41 coaches online • Server time: 19:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DonnyRainboe

Post 5 Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't find the current Human league thread so i made this one. Feel free to merge or delete this one as needed.

Coach of the Drifter spits prawn tails out over the stand. The decision was made not to finish the sprint for the conference. Randy looks displeased, 'Maybe next year slugger' says coach. Randy sits down next to coach on his helmet and looks out over the perfect grass pitch. A confortable calm comes down on the pair of them as they watch the Drifters practice without their Legend. After what seems like an few hours when the light is fading and the team is cooling down, Randy turns to coach. Coach looks him in the eyes and says 'Okay, we'll move the team back to LA.' Randy grins like a child with his first present.

The team moves once more on the first Sunday of summer.

First game in the new stadium sees a rematch Vs Sargantio's, early in the game Franklin (ST4AG4) takes on the grox and gets the skull rr skull, niggled! The doc says the only say to prevent the niggle is the cut the arm off! The team falls apart without him dispite Randy doing his best one man show on defense. Scoreless at the half the difters go on to lose by two, should have been three, but the never cleared us.

Last edited by DonnyRainboe on Aug 05, 2017 - 04:09; edited 1 time in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Human League still a thing? I've been wondering. Group page hasn't been updated since S29, latest forum activity is from April 2016. Dunenzed hasn't played a match since Febuary and Timetis since December. Nobody seems to really compete except tykoonfranky and he hasn't updated his bio since S29 either. I was slowly, ever so slowly preparing a team to make a run for the Premiership some time this year (bucket list and all that) but I kinda feel I'm too late.

Also, given that April 2016 was S30, right now should be more like S37 shouldn't it?
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The dating might be wrong and the scripts might not be working correctly and needed updated. Group homepage links need updating too. Even if it's just me and one other playing in the Human league it is still a thing to me.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Human league?

TRY DLE! <- (link)
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

DonnyRainboe wrote:
The dating might be wrong and the scripts might not be working correctly and needed updated. Group homepage links need updating too. Even if it's just me and one other playing in the Human league it is still a thing to me.

The scripts still run. You may need to update your links though. I updated the dates on the home page.

Dunenzed, OenarLod and The_Murker have all been online in the last day.
If someone wants to take this over or promote this, give them a shout.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
DonnyRainboe wrote:

The scripts still run. You may need to update your links though. I updated the dates on the home page.

Dunenzed, OenarLod and The_Murker have all been online in the last day.
If someone wants to take this over or promote this, give them a shout.

Yeah, I'm showing up from time to time and I think I will be able to play a bit for the next month, but I will disappear again (work is still pushing hard and my second baby will arrive at the end of July).

I hope to be back on charge in a distant future, but I can't committ now for my former role... Sad

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, life's rush hour, isn't it? Good luck and enjoy! Smile

Well if at least one or two guys are competing I'll give it a go. Not this season though, need team is not quite ready and I'll need to start the first day if I'm gonna have any chance of completing the sprint. Wink
Throweck

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2017 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss this...if I had more time...

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2017 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Just realized we are in Season 37, actually... Shocked
Well, at least I changed the Group title, can an admin modify this thread title? Rolling Eyes
Many thanks!

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we all in agreement it's actually season 37.?
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DonnyRainboe wrote:
Are we all in agreement it's actually season 37.?

Starting from August 1st, it's Season 38!

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2017 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Feel free to make a new thread.

The move back to LA has been a distributing one for coach Rainboe and the Drifters. Not has as family cone crawling out of the woodwork taking all playing time and practice time away from coach but the Drifters themselves seem content to sit on the beach and sun themselves.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2017 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try my best to complete a full spirit this season (August /September).

Randy the Legend is still going strong. Now I've got a Guard block ogre too. Toying with the idea of buying a thrower but a catcher seems better value.
 Jump to: