50 coaches online • Server time: 12:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fabrizionano

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2017 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Was in game with a friend that was using a skaven team. he has got the ball in the hands of the thrower, he catched the 1st turn and he was starting the second, so we are sure that he had the ball. He starts the movement and the ball remained in the starting square... he was going mad xD
how is it possible?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2017 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know - I've never seen that. Do you have a link to the replay? or did you abandon the match? This might be the place to see if anything looks the same as there are a few bugs still in the client. If you encounter bugs, please enter it in the bug list (or add to an existing bug) and provide a screen shot too.
marksman0

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2017 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Did he move the thrower to pick up the ball or he just caught it from the kick-off?
If the second is true, I believe the reason may be that he changed the thrower's position during the setup and the client didn't recognize it. So the thrower was shown in position under the ball, but the app had him placed in other square.
At least this is what had happened to me before.
kummo

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2017 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I once got graphical bug where my guy got the ball but for some reason it showed like ball was on ground. The pic of the 2nd ball remained till whole game. And if i remember right my guy didn't show having the ball when in fact he did have it (i could pass and handoff.. i think after pass/handoff i saw 2 balls.. other on my carrier and another on ground that was the fake one.. i think i and my oppo refreshed client but the fake one was still on field.. but since we knew where real ball is it didn't matter much and neither of us reported it)

Don't quote me 100% since this happened like 4-8 months and 100-250 games ago. And i might not have clear picture of that match in my head anymore.. i just remember some graphical bug relating on fake ball on the floor..

Ask your friend to check if he can pass or handoff.. he might have the ball but graphics just show fake one.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2017 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

kummo wrote:
I once got graphical bug where my guy got the ball but for some reason it showed like ball was on ground. The pic of the 2nd ball remained till whole game. .

Ive seen that happen many times.

Jeffro
fabrizionano

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2017 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

yes i'll put a link to the match =)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Something that should of been in the first post if you really want an answer, otherwise we could be here all year guessing.
Loew

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

another data point: I've seen the "two balls after handoff/pass" bug only when I am a spectator - usually if I join the match shortly before or after the handoff/pass occured
finsterface

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
Something that should of been in the first post if you really want an answer, otherwise we could be here all year guessing.

was gonna say a similar thing - then I noticed, that a link had been asked of the OP in this thread, as well (about 10 days ago, now - in a thread about the RNG) - and he didn't even care to respond at all Rolling Eyes
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2017 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I did consider the possibility that the question was posed as a riddle or theoretical exercise, but it seems likely that they just like asking the questions and aren't concerned with the answers Wink
fabrizionano

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2017 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3928576

this is the replay, 2° turn 1st half.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2017 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm that's a strange one. The log doesn't say that the ball was dropped, in fact the skaven thrower picked up the ball successfully so at that point it looks like just a visual glitch.

I see two possibilities:

1) as your opponent said, he tried to pass the ball but found out he doesn't have it.
2) the ball appearing on the ground is a visual glitch and your opponent didn't attempt the pass properly and accidentally ended the thrower's turn.

apologies to N0O8D3M1SE, but he seems quite new and this can easily happen with a new interface.

If he's quite sure it was a bug, then it should be reported on the bug page.
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2017 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The rat player used a handoff action when he picked up and tried to use the cheat where you handoff at a distance, and the ball got out of sync in the client.

You can't hand off at a distance. It's a cheater bug if you get it to work, and it's buggy if you try. Just don't do it.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2017 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My oppone was a Friend of mine,sure He doesn't know about the glitch or any thing! And i don't think He was making an handoff Acton, i don't remember that.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2017 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

He did make a hand-off action on T1 when he couldn't reach anyone...at the end of that players movement was when the ball appeared on the ground, though the log shows nothing about it. I assumed he was new to BB because of that, and leaving his gutter wide open to get blitzed into the crowd Very Happy
 Jump to: