46 coaches online • Server time: 00:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hourly box activations?
Permantly change box to hourly activations
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Permantly change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to hourly activations
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Trial change box to 30mins peak, hourly offpeak
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
Change nothing
64%
 64%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 102

koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think the problem with monoactication is that it denies the chance for the bot to increase suitability. In that sense it does not matter what you activate. If you want to make things fair then please activate as many teams you can. Then let the bot sort out. This is the best practice to allow bbox to operate as intended.

Though, it is better if a coach activates one human team than doesn't activate at all.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I can agree with that.

What i really mean is that as soon as the minimum requirements of a draw are met, then mainly the number of activated teams matters in order to produce the desired matches (instead of lame pairings with high tv difference).

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think the problem with monoactication is that it denies the chance for the bot to increase suitability. In that sense it does not matter what you activate. If you want to make things fair then please activate as many teams you can. Then let the bot sort out. This is the best practice to allow bbox to operate as intended.

Yes, exactly.

These people are essentially griefing, as they are activating only one (often high-TV) team in a timezone where they know the player numbers are very low, so there is a good chance they will be 400-500 TV up on a team that isn't equipped to handle theirs.

They are actually exploiting the nature of the scheduler to try to tilt the game in their favour, before it's even begun. That isn't competitive, that's douchey and unsporting.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I just scrolled through this conversation but... is this 23 pages of MattDakka trying to convince everyone that he is right and the rest is doing it wrong?

It would save me a lot of reading if someone can confirm that.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
I just scrolled through this conversation but... is this 23 pages of MattDakka trying to convince everyone that he is right and the rest is doing it wrong?

Yep, pretty much I'm afraid

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

IIRC the box originally activated all your [B ] teams, kinda what MD sells as the true spirit of the box. It was changed a few months in due to player complains that they coulnd't play their favorite teams and monoactivators who would have a single team thus defeating the purpose of this mechanic.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand that some coaches have one or few favourite races and are not interested in playing others, but I think it would not be terrible to activate at least 3 different types, especially if that improves the variety of the division.

Last edited by MattDakka on Oct 17, 2017 - 16:57; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

It is mostly guys not understanding that the word "competitive" has multiple different usages.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
bghandras wrote:

Though, it is better if a coach activates one human team than doesn't activate at all.

It's almost the same (time zone dependency...)

Fact is, an easy 'fix' for box diversity and activations is to require multiple activations. Better, of course, if you split those out into some grouping so that someone isn't just activating Chaos, Nurgle, and CD for example.

Still, getting more teams, if not more coaches, into the draw should mean more draws happening, and more 'even' pairings being created.

If the price is that your mono-human guy stops playing, good riddance.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
keggiemckill wrote:
smallman wrote:

My last game had a TV difference of 1mil, and recently had a 840k gap game.

This should at the very least be trialed. If this is trialed and fails I will gladly banish myself from this site if majority desire this. This will excite some of you lol.

Box was killed because of you, you *snip*. Your low TV cherry picking, caused a change in Box. That Change resulted in less people playing. You drove away many people before the change, and after the "small man" change. You are 90% to blame for any of this.

Your High inducement games are again because you are a *snip*. The rules were changed specifically with you in mind. We warned you, and you kept doing it. To complain about it now is the most ironic thing I personally have ever experienced.

For a third time, you are a *snip*.

Watch the language - ea

cherry pick in box?? I think you are confused. I am not complaining at all, just making a suggestion I know will improve the box for all. I happy to play different games if box continues to die.

I would love to play my agility teams more often, so pixel huggers like you don't cry so much. But an agility team with a 1mil TV disadvantage has no chance, and my chaos pact do have a chance, so that's all I activate to ensure I don't give away easy wins.

Find it quite amusing how many people are happy to wait 15min hoping box activates next round just to see it fail again lol.

I Play in a TT league with Flings, where I'm regularily down 800+ TV. Anyone that plays ARR teams know that thier players die. You played the same cheeseball team over and over gain, hoping to catch rookie teams unexpected. 2 Legends at 110 TV, where you won't see tougher teams. Yet you call me the Pixel Hugger, you bafoon. Pishaw I say, Pishaw!

Jeffro
thoralf

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:

Activating teams for n00bz would also help.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

"I just scrolled through this conversation but... is this 23 pages of MattDakka trying to convince everyone that he is right and the rest is doing it wrong?

It would save me a lot of reading if someone can confirm that."

I think this was actually just suppose to be a thread for smallman to get some recognition for playing up 900Tv and winning with his most unpopular team. Unfortunatly, in 23 pages, people have failed to give him or MattDakkaDakka their props for being Box gods.

I would be nice to have a word from Christer on how he feels about the concept of 'Multiple team activations required' for Black Box.. ones from different 'catagories.' (Maybe a link if he has already commented elsewhere) This is a re-occuring theme/request, and maybe it would go away if the big man stated his reasons for not liking the idea. (If he doesn't like it)

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 19:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It won't go away. I've stated this in the past as well: I don't like forcing people to play teams they're not interested in playing.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:

Unfortunatly, in 23 pages, people have failed to give him or MattDakkaDakka their props for being Box gods.

I never implied (or thought) I'm a Box god, and smallman just suggested his idea of hourly activation.

Last edited by MattDakka on Oct 17, 2017 - 19:49; edited 1 time in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2017 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
It won't go away. I've stated this in the past as well: I don't like forcing people to play teams they're not interested in playing.

What about a halfway compromise so we have certain days of the week where coaches in non-peak timezones have to activate a variety of teams? Say, Monday and Thursday. That way, no-one is forced to play a team they don't want, but at least there are a couple of evenings where the rest of us know we will have some relief from the monoactivating griefers.

Seriously, they are destroying the American Box.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: