71 coaches online • Server time: 21:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey. Ive just finished my first season of BloodBowl. Im Fairly new to the game. Ive played maybe 20 random games of blood bowl, and 10 games in a cup. I started out with a narrative mindset. "Yeah Im gonna pass alot, and I wont foul (even though my opponents where stomping my guys every chance they got) and I will not have a big guy because I like my team uniform.... Now though... Now I realise that all that was stupid. Ogre is nice. Foul is good. Passing is bad (often). I play humans and cant afford being silly. ^^

Anyway thanks to luck and hopefully some sound decission making I won the cup. That was nice. Needed the extra monies to redraft the team.

Now Im in a pickle though. Since I started out being silly I took strong arm on my thrower, since I rolled a double and was thinking to go accurate on the next level... but then I rolled a 12. Theres alot of that going on -on my roster. I was hoping that you guys could take a look at what I should try to fix in my team. Who to fire who to skill and what skills. Basically educate me. My first priority is to skill a DP lineman. Foul is Life. The link is to my roster.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18CdfvZJcI8inJlbz0VaKxJ_AWHo_FY8e95U0b4Y0pcg/edit?usp=sharing
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Get some more Mighty Blow too.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

strongarm/accurate is still a very potent combo. It allows your thrower to go into shotgun mode to stay away from blitzing, then long bomb it to a catcher who can race into ez. While on defense, the thrower is still useful with block/4ST. So I recommend accurate at 51spp.

get two dirty players and 15 man squad. Two dauntless players so muscle teams can't easily bully you. And two shadowing catchers/blitzers so elfy teams can't run circles around you.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Get some more Mighty Blow too.

On who?

Have 1 blitzer with MB
1 with +ag+mv and guard who I dont know what to do with. scoring skills or just MB?
1 with tackle guard. Took tackle for those pesky wood elves and gutter runners. And guard coz we had alot of orks and chaos in the leaugue. His next was going to be MB... that was the plan atleast. Or stand firm?... or strip ball? These are the things I do not know. Started watching alot to learn though.
The next one is a new one. The other got -1mv so didnt redraft. Was thinking frenzy stand firm jugg... So if I go for that, a frenzy, should I give MB to the other 3?
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

All blitzers should have MB really.

You use all doubles on linemen for guard.
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
strongarm/accurate is still a very potent combo. It allows your thrower to go into shotgun mode to stay away from blitzing, then long bomb it to a catcher who can race into ez. While on defense, the thrower is still useful with block/4ST. So I recommend accurate at 51spp.

get two dirty players and 15 man squad. Two dauntless players so muscle teams can't easily bully you. And two shadowing catchers/blitzers so elfy teams can't run circles around you.

Thanks man.
And if I roll doubles or stats on him? Agility would be tempting. Though TV is a real problem with redrafting every 10-12 games if your players get too good. Got alot of sponsorships though so should manage it.

Was thinking of getting my new catcher to be a runner with sprint + move sure feet. I landed the sporting emporium sponsorship, Blood bowl - death zone season 2, so can skill up with 3 die, with risk of getting MNG and worst case niggling. But should I instead go shadowing on him? And if I do, what do you normally go for to compliment it? tackle sidestep dodge?

I'll take you up on those 2 DP, defo.

Which two should have dauntless?
KarlYaeger

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:

Even the new blitzer who I was thinking frenzy jugg stand firm on? And if so, MB still as first skill? Should I not have a frenzy jugg stand firm guy at all?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

KarlYaeger wrote:
licker wrote:

Even the new blitzer who I was thinking frenzy jugg stand firm on? And if so, MB still as first skill? Should I not have a frenzy jugg stand firm guy at all?
I'd not take such a player without first giving him Mighty Blow and Tackle. Frenzy is a nice gimmick but it will lead to trouble. Juggernaut is weaksauce. Stand Firm is a good combo with Frenzy, but on AV8 you'll be sorry.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
KarlYaeger wrote:
licker wrote:

I'd not take such a player without first giving him Mighty Blow and Tackle. Frenzy is a nice gimmick but it will lead to trouble. Juggernaut is weaksauce. Stand Firm is a good combo with Frenzy, but on AV8 you'll be sorry.

Allright. Ill go MB Tackle on the new guy. Thank you.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Your +MA/+AG/G blitzer is a star in the making. I'd probably be looking to score with him as much as possible, dodge on doubles, otherwise keep it simple - tackle, mb, any stat, and even consider surehands to convert him to primary ballcarrier at a later date.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2017 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Your +MA/+AG/G blitzer is a star in the making. I'd probably be looking to score with him as much as possible, dodge on doubles, otherwise keep it simple - tackle, mb, any stat, and even consider surehands to convert him to primary ballcarrier at a later date.

He has quite fast become one of my favorites. 9 TDs in like 3 games. And at one time 3 TDs in 8 turns. Needless to say, everyone is trying to kill him so need to play him smart. A bit afraid of hogging all the SPP with him, if he dies. But... My TV is so high compared to most others that it might not be that bad if that happened.
 Jump to: