59 coaches online • Server time: 20:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a recurringly voiced comment then from the Cyanide community that the absence of these two teams is the reason why they are not going to NAF sanctioned tabletop tournaments? (cause somewhere, I doubt it...)

That being said; FUMBBL isn't the NAF, so I am interested to see what the actual verdict of NAF will be on implementing the team, how this relates to GW's production on the Death Zones and therefor what the "actual" GW teams / rules will be that FUMBBL followed in the past on this.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a fan of Berts or Khorne but I'm sure some ppl like 'em so why not right?
They certainly aren't overpowered.
I really really really hate the fact that some daemons have regen and some don't though. Awful design failure.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't we all just bow to the reality that Cyanides Bloodbowl I, I Chaos Edition, I Legendary Edition, II and II Legendary edition are now the heart and soul of Bloodbowl and follow their lead?

Oscar Wilde
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2017 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

SkavenLordVinshqueek wrote:
Is there a recurringly voiced comment then from the Cyanide community that the absence of these two teams is the reason why they are not going to NAF sanctioned tabletop tournaments? (cause somewhere, I doubt it...)

That being said; FUMBBL isn't the NAF, so I am interested to see what the actual verdict of NAF will be on implementing the team, how this relates to GW's production on the Death Zones and therefor what the "actual" GW teams / rules will be that FUMBBL followed in the past on this.

The "actual" GW teams have been few and far between... GW has been slow to release actual minis, and when they do, they are either a "team" using existing minis from release (repackaged humans, gobbos and rats with an odd big guy thrown in). With the recent 40k release, it seems BB fell into a black hole...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not Simyins as well? They are better designed than both Khorne and Bretonnians.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Simyins is a fumbbl league only roster. Not even on Ranked and Box. And they are not remotely related to BB fluff. And far more people play cyanide, including TT players.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Because Simyins is a fumbbl league only roster. Not even on Ranked and Box.

Khorne and Bretonnians aren't even fumbbl league rosters.

Quote:
And they are not remotely related to BB fluff.

Khorne has Passing access on 16 players. That cannot be said to be good fluff either.

Quote:
And far more people play cyanide, including TT players.

A lot of players play in fumbbl league division as well, including TT players.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2017 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
And far more people play cyanide, including TT players.

Quantity doesn't mean quality.
Cyanide coaches have no clue about the fluff if they voted for the Bretonnians and Daemons of Khorne.
Both teams are a crime against the fluff.
If they wanted to make a Frenzy spam team then they could have used Savage Orcs, instead of Daemons of Khorne.
sebco

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, now that these two rosters are NAF sanctionned, I would like them to appear on FUMBBL (so to have 26 rosters appearing and not 24 when I want to create a new team in Black Box). Not because I already want to play them myself. But because, in my opinion, it's better for BB community unity if we play with the same rules.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi MattDakka
Quote:
Cyanide coaches have no clue about the fluff if they voted for the Bretonnians and Daemons of Khorne.

In all fairness, it wasn't Cyanide coaches who voted. It was NAF coaches - the vast majority of which must be tabletop players.

Quote:
Both teams are a crime against the fluff.
I've got 5-6 gripes with the Khorne roster.
AFAIK what bothers most people about the Bret roster is that the Blitzers are more quarterbacks than killers. I think "crime against the fluff" is a Little harsh. Then again, If I agreed I'd have designed them differently, so no surprise there Wink

Either way, I think there is a huge difference between "flawed fluff" and "in no way relevant to the BB setting" - which is the problem with Simyans.
I think Simyans could be reskinned as Tzeentch reasonably well, and that would help a lot.IMO.

Cheers
Martin
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to have Khorne and Bretonnians in the League Division as a start. Its not an unofficial division and each League can decide whether to allow these teams or not.

Oscar Wilde
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
It would be nice to have Khorne and Bretonnians in the League Division as a start. Its not an unofficial division and each League can decide whether to allow these teams or not.

Each league can already decide whether to allow them or not Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but Secret League is different to League. Right? Can't we have them as standard League teams like Simyin?

Also the rosters on your link are completely different for both Khorne and Bretonnian.

https://www.thenaf.net/2017/10/naf-database-update/

Oscar Wilde
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah OK. For people stuck on the standard ruleset.

Sure, I don't have a problem with adding them.

What I'd really want though, would be a way to get the teams/leagues off the standard ruleset.
And cross ruleset games of course. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi plasmoid!
plasmoid wrote:

In all fairness, it wasn't Cyanide coaches who voted. It was NAF coaches - the vast majority of which must be tabletop players.

Therefore the NAF coaches don't care/don't know the fluff, because both teams don't represent properly the fluff.

plasmoid wrote:

AFAIK what bothers most people about the Bret roster is that the Blitzers are more quarterbacks than killers. I think "crime against the fluff" is a Little harsh. Then again, If I agreed I'd have designed them differently, so no surprise there Wink

Blitzers being more quarterbacks than killers is clearly against the fluff of the Bretonnian Knights.
They are all about fighting and making heroic feats, and according to their chivalric code they can't use ranged weapons, therefore doesn't make sense they can be developed as quarterbacks, since passing is akin to using a sort of "ranged attack" to avoid the fights.
Also, not having S access make them inferior to Human Blitzers as killers, and that is absolutely wrong, because Bretonnian Knights should have the same hitting potential, if not higher.
Even without considering the fluff, the Bretonnian roster is prone to minmax, 4 players with Block, 4 with Wrestle and Leader for the cheap rr.
The Peasants with Fend are slightly better than how they should be.

This roster: https://fumbbl.com/help:BreT
portrays way better the Bretonnians.

The Knights have S access and no P access, the Squires pick up/catch the ball and hand it off to the Knights, because picking up it's a task too humble for them, while the Peasants are really bad as they should be, without Fend. The starting roster has only 4 players with Block.

About Daemons of Khorne, this roster is way fluffier:
https://fumbbl.com/help:KhorneDt

I was referring to Bretonnians and DoK, didn't consider the Simyin but yes they are not related to BB world at all, and badly designed as well.

Check the Gorillas:
0-4 Gorillas 5 4 2 8 Extra Arms, Grab AS GP 100k

ST 4 players with S access and no G access, it's utterly wrong.
There is no ST 4 player in BB without G access, that is poor design, you have to hope for a double if you want to have decent Blockers.

Last edited by MattDakka on Oct 25, 2017 - 16:19; edited 2 times in total
 Jump to: