26 coaches online • Server time: 09:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
finster5

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone feel that 'argue the call' should have more downside if you roll a '1'. It seems to me that it's a no brainer to argue the call every time (assume there is no bribe avail). When something is a no-brainer, then it becomes less interesting (imo).
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

finster5 wrote:
Does anyone feel that 'argue the call' should have more downside if you roll a '1'. It seems to me that it's a no brainer to argue the call every time (assume there is no bribe avail). When something is a no-brainer, then it becomes less interesting (imo).

No; I would have made it stronger to improve fouling.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

finster5 wrote:

I don't want every single action in the game to induce tough decision making in a game what already has it in spades. At a certain point endless complex decisions aren't much different than life itself - something I'm playing a game to avoid.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

personally I think argue the call should be automatic. no need for a pop-up window.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
personally I think argue the call should be automatic. no need for a pop-up window.

Disagree. There are times you would not bother arguing for certain players.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

only time I can think where that would be true, is if you were fouling to get your players out of an no-fun no-contest game before being further smashed. But does that happen often enough to warrant slowing the whole game down?

any other times more frequent?

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sharper wrote:
Arktoris wrote:

Disagree. There are times you would not bother arguing for certain players.

You are using Goblins and have several KOed weapons. You may want to choose which ones to argue and which to let the ref ban.

I would still try to argue all of them.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

I would still try to argue all of them.

me too. It only works on a 6 and doesn't get expended afterwards. So roll as much as possible. go for the brass ring.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
any other times more frequent?

You have a bench and make an opportunistic foul with an excess lineman, who gets caught. You also have a secret weapon on the pitch you definitely want to argue the call for at the end of the drive.

In fact, any time you have a player that will be sent off at the end of the drive, who you value more highly than a fouler being sent off at the present moment, you would think about not arguing, no?

Last edited by pokrjax on Oct 11, 2017 - 18:18; edited 1 time in total
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

so argue both. This isn't an apothecary.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If you roll a 1 you can't argue any more..
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, so how's that different than rolling two 3s, or 4 and 5?

bottomline, you're scenario only bares fruit if the rolls would have been 1 and 6...a one and 36 chance.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2017 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not a 1/36 chance because if you roll a 1 on the first attempt you can't speculate what the second roll would have been. So it's a 1/6 to definitely lose your saw/deathroller/whatever vs. 1/6 to save it with the added cost of losing a fouler - a cost I would argue most coaches happily countenance in the right circumstances regardless of the chance to argue the call, ie. when a stun is likely to win you a drive.
finster5

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2017 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

@Lyracian,

there is better ways to improve fouling than using bribe the ref (like +1 to foul). Bride the ref can cause secret weapons to say in the game much longer (if you are lucky). I don't particularly like that.

@mrt1212,

right now it's mostly no decision (automatic), which is not interesting and can have a detrimental impact on the game (ie. a Deathroller or a couple Chainsaws stays in for an extra couple drives)
finster5

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2017 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Remedy: a 1 causes loss of a RR (or if you don't have one, your opponent gains a RR)
 Jump to: