36 coaches online • Server time: 15:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which skill for Uaxloq?
+MA
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
+AV
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Diving tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Block
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Other (please specify)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Retire him
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Give him a tasty pie!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

Bram

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2017 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Uaxloq of Blood Pyramids earned his fourth skill and rolled (5,5). What should I do?

Give him (another) + MA?
Give him (another) double skill? Diving tackle perhaps?
Retire him, because this makes no sense (and he suffered -AV)?

Or just ignore the double 5 and give him block? It would be the most sensible thing to do, but perhaps some of you have some examples of great high movement, high strength players? After all, he still has two more rolls to get block and break tackle...
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2017 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

block, then break tackle

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2017 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Since he only has 2 skills to go (reasonably) i would go block. Block/break tackle is better on him then any other combination of skills not involving +str.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2017 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2017 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

NOT Block!

You have a team of blockers but not many sackers. Every other saurus you have has BLOCK!
If you need to pop a ball or take someone down, you have one Frenzy+BT and one tackle +BT.
You don't have someone who stands out as a sacker.

Wressle is what's needed! Yes, wressle isn't the most obvious ST5 combo and with AV8 he isn't the best candidate. But since this is the last player without block, Wressle is be the best choice.

That way, if you need to break a cage you can have a wressle Sauri tackle out the side defender of the cage. You can then put a tackle sauri near the ball carrier and mark other players. If you do this with a Block sauri, Block vs block... both still stand. You need a sacker.

The only other alternatives would be BT now or Juggernaut as this would allow him to move Stand firm players on a blitz. But it's a waste of a doubles IMHO.... Probably better on other players.

get some Wressle into you! Break the cage and free the ball.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2017 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take +MA, then consider Block and Shadowing if he hits legend. MA8 means that he'll stick to almost anything he marks like glue. Being ST5, he'll be difficult to block off anything he marks.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2017 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris already ended this thread
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2017 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
I'd take +MA, then consider Block and Shadowing if he hits legend. MA8 means that he'll stick to almost anything he marks like glue. Being ST5, he'll be difficult to block off anything he marks.

I must admit that would make a formidable Sauri, St5 Mv8 with Shadowing.

But blocking off a ST5 is possible if he doesn't have block or wressle. It's 11/36 close to 1/3. You're also ignoring the need to get BT, without BT this player does not move to mark.

Still interesting to think of what a ST5 MV8 Sauri could do.
Bram

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2017 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm inclined to take the +MA after all. If he lives long enough he'll get block or wrestle and then break tackle or shadowing.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2017 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would go with break tackle; with both St5 and dodge, everything is in place for a great combo.

Then get him block at 76, barring more blessings from nuffle (and even then, I'd probably go with block at that point).

Don't drop the soap.
 Jump to: