66 coaches online • Server time: 22:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What positional should i choose
Bomma..for all the the obvious reasons..
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Slann Blitzer..Would probably fit my playstyle + punching power
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Pestigor..get some real blitzing power
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bloater..to soak up some punishment
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Rotspawn..same as above
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Chaos troll
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chaos Ogre
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

Manp

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2017 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So considering my skill level, i have defied the laws of probability and actually managed to win the xfl Masters with my Elfs

The team in question
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=606481

Now the big question is what positional should i choose as my prize. Hope you guys can help me choose wisely Smile
I have quite a few interesting options since i on my way to the title met some cool races.
Looking at

Nurgle
Goblins
Chaos Pact
Dark Elf
and Slann

Left out the elfy options.

Whatever i choose i will get with the skill Animosity as the first skill.

-cheers
tmoila

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2017 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Bomber of course, pass the bomb to thrower, gain fireball every turn.

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2017 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire Orla - get a bloater, pestigor or big guy. Good luck!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2017 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:

+1

I use that tactic with Boomer and Nogli. Works great. And would obviously be much better on your team. You might even get a Hail Mary Pass thrower with Catch for the sole purpose of bombing fun. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle Beast

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:

I wish animosity would work for something like this. I'm all for having an elf team blow himself up.

Jeffro
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

nurgle warrior (the chaos warrior thing). having someone with disturbing presence, strength and claw access along with block will give quite an advantage to elves. plus he regenerates and have access to the apoth to last nice and long.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Rotspawn
Those tentacles will make other elf teams cower in fear, and he'll draw a lot of attention away from elves against bash
Dominik

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with Rotspawn as your main target of attention is the lack of Block. Everyone who coaches Nurgle knows well that the Rotspawn is anything but an exposed player, especially with the lack of Guard by your Elves.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats on the win! Also I consider you a very good coach if that is the compliment you are fishing for. Wink

As a coach who took a Bomma as a tourney prize I can only advise you to NOT take a Bomma.. for all the obvious reasons..

Don't get me wrong, he is huge fun during the few turns he plays and is in a position to actually throw a bomb and no turnover happens before (rare enough!). The bomb relais is also a crazy fun move in theory bowl.
But that fun is bought by a considerable drag on your teams success. Especially when you are low on players (<14) and below the beyond-minmax-zone (>2100tv). Also remember bombs can be caught and intercepted.
My Bomma played 59 games. The number of times he had a positive influence on the result is zero.
I dont regret taking him, as he produced a lot of fun, mostly through hilarious failures and he has grown on me. Just know that a Bomma seriously weakens your team, you need to be willing to embrace that.

Your strongest option is probably the Rotspawn imo. But with my limited moral flexibility I could never take a Nurgle player on an elf team.
I think I would go with the Chaos Ogre. I like Ogres, no specific reasons but personal taste.
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Looney, get some extreme blitzing power, and fouling power, and they basically live forever!

Or really, a Bloater: Block, MB, Claw, Tackle, Guard. Pretty good odds of making legend if you look after him a bit, and needing to pick a 6th skill. Just like a Pestigor on the blitz, only much, much, harder to kill.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember that animosity IS his 6 spp skill, so he only gets 4 on 76 spp.
Voted nurgle warrior.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure about that? I thought he would be a 0 SPP player with animosity as a negatrait.

Oh, and Beast of Nurgle all the way cuz of the tents being a great asset to an elf team.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Are you sure about that? I thought he would be a 0 SPP player with animosity as a negatrait.

Oh, and Beast of Nurgle all the way cuz of the tents being a great asset to an elf team.

I won it last year and thats how mine worked: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=11453143
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2017 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SurferJoe got him! that must have been quite a game.