51 coaches online • Server time: 00:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the 145 League?
The 145 League is a league designed primarily for coaches who are new to either FUMBBL or Blood Bowl, or coaches whose CR is less than 145 and wish to learn the game amongst coaches of a similar level.

A staple of the League is the open round-robin tournament which runs about a month where coaches can arrange the matches casually. These matches are usually arranged in a PM thread or on our discord channel.

The 145 League will also intermittently run tournaments that mimic some of FUMBBL's main tournaments such as Royal Rookie Rumbles and KO tournaments - these help adjust coaches to the intricacies of scheduled matches.

We also provide general advice on team building and development as well as match reviews as needed.

How do I get started?
First, create a team in the League division, then apply them to the 145 Leagues and Tournaments group by clicking the banner below and navigating to the Teams tab. Select your team from the drop down menu and hit Apply for membership. We recommend joining the Official FUMBBL discord Server then the 145 League channel as well.

Last edited by Rbthma on Dec 13, 2018 - 19:57; edited 1 time in total
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2017 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread will be used as communication on the start dates for various 145 League tournaments.

We've just started a new 145 League open round-robin tournament, but there's still some room available, so create a team and apply!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2017 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

We're getting ready to start the 145 League Cup Tournament!

This will be a knockout tournament for League teams of any TV designed to mirror the FUMBBL Cup. As the matches will be scheduled, coaches should be prepared for the tournament to take around a month (or longer) depending on the number of participants and how many rounds they progress. If you can't commit to this, then I would recommend not entering.

If you do wish to participate however then follow these steps:

a) apply the League team you wish to compete with to the 145 Cup. The team cannot be currently in any other tournaments.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Once we've got enough teams we will begin - I'll update here Smile
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2017 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

We'll be ending the 145 League Tournament on Nov 1st, so that means we'll start another shortly thereafter (around Nov 8th). This is an open round-robin tournament for coaches new to BB or to FUMBBL who have a CR of 145 or under though more experienced coaches can apply with stunty teams.

If you're interested in joining, please apply to the link in the first post in this thread, and any questions feel free to PM me or message me on discord (this is best).
Jip

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2017 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Commenting here as a reminder to remember to join!

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2017 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Still going with today as the start date?

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2017 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. We're about ready to start another open-round robin tournament, so get your teams ready. This is of course only open to league teams and the team should be 120 TW or lower

How do I get started?
First, create a team in the League division, then apply them to the 145 Leagues and Tournaments group by clicking the banner below and navigating to the Teams tab. Select your team from the drop down menu and hit Apply for membership. We recommend joining the Official FUMBBL discord Server then the 145 League channel as well.

Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2017 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament is up and running, but we've got plenty of room for late applicants so keep them coming!
FearChaos

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just joined you
Jip

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you do with teams after a season? There are a few of you who have played in the 145 league many more times than I, but don't have many teams in your retired list? Do people just start a team and retire it (presumably 'cos it ends over the TV1200 limit for the next season)?

Also, if it's just TV1200, how are there two (Pink Skinks and Rotten Luck Rovers) in there with over that? I'm sure there's a legit reason, just couldn't figure it out! Very Happy

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious here...

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Har har! Rbthma - you’ve been called out on both your teams! - good spot Jip!

I’m going to sit this season out but congrats to RayM for his late push to win last season!
Also, thank you for running this Rbthma - it is a really excellent place to get started - enjoyable, helpful and friendly!

I’d encourage all the new entrants to get involved and play as many games as you can. If you’re really new you’ll learn something new every game and if you play every game you can you’ll probably even win it all!

I’m going to get started on the new Steel blackbox tourney but will be back for another round of 145 soon!

Cheers!
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

They are training teams. From the PM thread:
"Also note that I will be playing the [145]Rotten Luck Rovers in this tournament for those coaches who want some advice and feedback. They're a team of rotters with soft skills, so let me know if you need some help."
I think we can pretty safely consider the Pink Skinks as a second, stunty team for new coaches to practice against. Smile
datom

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Jip wrote:
What do you do with teams after a season? There are a few of you who have played in the 145 league many more times than I, but don't have many teams in your retired list? Do people just start a team and retire it (presumably 'cos it ends over the TV1200 limit for the next season)?

Also, if it's just TV1200, how are there two (Pink Skinks and Rotten Luck Rovers) in there with over that? I'm sure there's a legit reason, just couldn't figure it out! Very Happy

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious here...

I kept my teams that play in old 145 leagues/cups to use for pickup matches. So someone posts in matchmaking you've played before etc. you can just have a game amongst existing teams.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Pink Skinks were a filler team that has been replaced already- I needed more than the 20 goblin filler teams. The Rotten Luck Rovers are there for coaches who want a training match and will play only on request. They're also a soft skill team with no block or damage skills. The reason for the TV cap is to stop coaches entering high TV teams composed entirely of damage skills.

Are you entering a team or not Jip? Cause I would like this thread to return to what it was created for - announcing the start dates of the various 145 tournaments. If you have other questions PM me, or use discord.
petalwarfare

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So I wanted to enter my Slann team in the current league please.
 Jump to: