74 coaches online • Server time: 21:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kwarrend

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For someone who isn't terribly tech savvy, any idea why when I open up a game the Java pop-up is only about 1/8 of the screen? And I can't just "resize" it either.

I've tried using different browsers to no avail and really am not sure what to do.

I'm running windows 10 on a new Lenovo computer, if that matters.
polemarch

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to reduce the resolution of your screen. The client is a fixed size so the higher your resolution the smaller it will be

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried 1024 x 768 which was a little bigger, but illegible. Is there a specific size I should be trying?

Also, should I be using the Java Web Start Launcher? Wasn't sure if that is making a difference at all.
almic85

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Start with whatever resolution your screen normally is and pick the resolution with both numbers that are half what the starting resolution was.

if you find that the client is still tiny or not resizing when you change resolutions it is because java sometimes "remembers" the original screen resolution. If this is happening then pick the resolution you need and restart the computer and try again.

If you under shoot the resolution you can end up with bits of the client that don't fit on the screen.

If you're interested join the Fringe
kwarrend

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

That did it. Thank you!
 Jump to: