38 coaches online • Server time: 10:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I have an undead team four games in. I have one ghoul with +1AG and one with +1MA (no other extra skills on either). I was planning to make AG 4 guy into my main ball carrier, but with a Move 8 on the team I wonder if it might be better to turn the AG 4 into a ball hawk with wrestle, tackle, strip ball (and leap if he lives long enough).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably make the m8 a sweeper/sacker and maybe catch towards the end.

The ag4 should take ball handling, and maybe pass skills on doubles
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead arn't fast, so if you ever NEED the +MA on the ghoul, you are probablly already in trouble. I would look at him as a 'faster' utility player, not a main ball carrier.

+AG is an amazing thing to waste on a sweeper/sacker, who will be trying to get himself killed on almost every defensive drive where his sweeping or sacking are called upon.

I'd rather have my amazing +AG player as the main ball carrier, who by definition we try to protect, and call upon to make a key dodge at a key time to score or make the hand off.

+AG = ball carrier who doesn't fail the pick-up and waste re-rolls.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I echo the sentiment, first +ag is your carrier. I think a third Ghoul is the ultimate goal, making the ma8 a backup carrier. Third Ghoul gets wrestle/stripball with jugg on doubles.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This is why +ag ghouls become ball carriers.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go block, surehands on the +ag ghoul and block tackle on the + ma ghoul. But they are ghouls so one of the 2 will be dead before they both get to 31 spp anyway
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff, much appreciated.

Since the response was unanimous, I'll make the AG ghoul into a ball carrier Smile

To be fair, I didn't really consider how vulnerable a ball hawk ghoul would be, and obviously don't want to lose my AG ghoul.

Thanks for the advise on skill ups too.

Cheers
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Having both +MA and +AG ghouls is great. I have had a couple of great +AG Ghouls and know they are important ball carriers. Yes you could use them for sacking perhaps but really the knowledge of 2+ pickups and the occasional 2+ dodge with your carrier is so important.
+MA should be sweeper, and maybe a backup carrier.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8014703

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=10547422

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG plus doubles = fun

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8627905

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If you develop ghouls do they become ghoulies? Ok seriously - ballhandler and sacker are both valid builds for +AG, but the latter probably won't live very long. That doesn't mean you shouldn't build one though - while on the pitch he'll be great, and no player lives forever. I would also go for at least three ghouls, and with four they blodge up easily and quickly give you a good running game. However there is an argument that four ghouls become too exposed at high TV...
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2017 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys, that is helpful. I do like the idea of AG sacker but, being relatively inexperienced, the simpler and safer logic of having an AG 4 ball carrier makes more sense, I think. Something to think on for the future (or if I role a second AG...)

Chainsaw's passing ghoul is interesting. Even without all the doubles just one for accurate or pass would make it viable it a tight spot. I usually play chaos or Nurgle so undead actually feel quite fast to me, and I certainly see the advantage of having a passing threat up my sleeve.

Also interesting is I just assumed 4 ghouls is best. Perhaps not. I currently have 4 and one with -1MA and blodge. I'm using him aggressively to maximize his skills (I'm only 4 games in so a blodger is quite powerful), while expecting him to get killed and then I'll replace him. However, maybe now I won't replace him an stick with 3 ghouls. We'll see.

Thanks again
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 18, 2017 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

First ghoul is a target.
Second ghoul is a hero.
Third ghoul is an insurance policy.
Fourth ghoul is a bloat.

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2017 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

At a certain TV level, 4th Ghoul might make sense. Talking about majors and the like. A star might be more valuable though
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2017 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers guys - I'll start running with 3 ghouls once one dies and see how it goes
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2017 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

So, my +1AG ghoul skilled up again and rolled a 10 (no doubles) for his second roll. Obviously +1MA is very tempting, but I'm concerned at his lack of block. Would any of you skip the move to get block to try and keep him alive longer? Another option is +1AV. Not much fun, but might pay off in the long run.

Let me know your thoughts, cheers
 Jump to: