45 coaches online • Server time: 20:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LilleJohn

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2017 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! New user here with a question Smile My +1AG orc blitzer gained his second level and I'm pretty stumped about which skill to give him. Would it be viable to try and make him into some kind of catcher maybe? Any and all suggestions are very appreciated, I havent played for very long so if there are any common go-to builds for +1AG blitzers I'd really appreciate them aswell Smile

Many thanks!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2017 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

SH is good then you can fire the thrower. Throwers are bad.

Make him a ball carrier that is immune to strip ball. HE will also be useful as a safety.

Never pass the ball with orcs. Passing is bad.

Tackle, MB good on later normals. Dodge golden on a double.

ST, AG, MA all amazing.

Enjoy!

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to what PeteW said - make him the ball runner
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PW said it all, really

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

LilleJohn wrote:
Hello! New user here with a question Smile My +1AG orc blitzer gained his second level and I'm pretty stumped about which skill to give him. Would it be viable to try and make him into some kind of catcher maybe? Any and all suggestions are very appreciated, I havent played for very long so if there are any common go-to builds for +1AG blitzers I'd really appreciate them aswell Smile

Many thanks!

What team are you talking about? You don't have any teams showing on your profile. Is this an alt for another account?
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably a BB2 team. Few folks turn up here to ask the serious folks for advice. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree mostly with everything PeteW said, apart from the bit where he said Throwers are bad.

+AG, Block, Sure Hands... Alternate build; I would go Tackle (now a good sweeper and can scoop up a spilled ball reliably if no-one else can get to it), then Strip Ball, Wrestle, Jump Up on a double.
Take any +ST, +MA or +AG he may also roll.
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mobile guard is good as well. I would chose between guard and mb. Like on every other orc blitzer normal skill.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs throwers are actually quite decent. The only thing you can replace them with is a lineman or a goblin after all.

As for the original question: I agree with Mateuszzzzz. I would build him like a standard Orc blitzer mostly, but with preference to utility skills over damage skill. Tackle first, followed by guard and then MB.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc throwers are fine until you get an AG+ blitzer. Then you can fire him! The ideal orc line up is:
Road-block troll
4 Black orcs - for hitting
4 Blitzers - for hitting and blitzing
2 line orcs - for fouling! (Or you may get a cheeky +ST and make another black orc.)

No room for AV8 targets in the ideal orc line up.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrower is an ok player at beggining. If he rolls some stats he might be good even. When he dies you replace him with lino and carry with whoever is best suited. +ag blitzer is good, so is +ma blitzer (i like that one even more - like my ballcarriers fast), +ma lino. Those are all good. You don't usually need sh until late in team development. I like to get g/mb and possibly tackle on blitzers before sh. Unless you carry with some freak lino - they don't get many good normal skills except block.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with PW about everything but the troll. Troll is very optional.

This guy carried me to an NBFL championship.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Agree with PW about everything but the troll. Troll is very optional.

This guy carried me to an NBFL championship.

Trolls are best played, but not overly used.

Stick a stand firm, guard troll (with block if you are lucky) in the middle of a pack and he provides support to a host of other orcs around him, potentially tying up a good number of opposing players leaving then -2d blocks.

If you try to use him a lot then he will go stupid and provide a weakness.

Troll is good, but needs to be played well...

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2017 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As Pete says, a Guard, Stand Firm, Block Troll is golden. Unless they get any more doubles or perhaps if you are lucky a +1 ST, then you almost don't want to skill them up any more.

Many turns you won't even want to move or block with him and just leave him there as a really stupid road block (although hopefully not failing their really stupid roll).

I would disagree regarding never passing with orcs though. If you manage to have 2 or more +1 AG players then this opens up a passing game, which threatens different attacks.

Mostly though, yeah, you just want to grind up the pitch, preferably making a mess of the other team as you go.
Keothi

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2017 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW, if you're going to have the troll might as well include a Goblin in the team for the option of a 1TTD via TTM. It's only 40k addition to the TV.
I've "unlucky" in not rolling a standard for the Troll the last couple of increases, so still no Stand Firm for her. Just have to settle for Block, Pro, Dodge, Guard, Strong Arm.

This side won an SWL Conference with a whole lot less Guard.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=805182

Then the team got dismembered and I decided Guard spam was the way to go. This team carries an Orc Thrower in the side and I've never regretted it. The way the team plays he rarely get hit. It's probably another season away from being where I want the side to be (more Standfirm and Mighty Blow required).

And that one Legend on the team - Luke Skywalker is almost a team all by himself.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10635042
 Jump to: