72 coaches online • Server time: 20:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What is needed IMO to create not pools but rivers of blood;

1-no apothecary
2-few rerolls (fast turnovers/maximum mayhem)
3-forced retirement of players with stat-losses/niggles

I can see the following;

-ban apo and regenerating players
-Ban all player types starting with sure hands
-1 reroll max. for all other teams unless they are stunty
-max starting FF = 1

I think this should work. Low ff ensures low income/not many replacements. Few (if any) re-rolls create even more mayhem.

Maybe a maximum of 11 starting players for AV9 teams, a maximum of 12 players for AV8 teams and a maximum of 13 players for AV7 teams. No maximum for stunty teams I'd say.

I think this is the recipe for maximum carnage. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I like the idea of randomizing the team u get instead of first one to apply gets the dwarves... hadnt thought about it that much... but youre right

Yes, exactly! I think it would be a lot of fun, and get people playing races they perhaps wouldn't normally play, especially in a last-man-standing tournament. And it would also deter powergamers somewhat, which couldn't be a bad thing for the spirit of things. Very Happy

Quote:
What is needed IMO to create not pools but rivers of blood;

1-no apothecary
2-few rerolls (fast turnovers/maximum mayhem)
3-forced retirement of players with stat-losses/niggles

I'm not sure about forced retirement of injured players - since you're out as soon as you can't field any players on a kick-off, and your numbers are limited (everyone seems to agree with lower players limits for most teams), then MNG is a huge penalty. A few niggles isn't exactly helpful either. Besides, it would make RIPs less special. Wink

Quote:
-ban apo and regenerating players
-Ban all player types starting with sure hands
-1 reroll max. for all other teams unless they are stunty
-max starting FF = 1

Ban Sure Hands players? Shocked Whatever for? Does anyone actually pay attention to the ball before the end of their turn, when turnovers don't really matter? The rest makes sense, and some version of it has been suggested before - I think rerolls may as well be banned though (no half-measures eh?).

Quote:
Maybe a maximum of 11 starting players for AV9 teams, a maximum of 12 players for AV8 teams and a maximum of 13 players for AV7 teams. No maximum for stunty teams I'd say.

The key here is balance - assuming a limit of 11 players on an AV9 team, how many players do AV8 and AV7 teams need to be on the level? My original suggestion was 13 for AV8 and 16 for AV7 - that's possibly too many, but it would be more balanced (AV7 suffers 2.5x the casualties AV9 does). If teams were to be chosen randomly, does that balance even matter?

How about a choice: random team selection from the list of LRB+Pact teams OR coach's pick from Stunty Leeg? Max 1 of each team, players/team limited dependent on AV, no RR, 1FF, no Apo etc. Stunty teams naturally are allowed 16 players and RR. Would it be ridiculous to include the regenerate teams on the list (limited to 11 players)?[/quote]
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd not include reg teams unless it is a 'zombie'-only horde of 11 players for laughs.

So random team sunless you want to play a stunty team? FF1 and no RR unless you play stunty?

Sounds good to me!