40 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shalin

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

My barely skilled human team (1100TV) is playing a 2nd season Norse team (1590) lots of skills and all sorts.

What inducements should I take? I'm doing badly in the league, but am not that bitter. One consideration is that I am, considering taking this team for a 2nd season in the hope that they'll fare better with more skills.

So these are some of my options.

1. Morg and Babe.
2. Zug, Bribe, Chainsaw or DP lineman.
3. Zug, apo, 2 babes.
4. Zara, apo, 2 babes.

I've only got 10 players so I'd quite like to get upto 12. This and my tendency to forgot to use them puts me off wizards.

As I say I'm not bitter so chainsaw fouling seems a bit mean, but it is a way to try and gain some numerical advantage which I would presumably need to win.
I would like to try and get some spp, so someone like griff seems like a bad idea.
Do I just take Morg as it is quite unusual to have such a high TV difference and he is thestarplayer?

Answers on a postcard.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaws suck.

When you say 10 men, is your 490k with a 10 man roster? If you take a Journeyman, will it be down to 440k?

Can you link your team, or at least tell us what you've got?

Off the top, Zug is 260k, a Bribe is 100k, and a DP Merc lino is 130k. That's 490k.

Babes are better for when you have a good team.

Are you playing BB2016? Can you splash Treasury? In that case, you could drop 10,000 gold and "upgrade" Zug to Zara. Zara's Stab gives you a 5/12 chance to take down AV7, if you lack Tackle to handle the Norse Runners (assuming they have Dodge by now). If you're playing LRB6, stick to the above inducements (Zug, DP, bribe). If the Journeman brings you down to 440k, take him, and just don't take DP on the Mercenary.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. Sorry it’s a TT league, I find this the most responsive forum which is why I asked here.

I’ve got one journeyman lineman who’s included in my 1100 TV. Basic lineup:
4 blitzes, ogre, 3 linemen, 1 thrower (block), 2 catchers (1w/ block), apo, 2ff. Which adds up to tv1100. I don’t have any cash to add to inducements.

So you’d go zug and dp lineman rather than chainsaw or Morg. That is what I’d been thinking already, but I wonder if I shouldn’t take Morg just for fun? Has anyone ever used him, is he worth it?
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

How much I'd Griff? Griff and chainsaw for me if possible.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Griff is 320k, leaving you with 170k. Chainsaw is 110k, leaving you with enough for a Babe or Dirty Trick.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 18:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Many many more details needed to really give you an answer except based on our preference when coaching humans.

Humans are one the most versatile rosters, and have stars that are diverse and function very differently. Of course as humans, whatever you do, you still need flexibility, but some things to help your thinking:

You dismiss his team as
Quote:
a 2nd season Norse team (1590) lots of skills and all sorts.
But what does that mean?

If he has lots of tackle avoid Zara, good as she is (especially vs low AV using stab) Blodge is her virtue also. If little tackle she could rock.

Also have they Claw/MB(and possibly even PO) on their Yeti? Do they even have a snow beast? If they have then Zug and even Morg are less use, as av9/10 = av7.

For raw hitting power Morg is unbeatable, but Zug holds his own too. Some use Morg for ball Carrying, i feel that's a mistake, as it limits his hitting and tying people down. Zug is god awful slow, but can dominate a LOS.

Griff is great if you want to go elfish and dodge around doing nonsense with the ball, but again tackle can neuter him.

If he's built to kill, with Mb and DP, then maybe apoths and babes. But lacking stars on your team usually means money can be better spent elsewhere if a win is truely the goal.

And chainsaws. Well, they suck, except when they don't. its a lot of cash on a gamble. best used vs av7, so that's all good, but Helmut is block free and vs all block norse he likely wont live long, so if you use him hit hard, hit early and feel free to foul him out early and not mind.

Does he have key big stuff? then DP and maybe a bribe (never use bribes for saws). but if he is flatter, with spread skills, then that tactic is less use.

Oh and don't hire Puggy Baconbreath. 140K for a TTM option is too too much.

Hope that helps.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

morg. morg kills vikings.

Jump to: