36 coaches online • Server time: 15:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shalin

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2017 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for all the replies, i chose block and already feel like that may not have been the best choice and wish i'd gone with accurate. Anyways on we go.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2017 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... get a 2nd Thrower and build HIM as a passer.
It's not as if using 2 Throwers is unheard of on a Human Team.
Having 2 guys that can pick up the ball and safely carry the ball is nice.

Use the 1st guy as more of a skilled Lineman with 50k of skills for just 20k.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2017 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is still the best choice. He still falls down but it happens less often and on a young team he will be one of your more reliable blockers. Even though you have 4 blitzers, you have quite a few unskilled players.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2017 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Relying on handing off to ag3 catchers is always a big risk. I can see why he would carry with the catcher to start with if he is taking one. Just take advantage of the move 8.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2017 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

what I sort of do. I now take two throwers on a team (since spiraling expenses no longer jacks you up). One specializes in passing for offense. One as a "battle thrower" on defense...essentially a lineman with sure hands and pass for a discount.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2017 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
Another option if you're using him as a ball retriever rather then thrower: Kick-off Return. May not be the best choice for a first skill, but its not the worst either

its definitely not recommended before Block and since he has AG3 also not before Accurate.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2017 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

what I sort of do. I now take two throwers on a team (since spiraling expenses no longer jacks you up). One specializes in passing for offense. One as a "battle thrower" on defense...essentially a lineman with sure hands and pass for a discount.
The Ranked Amateurs have two carriers. We're not allowed to take Throwers, so we take Sure Hands linos. Right now, one of our linos is still working on Sure Hands, he stopped on the way for Block. Throwers are objectively better, with one more skill to earn, plus free Pass and P access.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2017 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

2 Throwers is good on Offense or Defense.
Offensively you can get a guy with Sure Hands to almost any square to secure the ball on the Kick Off. And IF he should get BLITZED! and KO'd or worse you still have another guy that can safely pick up the ball. (Plus the 2nd Thrower is just as good or better than the Lineman you would be using to protect the ball carrying Thrower or Catcher or whoever).

Then on Defense... if you will do your best to split the field with the Throwers. At least 1 of them ought to be close enough to the Ball that should it pop loose while you are on Defense at least 1 of them ought to be able to pick it up. AND he would be better able to potentially THROW THE BALL to safety.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2017 - 08:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

How are you only just getting the first skill on the whole team after 8 games? Wouldn't you have to actively avoid getting SPPs for that to happen?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
shalin

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the further thoughts, really helpful.
Mister_joshua, some of those were pre-league friendlies, and then i restarted my team after 2 positional deaths in my 2nd league game.
Yet to win a game as humans Sad although more draws than loses. Playing goblins tonight, so fingers crossed!
 Jump to: