Edit: Ninja'd!!!

Yep. You are 100% correct. The griddled badge is a coach's badge. It is only truly yours when your grid is complete. However, for team fluff why not use it on your team page when the team fills its grid.

For the record I put it on my coaching page once my grid was completely full, however for fun I later put it on my team page after they had played every race.
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Masters of Knowledge )
I'll keep the Griddled badge on the Bones'Galore bio but I'll take the PickPickPick one away.
Hard to find many more badges to hunt for my skellies )
The Fouling ones might be "easy" but I won't make friends completing those Rolling Eyes
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tewy wont complain if your foulers are getting sent off and causing stuns. But if they start splatting.. well it is a part of the game.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2017 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Griddled is only for a totally completed Grid, its not race specific.

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352
 Jump to: