38 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill pack would you choose?
5 normal skills and 1 any table skill on six different players
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
4 normal skills on different players and two normal skills on one player
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 10:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I would say skill stacking is VERY common in tournaments. But by adding one skill to the skills players already have.

Really to answer the OP you are looking for races that do better with a 2 normal stack than a double.

I would argue 4 Block lizzies and one Break tackle +Block or +tackle is superior to 6 block lizzies, but to 5 block lizzies and a block Krox? possibly not. Orcs, as said, can rock a proper blitzer, and maybe Dorfs tool up a slayer with MB/tackle. Beyond that I still see the only clear advantage being to CD.

My heart is also telling me Vamps might prefer the 4+2. But I have never coached Vamps, so I cant really judge well.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I would say skill stacking is VERY common in tournaments. But by adding one skill to the skills players already have.

You have a point here but when the term skill stacking is used it usually means adding more than one skill on the same player and to my experience that is not common in tournament rules. At least not common for all races to have access to.

For anyone willing to go deeper in to this discussion I will post the latest edition of the rules when they are ready, 1-11 at the latest, and would very much like to hear if you would use the any tables or stacking in that context.
Loew

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Continuing PurpleChests line of thought, which player/position really does help its team when getting a such a skill stack?

and what are the best skillstacks anyway?

- Blodge - it even has its own name Wink but most player that can get the stack have one of the skills already, of the few that start without the skill most are (elf) linemen.
soo...maybe worth it on HE and Pro Elf catcher, maybe on Necros Werewolfs?

- Break Tackle + Block(ing skill) - at lower TV this combination makes sense for teams with strong fast player that don't have good dedicated blitzer, or, more direct: Saurus and Bullcentaur

- Claw + MB - the modern killstack. Certainly a powerfull combination, but not many player can take it without a double (or at all). And maybe risky without Block. Still worth a consideration on one Beastman on Chaos or Nurgle. And a real boost for Underworld's Stormvermins.

what else...
- a dedicated ballhunter with Wrestle + Tackle or Tackle + Strip Ball? maybe worth it on a Gutterrunner, maybe on a fast elfen catcher...but not really necessary and overkill for Wardancer

- Block + Guard, MB + Tackle on a Block Player, Block + Stand Firm, Block/Dodge + SideStep ...all good combinations, but seldom game changer
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2017 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The situation is that I am considering allowing using any table skills for stacking instead. That is only interesting if people will actually do it and it is also worth considering if it might upset balance in some way.

I am getting the feeling that most people value any tables more but that some staking will probably be done - without beeing clearly the best option. That sounds like a good situation to me.

i would beg to differ that that blodgeSide is not a game changer. If it was not Elfs would hardly win any games, and I think HE could benefit from skill stacking for one. Smile
 Jump to: