61 coaches online • Server time: 20:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Yathrul

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I have made a private group to play with some friends and I hoped to create a Tournament to play each other but i don't know how my friend's teams can be added to the tournament.

I suppose my friends must make a [L] team but then, how do I join them into the tournament?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The teams should be visible in the "teams" page of your tournament group.

They have to sign up their teams first.

In "edit group info" your group must be 'recruiting'

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

But, if it is a "private" group, can they join the group freely (they look for the group and join it)? or do I have to send them some kind of invitation to join the group?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll need to send them a link to the group page. Otherwise, they won't find it.

When the have created their teams you can invite them from the group teams page

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, thanks for your help Koadah.
Yathrul

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

One more question. I suppose that I have to make the team in my Overview page, under [L] mode but, I have admitted other teams added to the basic ones (Bretonnian, for example) and I cannot make a new team like that in [L] mode, I am not allowed to choose it.
Then, how can I make teams different from the basic ones for Leagues?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have added new teams then you must have created a ruleset.
You need to find the ruleset id. It should at the end of the url of the ruleset page.
e.g. 9
Code:
https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=9

You need to edit your league's "group info" page.
Change the "Group type" from "meta group" to "league".
You should now see an option to add a "Ruleset Id". Enter the id of your ruleset and save.

You should now see a "create team for this league" link on the league/group home page.

If it doesn't work try adding the ruleset id again. Sometimes it doesn't save properly the first time.

Teams created from the league home page cannot play against teams created from a coach overview page. Or against teams created from different rulesets.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, koadah, again but... how many times do I have to "remodify" the "group type" and click again in the Ruleset Id to get it changed. I have made it 12 times and it doens't modify.

Do I have to set anything else in any strict way to get it?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yathrul wrote:
Thanks, koadah, again but... how many times do I have to "remodify" the "group type" and click again in the Ruleset Id to get it changed. I have made it 12 times and it doens't modify.

Do I have to set anything else in any strict way to get it?

It has always worked the 2nd time for me.

If you temporarily make me an admin I'll have a look at it.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2017 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I even deleted the group and created another one with the same name and directly with "league" type and my Ruleset and when I access the group configuration it has "Meta" group again, not "league".
 Jump to: