73 coaches online • Server time: 21:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UKMDnick

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This guy, on this team. Failed to roll the double that I had my fingers crossed for. Now I'm humble-bragging that I don't know what to give him.

Block? Already has Wrestle. Pro? Meh. Sure Hands? Got that covered.

Please help a duffer out, what would you take?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Sure Hands (to retrieve the ball in tackle zones) or Frenzy (to maximize the chances of knocking down).

Last edited by MattDakka on Nov 10, 2017 - 23:27; edited 1 time in total
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2017 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Block
Thay way he stays up when you want him up, and isn't juggernaut bait
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 02:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This guy has a really high aguility, AG 5 is fantastic for throwing the ball, leaping , picking up the ball in many tacklezones, dodging and intercepting the ball.

I must admit when I was a rookie bloodbowl coach, I would habe given him pass block for sure, just for the opportunity of intercepting a thrown ball with a 50 % Chacne.

Unfortunenately, here on fumbbl the ball is rarely thrown, even by teams made for this like elves and vampores, so this might be a lost skill.

All skills mentioned before are good, but just tell me how do you use him? Wrestke, tackle and strip ball make him a perfect sacker. Skills for doing an even better job here might be pro (free 50% reroll), frenzy (second block) or dauntless (equal dice against stronger Ballcarriers.

Strip ball might be good to pick up the freed ball, catch gives you a second chance to catch a scattering ball.
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops, sorry I meant sure hands not strip ball (you already got this).
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go with dauntless. You have no way of dealing with high strength players. S4 ball carriers are not unheard of.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If the opponent has ST 4 ball carrier, he will probably protect him with at least 2 Guards.
At that point you roll a -2d block anyway, and Frenzy is the best skill to increase the knockdown chance.
Also, Dauntless is wasted vs ST 3 opponents, while Frenzy is rarely a wasted skill.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless looks amazing and so does Sure Hands. Frenzy would be my third choice.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless or SureHands. Think about your reroll situation. If you lack rerolls at the end of games, then go SureHands. If you have some spare most of the time, then go with Dauntless.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

He has no dodge or leap, so he probably rolls a lot of dice and eats a lot of rrs. I think i would go with pro. Dauntless close second. Not frenzy as it makes him a liability in many ways.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the suggestions folks Smile

NickNutria wrote:

All skills mentioned before are good, but just tell me how do you use him? Wrestke, tackle and strip ball make him a perfect sacker. Skills for doing an even better job here might be pro (free 50% reroll), frenzy (second block) or dauntless (equal dice against stronger Ballcarriers.

He tends to get used as a ball-hunter/sacker on defence and a receiver/play-maker on offence.

I'm finding frenzy difficult to manage already with it on a str4 guy, so I feel like ill stay away from it.
Dauntless seems situational, and I fear wouldn't get used enough to warrant it, he already has strip ball which often goes for games without being usefull.

I'm leaning towards Pro as he tends to chew up the teams RR's and he seems likely to require the benefit of multiple RR's a turn.
tmoila

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy for obvious sacking and surfing plays.

And because he has ag5, also for all the non-obvious.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 19:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy is a negatrait. If you pick it then build your entire team around supporting it.

I'd be taking dauntless. But then i'm no pro junky. Pro has its merits here too though.

Jump to: