43 coaches online • Server time: 14:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Espionage

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you can get a concession, I got 1 once. Follow the procedure, and if it looks like the game cannot be scheduled, invite an admin into the pm thread, and he will be able to force a concession if your tryiing to get the game played and your opponent isn't.

Also be aware that it might look dodgy, but not be. I've had my internet go down for 4 days right after my star player got killed, and i remember being distraught thinking "nobody will believe me"
flub

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so you know flub, all the staff here are volunteers. We do this in our spare time, for free, to help the community keep running smoothly.

Demanding a ticket is actioned is probably not the best way forward, especially considering manners cost nothing.
- easilyamused

Of course. There is nothing I can do about it, I just have to wait on you guys. The demands to take action on my part are tongue in cheek.

But seriously... get your damn shinebox and fix this mess (I'm kidding again).

I started a ranked Human team to pass time, but I really want to focus on getting this Elf team going in the Black Box.

Yes, you can get a concession, I got 1 once. Follow the procedure, and if it looks like the game cannot be scheduled, invite an admin into the pm thread, and he will be able to force a concession if your tryiing to get the game played and your opponent isn't.

Also be aware that it might look dodgy, but not be. I've had my internet go down for 4 days right after my star player got killed, and i remember being distraught thinking "nobody will believe me"
-Espionage

I'm sure it happens sometimes, but this guy called me a cheater (we had played yesterday as well) and dropped from the match. If I had known the chat was wiped after exiting the client I would have screencapped it.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very sympathetic. I've had it go both ways - once when my ISP issues went from bad to worse and I had to change ISPs (was losing the game, decided I was happy for opponent to have the win, injured players stayed injured - so, game wasn't cancelled, which seems the norm) and couldn't play for a couple weeks. More recently, and more often, when players vanish. I do think if you leave, don't come back after 15 minutes and then don't reply to a PM for 24 fours than the game should be forfeited in the remaining coach's favour. Even when I had issues I at least came online to reply to PMs via my phone!!!
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It is annoying at times Fub, I agree, but the best thing to do is follow the process so you get the win awarded to you and the person that left the game is contacted by an admin.

In the mean time just play with a different team

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Does that mean the Admin bug has been fixed now? I had an opponent who dropped out recently, spent two weeks trying to reschedule it and he said he would concede (but too lazy to actually do that in game), went to an admin who awarded a draw! I queried that and apparently it was an admin bug?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
Does that mean the Admin bug has been fixed now? I had an opponent who dropped out recently, spent two weeks trying to reschedule it and he said he would concede (but too lazy to actually do that in game), went to an admin who awarded a draw! I queried that and apparently it was an admin bug?

easilyamused wrote:
There is an established disconnection process in place which everyone needs to follow

https://fumbbl.com/help:DiscProb

However the force forfeit button is not working at the moment so the only options you really have are to either

1. Carry on trying to arraange to finish the game.
2. Get the game cancelled.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2017 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i just made a new team, ticket was marked resolved but I'm still scheduled with the guy. oh well.

I know the procedure for disconnects, but good job reposting them I'm sure it will help someone.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2017 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:

I beleive the bug is due to the D3 MVP rule. The only one who can look into and fix it though is Kalimar so at the moment we just deal with it as best we can.