38 coaches online • Server time: 10:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, coaches!

Are your FUMBBL skills not quite up to snuff? Is your CR regularly below 160, despite playing "tier 1" teams? Do you win less than 55% of your games? Do the pickers all greenlight you? Are you being outclassed in your home league(s)?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then perhaps I can help. I'm no Legend, mind, but I'm good enough to beat the best on a good day, win the odd big league, take home some minor trophies. Also, I have several years of multi-subject tutoring and evaluation experience with all ages and skill levels, so I can help you get to that level.

Here's my offer to you:
1) Donate $10 to FUMBBL, in addition to any other fundraisers or Patreon donations or whatever else you do.
2) Send me two match reports. Include matches where you think you got outplayed but don't know why, or matches where you think maybe if you'd done something different you could have gotten a better result.
3) I'll review these two match reports for you, look for what you did well and what you could improve on, and give you some pointers at your skill level plus a quick skills assessment.

Only you can make you a Legend. But together we can improve your game to the point where you have great fun winning. Because, let's face it, the winners get the chicks. Wink

Last edited by JackassRampant on Oct 28, 2017 - 00:19; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea, good luck with it!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So far I've had six takers, and I think I've been able to meaningfully help five of them.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I can vouch for the time being valuable for someone basically new.
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
So far I've had six takers, and I think I've been able to meaningfully help five of them.

Nice idea! What happened with the guy you couldn't? Maybe others might be able to offer something if you post his matches?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I had some good pointers for Arcayn, but it was all stuff where he knew better at the time. Like, he put one of his cage corners in base contact with a prone Jump Up player and it cost him a drive (and a match). But he kinda knew that what he was doing was a no-no.

Mind you, Arcayn uses the first-turn surf offense regularly, so it's not like he hasn't already taken some of my pointers. It's just that the two matches he sent me, his errors were brain-farts (conscious incompetence) rather than unconscious incompetence.

Hmmm. Funny, while I was editing this comment, I came up with a pointer he can take home and use over and over. I'll share it with him.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Might take you up on this. I feel like I'm decent at this game but regularly lose when I could have won.

Great idea man.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, now I feel like I've been meaningfully able to help all 6. Smile

I give each match report 15-20 minutes of think time; usually 10-15 minutes on the spot and 5 minutes a little later.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I can recommend the service, helps me get the basics right to build on.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I so want to send JR two of my matches to see what he makes of them!!!

xD

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG. That would be awesome. You're way above the level I'd be willing to try to tutor (hell, you're significantly above my level; I watch your games for inspiration), but I'd find the challenge interesting.

Pick recent-ish losses or ties, pls. And not horrid dicings. I know, it's asking a lot. I'd like to try, though. No promises re: outcome; again, you're hardly my market and if you make any mistakes, I might not notice them. We'll see.

My real target is the Emerging Star or Star coach. I can work with Rookies and up. If you're a Super Star or Legend, it's possible I might spot something you didn't, but it's not all that certain, and I make no promises.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome idea, JR!!
You got me into fumbbl, helped me improve my game and got me to donate to the site i enjoy so much!
Anyone who seeks advice, JUST DO IT! Wink

(If you don't grasp this oportunity, you must either be a VERY good coach, or you don't mind getting trashed over and over again.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Or you simple can't afford donating. Wink

Great idea, JR, and I'm glad it's working out!

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JR took a look at my Fumbbl Cup loss and pointed out where my positioning should have been different. With better defensive positioning in the first half, I may not have given up the first score.

Thanks for taking a look JR.
 Jump to: