49 coaches online • Server time: 16:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shalin

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2017 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, clever Bloodbowl people.

So playing a 3 game tournament using resurrection rules.

Allowed 5 normal or 3 normal 1 double skills. No skill more than twice and no player with more than 2 skills.

My options as I see it team composition wise are:

Ogre, 4 blitzers, 1 thrower, 2 catchers, 3 linemen, 3 re-rolls. Fairly standard 990 buy.
So added onto that a choice of a 4th re-roll, a 4th line man or a 3rd catcher. I can afford 2 of the 3, so is a 13 man bench better than 4 re-rolls?

Then in terms of skills-
guard on the ogre and 1 blitzer; fairly obvious.
Then I'm wondering about accurate and diving catch on the thrower and catcher respectively allowing for a bit more of a passing game (I know this is sub-optimal, but i'd like to play humans using their all-rounderness more and this will give a chance to try the combination.)
Then finally MB or frezy on another Blitzer.

It's not a very serious tournament and I'm still new to the game, so I'm seeing it more as a chance to try out skill combinations that I'd take on my league team.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 15:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

shalin wrote:
...so is a 13 man bench better than 4 re-rolls?

Sort of depends on your playstyle. If you are a newer coach or a heavy fouler go with 13 players (2 spare linemen maybe). Your thrower can always get Leader as a cheap 20k skill instead of guard on the ogre. I know its the 'big guy'! but he only has to bonehead a few times to ruin your game. Either extra guard on another blitzer (no frenzy, need way more guard for that). with 2 blitzers with guard you can almost always get a 3d block with your ogre which is way more useful... in my opinion.

Sooo, i THINK thats my opinion if i did my math right. if you do go 2 extra linemen you can always give on dp!
shalin

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi lorebass, thanks for replying.

As it goes I went with 4rr's and I appreciated the extra contingency.
I ended up winning the event, which was a surprise given how badly I've been doing in our league.
 Jump to: