48 coaches online • Server time: 19:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So, you have a 6 MV player with frenzy. They block with the last move (so, 5 spaces and a block) and it's a push back. They are forced to follow up and block again. The game client classed this as a GFI. Is that correct? I was under the impression that once a frenzy player blocks then if they block again it's part of the same block action?

Cheers!
Harad

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it is correct. The rules say 'if the frenzied player is performing a blitz action then they must pay a square of movement and must take the second block unless they have no further normal movement and cannot go for it again.' Happy to help but this is also one you could probably have checked without too much effort.

Last edited by Harad on Feb 23, 2017 - 23:22; edited 1 time in total
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Guardikai wrote:
So, you have a 6 MV player with frenzy. They block with the last move (so, 5 spaces and a block) and it's a push back. They are forced to follow up and block again. The game client classed this as a GFI. Is that correct? I was under the impression that once a frenzy player blocks then if they block again it's part of the same block action?

The semantics are a problem to start. When a player performs a block after moving it is called a blitz action. When you perform a block as part of a blitz action you have to invest movement to do the actual block. The follow up however is for free.
A player with Frenzy is able to perform a second block after following up. It is not the same block and you have to roll dice for the new block again. You also have to pay for the movement cost.
Since you must perform the second block with Frenzy this has several consequences:
If you are out of movement, you must take a GFI.
If you are out of GFI, you can't do the block, so you don't.
You don't gain an actual square of movement.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answers Smile
prefixcactus

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

do you roll for that GFI on the second block though?
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You roll for each GFI. Your move ends after your 2nd GFI (unless you have sprint) even if you have not thrown the 2nd block.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

He has to use Sprint if blitzing and Frenzy?
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2017 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be kool if sprint gave you a third block
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Merely meant as a generalisation that you normally GFI twice. I would be suprised if there are any frenzy players with sprint.
I am sure someone will prove me wrong now!