46 coaches online • Server time: 14:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2017 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:

See, this is what reads as "Khorne" to me.
I think they would compete at being the one who won the game for the team.

You can fight your opponents to open a path to endzone and score, that doesn't mean necessarily "attack everybody within range", it's different.
Khorne is more "kill anybody, no matter who" that means even attacking your own team mates, and according to the fluff, Khorne Champions and followers constantly fight each other (therefore they should have skills like Frenzy, Animosity, Blood Lust).

plasmoid wrote:

I do like Pro for the team. My original team concept had it. But the feedback back then was that a starting player should never be a "pro". So I dropped that.

Well, Pro could represent many things, in this case the superior martial training of a Knight.
Not all players start with the same level of experience and skill.

plasmoid wrote:
I just disagree that that translates into "you shouldn't pass the ball into the EZ".

I think that we can agree about this simple thing: Knights don't train in passing the ball/ranged related actions, so they should not have P access for sure.
They should have G,S access, Dauntless, Block and another skill like Pro (that synergizes with Dauntless and can be used to rr ball related actions if needed, but doesn't make Knights quarterbacks/catchers).
Squires/Yeomen should perform the ball related actions like picking up and handing off/passing to their Lords, while the Knights should be the scorers (a sort of "feudal privilege" Smile ).
I really like the idea of the Squire picking up the ball from the mud and handing it off to a Knight, it represents well the feudal idea of lowborn people doing the dirty and humble tasks for their shiny and lofty Lords.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The question shouldn't be whether we all agree that we like the new rosters, but whether they are official, or semi-official and should be included as such on the site. I would say they are in the realm of semi-official (and I wouldn't be surprised to see them included by a new GW rulebook soon). As such, we could at least include them in League for the time being, where individual tournament organisers can choose whether or not to include them. Currently,NAF tournaments now have permission to use them, so at the very least, when we have a FUMBBL-NAF tournament, we may need the new teams on FUMBBL if we are going to recreate the tournament.

Could we just change the made-up Brettonian and Khorne teams in the Secret League to at least match the official roster?

Oscar Wilde
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

We can make new ones, for naf tournaments. Needs an icon for the heralds (others exist already).

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

NAF-Brets and NAF-Khorne seem suitable names. Just to not fuel any irrational Cyanide-hate on them poor rosters.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

Could we just change the made-up Brettonian and Khorne teams in the Secret League to at least match the official roster?

LOL. Secret League rosters are Secret League rosters. The other 70 odd rosters are not official. Why should Brettonian and Khorne be? Mr. Green

Secret League rosters are Garion's. He'll change them as he sees fit.

straume wrote:
NAF-Brets and NAF-Khorne seem suitable names. Just to not fuel any irrational Cyanide-hate on them poor rosters.

They don't need a prefix. If Christer adds them then that is "Fumbbl official". If the NAF add them you get "NAF official". If you are Secret League or anything else you get whatever the commissioner gives you.

You only might want the NAF prefix if the NAF were changing the roster. Which I assume they are not.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

We already have Khorne Demons and Khorne Deamons

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

I can say with perfect 100% conviction that that won't happen. Garion would not want this (and it is his decision after all), nor would anyone else of 'us' at SL.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Great!

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Great!

I guess that you would still be better off with Christer doing it or doing your own.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, but good to know the icons exist Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ready to roll. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I do find the skill access for both teams off... eh.
 Jump to: