50 coaches online • Server time: 16:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Does the team look balanced?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

HeroOfMythra

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey hey! I’m Hero, and I’m here because I’ve made up a team that hopefully isn’t bad.
I’d like some feedback on how it looks/would play, and thoughts on changes that could be made!

Note: while a fresh version of this team is not impossible, due to concepts used I do not believe it is replicatable using fumbbl, so it cannot be properly playtested at higher than 1000 TV, which kind of ruins the whole point of this team but whatever.

The Gist and Rationale
The idea behind this team, and the reason it’s not replicatable via fumbbl, is because It’s players are able to recieve secret weapons (Chainsaw, Bombadier, and Ball & Chain) via skillups. This is to both coincide with the theme of ‘mad inventors creating very illegal weapons to use in blood bowl play’ and also provide an element of managing the amount of secret weapons you have. It is absoloutely possible, albeit highly unlikely, to bring 16 secret weapons onto the pitch. This does, of course, result in your entire team being sent off, and I feel that this balancing act of ‘how many secret weapons can I bring without ruining myself’ gives them an interesting flair.

The apprentices, or linemen, all have the equivalent of stab, due to all having their own pistols which they have built themselves. They are small enough to conceal, and while loud, the deafening clamour caused by the rest of the team drowns them out nicely, allowing them to reliably be kept hidden. Every once in a while, one of these numbskulls will have a breakthrough of their own, and build their own weapon of mass destruction. They grow up so fast.

Engineers, which you can have 4 of, are the only players who recieve secret weapons on a standard roll. This is because of their expertise in building such weapons, and knowledge of how to use them. They recieve strength access due to their working with heavy machinery and lifting of heavy parts. (It also let’s them do something other than carry a secret weapon, because the idea is you don’t want to go overboard)

Repeater pistoleers are Identical to linemen, except they can fire their higher-quality repeater pistols more rapidly. They recieve multi-block to be used in conjunction with their stab equivalent to represent this.

Ballzookas, hereby ‘throwers’ because it’s much easier to type and autocorrect doesn’t hate me with it, are pretty good with picking up the ball and chucking it downfield due to naturally having strong arm, representative of the cannon they use to fire the ball down the pitch, and Hail Mary Pass in the same vein. ‘But Hero!’ You May say, ‘who the fuck are they supposed to pass to?’ Well, my irked reader, that is something you will have to look at the suggested changes for that. BUT, if you would notice, you would see they recieve secret weapons in doubles. This immediately turns them into very, very capable bombardiers. Starting with Hail Mary Pass also makes them into mortars, able to rain hell in the opponent from the end zone. And speaking of which...

Last, but certainly not least, the Steam Tank. The original idea was just a deathroller clone, but I felt those bonehead gears turning in my skull, and I had an idea. Bombs. Hail Mary Pass. Amazing player. Of course, it’s not going to be accurately precision striking bombs into key opposing formations, but the cannonfire can be at least slightly pointed in the opponent’s direction, and he can sit in the middle of as many opponents as he wants, because even if it fails to throw, AV 10 will likely mean the tank remains on the pitch (though it will need repairs, represented by the stand-up roll) and it will potentially take out any opposing players idiotic enough to stand next to a steam tank! This is, of course, very, VERY illegal. But on this team, illegal is not a problem.

The Roster
Nuln Engineer Team
50k Bribes
50k Team Rerolls
Sw access = Secret Weapon.

Apprentice (0-16, 50k, G/ASPSw):
6-3-3-7
Pistol (Identical to Stab)
Cannot take Ball & Chain

Engineer (0-4, 80k, GSSw/AP)
4-3-3-8
Fend, Stand Firm

Repeater Pistoleers (0-2, 70k, G/ASP)
6-3-3-7
Pistol, Multi-Block

Ballzooka (0-2, 70k, GP/ASSw)
6-3-3-7
Strong Arm, Hail Mary Pass
Cannot take Ball & Chain

Steam Tank (0-1, 150k, S/GAP)
2-6-1-10
Loner, Mighty Blow, Clunky(Bonehead), Break Tackle, Bombardier, Strong Arm, Hail Mary Pass, Secret Weapon

PROPOSED CHANGES:

Remove pistols from apprentice
Have 0-4 pistoleers instead

Gear Monkies (0-2, possibly 0-4, price not yet calculated, GA/SP)
7-3-3-7
Diving Catch, Dump Off
These apprentices weren’t quite smart enough to build their own heavy machinery, but boy could they run. Their job was to carry tools to anyone who needed them, and doing that job has rendered them able to run quickly and give the engineers what they need as soon as they need it. (These guys are proposed because those sweet, sweet throwers don’t actually have anyone to throw the ball to, so these players will act as catchers.)

And that’s the team!
Feel free to impart any sage knowledge in my general direction, and feedback is always appreciated towards making this team better!

Last edited by HeroOfMythra on Nov 12, 2017 - 05:46; edited 3 times in total
HeroOfMythra

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey hey! Thanks for getting me to nearly 100 views! Unfortunately, views aren’t great for fully balancing and streamlining this team, so please, do leave any thoughts and suggestions you have right here! Any feedback is appreciated, wether it involves my mother or not
UKMDnick

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

How does Fend Stand Firm work together?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

dogshit? who the fuck? really?

