37 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Epic_DT

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Fumbbl, long time no see! If my profile is not mistaken, it's been close from 10 years since my last login and match around here, but apparently this game is just too good to pass on! I have fond memories about this community... I have to admit it feels amazing to see that Fumbbl is still up and thriving after all these years.

So I've been lurking on the website and forums for the last few hours and think I got the gist of it (Blackbox matchmaking looks great, the Patron is neat, new LRB have been implemented, Clawpomb is controversial, etc.), but I'm sure I've missed a few pretty huge things.

So, to any veteran out there : how would you sum up the last 10 years of BloodBowl and Fumbbl?

See you soon on the pitch!
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

10 years.. wow. Welcome back. Also since you were last year we've managed to turn Fumbbl into a troll-free place. It's quite unique on the internet!

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back, I sent you a PM with the BB2016 rules change.
Feel free to ask questions. Smile
Epic_DT

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
10 years.. wow. Welcome back. Also since you were last year we've managed to turn Fumbbl into a troll-free place. It's quite unique on the internet!

An impressive feat to say the least. Or is that post a troll to begin with? Very Happy
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Clawpomb was Claw, Piling On, Mighty Blow. it was controversial for killing players and causing anguish and causing a million forum threads

it ended in march this year, Piling On is no longer available so big teams arent as killy
Stevar

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, Seems it is comeback time. Myself I never played on FUMBBL before, I stopped playing end of 2001 .. and I try again some time later.
Prez

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

welcome back

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2017 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.... last ten years...... not enough fish?

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2017 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The last ten years GW Hibernated on Blood Bowl and have now launched the game. The current debate is about is this good or bad!

We now have 2.5 rules sets being used. The old LRB 6.0, the new BB2016 rules and a variety of amalgamations of these in use by leagues and the NAF. FUMBBL is attempting to follow the new rules but has not yet got there on all of them.

Lyracian.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2017 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On removal is good for sure.
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2017 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

there's a custom rosters feature with a number of interesting things being done with it.
one of the most notable things related ot that is Secret League which made a whole host of interesting new rosters for people to play.
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10263
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2017 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if he will read this, though - "Last seen 14 days ago"... Perhaps he's gone again.

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2017 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I also had a long break before coming back in 2012. Not much have changed, just a little last december when BB2016 came out. Search for "Blood Bowl CRP" or "competition rules pack" and refer to MattDakkas documents and you'll be fine. The basics of blocking/dodging/passing/moving/etc are still as they were in 3rd edition.
Stevar

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2017 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the skill description well, those have changed quite a bit.
In short, compared to 3rd edition, the play is less bloody ( MB, piling on, DP, claw, RSF all have changed for the softer.) And look for "expensive mistake rule" it can be annoying if you try saving 140k gold for a RR.
 Jump to: