29 coaches online • Server time: 11:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a current thread that has gone off topic and I did not want to hijack it further so I ask this here.

I would like to ask everyone's opinion on goblins as foulers on an orc team. Stunty teams can be used to foul and foul effectively in an attempt to gain numbers superiority in the second half of a game. Really it is the only hope halflings have in many matches.

Would it work to use orcs as a hybrid team to more effectively do the same. Here are my thoughts.

4BOBS, Troll, 4 Blitzers, and up to two line orcs.
Hire 4 goblins to use liberally as foulers.

You have a backbone of 9 players to deliver damage and should be mostly skilled to do so. Being able to somewhat control MVP means it should not be difficult to get two skills on most BOBs (B/Mb). The Blitzers can be killers really quickly. (Mb/T) Depending on how the team skills sprinkle in some frenzy and guard.

Now use your unskilled goblins to foul as if you were a halfing. If you are fielding a team of 14-15 players on a mostly AV9 team, shouldn't you have a serious numbers advantage going into the second half?

Even when you are using stunties, how often do you get 4 players tossed from a match?

Yes DP on a line orc is nice, but it is 70k being tossed by the ref rather than 40k. Plus, the orc is not as mobile or versatile in the second half of the game.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Have any of you tried this?
almic85

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It comes down to if you think the DP line orc or a DP gobbo is worth more to keep on the team.

Would you prefer to have a 50k unskilled orc or a 40k unskilled gobbo on the field for utility fouling?

If you want DP on the player for more effective fouling then both the Orc and the gobbo are the same price (Orc 50k+20K=70k, Goblin 40k+30k=70k) AND you need to roll adouble on a gobbo as well.

In my opinion if you are going to foul with an orc team, then you might as well foul well with a DP line orc with more utility value than 1 or 2 non-DP goblins.

<EDIT> I should also add that you should ask yourself if you want to take more goblins, would you prefer to have 4 Lineorcs or 5 goblins on the roster in general? If you would prefer 4 lineorcs (like most people) then having multiple goblins on the team is a waste of player slots and they won't ever get on the field.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps both then. Get the DP orc as soon as an orc skills up. Understand that the Orc will likely be tossed from the game. Foul, and keep on fouling.
almic85

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The main reason I know people keep a goblin on an orc team is if they want a TTM option for when they are losing at the end of the half.

Other than that most people would say a line orc is the right option.

And for only 10k more than a gobbo they are worth it AND still cheap enough to foul with and not regret it.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea. Goblin only better than lineorc for the occasional niche situation eg TTM where they give you some small amount of fringe benefit

Those situations don't come up enough times per game to always justify having a single gobbo, and there's no additional fringe benefit gained from additional goblins

5 gobs is worse than 4 lineorc, basically
okostomi

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For me the best is to mix it. I have 1 goblin on my team for TTM and to get an extra player for only 40k. I usually don't field him so is better to have a 40k small guy sitting on the bench then a 50k lineorc. Ohhh, and don't forget what is an ag3 dodge stunty guy is capable of in desperate situatons.
Darione

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So this is my new team after all jour suggestion:

https://ibb.co/iaFtOw

i have to buy another lineman?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No.
Darione

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry wrong place! And i can't find how to delete the message
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't buy anything until you have 200k treasury, then maybe consider re-roll #4. Maybe. Or just don't buy anything and splash extra cash for inducements (bribes).

Assign your MVPs to your rookie BOBs until you get them up to 16 points (Block and Guard).

Once a message has been replied to it can't be deleted by you.