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

UKMDnick wrote:
How does Fend Stand Firm work together?

I’m using BB2’s rules for this team, and while I don’t know how exactly it operates in the FUMBBL client, in BB2 you have the choice to use either of them, or neither. The idea for that was they would have a ‘Fuck off im working here’ attitude, meaning they’d force opponents to leave them alone/not bother them.
HeroOfMythra

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

(They also needed skills to drive up their price because otherwise they’d be stupidly underpriced for the ability to take secret weapons as skills. I still think they’re underpriced, but that’s what that is.)
datom

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

2 multi-block stab for 70k is....well, let's just say I think that's pretty frightening.

This is the SL Engineer team:https://fumbbl.com/help:DwarfEngineerT

Maybe best to use that as a base?
HeroOfMythra

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

datom wrote:
2 multi-block stab for 70k is....well, let's just say I think that's pretty frightening.

This is the SL Engineer team:https://fumbbl.com/help:DwarfEngineerT

Maybe best to use that as a base?

That’s my main issue with this team atm, they seem really underpriced, but technically they’re all perfectly priced for what they are. I could possibly tweak the prices up by 10k on the pistoleers, and possibly the engineers as well.

EDIT: Terrifying if you’re an amazon or a Norseman, maybe, or possibly a filthy elf

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, nah. While I have used that team as a guideline for some of the players (Namely the ballzookas) This team’s idea is fundamentally different, in that they don’t start with any non-Tank secret weapons. They have to be picked up via levels. Also, they’re humans. Not dwarves.
HeroOfMythra

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2017 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I’ve been told that there are better places to put this thread. Where would it be better to go?
kummo

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2017 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

That is not doable in open-ladder kind of environment but you could techinally do that in custom private league.

Just shut the skilling from gained spp but still count spp. When someone skills, they will have to contact league admin (or have rights to ruleset) and then admin changes skills and prices for that one player.

I'd say try to have 1 admins/skill contributors per 8 teams minimum if you are gonna create a league around this team. But just you know: it IS possible to run team like that in fumbbl.

Edit:

Also you will have to create (or re-create) this roster to everyone who joins in that league. Not only that, you will have to create multiple copies of same position. For instance you will have to create Repeater Pistoleer1 and Repeater Pistoleer2.. and 4 engineers.

This is because when someone skills you aren't adding skills to player - you are changing skills for the roster. So if you change "Pistoleers" skill, then every "pistoleer" will get that same skill.. to avoid that you have to have them separate. Your team has 25 positionals total per "roster" (team).. (in case someone goes all-lineman you need 16 of those).

It is a lot of work and i wouldn't suggest running league like that alone.
HeroOfMythra

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, there hasn’t been much constructive feedback yet! I’d really like some of that!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest trying the team out live vs. an opponent you'll learn more about why it's not a good roster that way- I mean what exactly do you want people to comment on? Or do you expect everyone else to playtest it for you and give you their feedback...no thanks.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the concept of being able to add Secret Weapons with skill-ups. As someone mentioned already, the repeat pistoleers are just too good. Stab and Multi Block are simply too powerful together, no matter what any costing guideline tells you. Take out Multi Block or add Secret Weapon.
AutoAxpert

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Needs some tweaking, but there's a good idea in there. Here are some ideas.

1)I like the idea of having SW on skill rolls, but I would limit it a lot more (maybe only on Engineers). Both the two SW-wielding guys should not be able to add even more stuff to their arsenal.
2)Blanket stab is one of those things that looks too strong in theory but might be not that great in practice. Definitely needs testing.
3)Can't see a scenario where anyone would take B&C on a roll.
4)Re-rolls are too cheap, I'd make them 60k at the very least.
5)The two weapons need SW, they are too cumbersome and big to be just hidden away like a knife or a small gun. Also, the repeater might be underpriced in the current state.
6)The Steam Tank should be closer to a Deathroller, IMO. So, No Hands, Stand Firm, Jugg, ST7. Don't know if Bomb/No Hands has any strange interaction in the client. As it is, it's an overpriced version of the already overpriced Deathroller.

Personally, I would go:

0-16 Apprentice 6337 G ASP 40k
0-4 Engineers 6338 GS APSw Stab 60k
0-1 Repeater 6338 G APS Stab, Multiblock, Secret Weapon 80k
0-1 Ballzooka 6337 GP AS Strong Arm, Hail Mary, (SW) 60k
0-1 Steam Tank 27110 S GAP Loner, Mighty Blow, Bone Head, Break Tackle, Bombardier, HMP, Strong Arm, Stand Firm, No Hands, Juggernaut, Secret Weapon 160k

EDIT: RR 60k, Cheap bribes as before (or SW rolls)

EDIT the second: Engineers might be better with GSw ASP skills, as the dreaded Multi-Block/Stab combo becomes too easy otherwise, while too many saws are not that great. Alternatively, a site-friendly version with M on doubles, to mimic little gadgets that they add to their equipment rather than big weapons.

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
 Jump to: