40 coaches online • Server time: 16:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Elves team to pick
Dark Elves
48%
 48%  [ 18 ]
Elf Team
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
High Elves
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 37

bates

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

Normally in a fortnight time I will finish my first ever season of my local league.
So far I played Skaven, which turned out not that well.

It's soo much fun playing them but at least one MNG per game, most of my developed players don't last that long and sometimes the basics don't work out neither. It's a steep learning curve but I'm still very motivated.

For the new season kicking off early January I was thinking of playing with Elves. They are agile and tend to have a bit more AV.

But which of the Elves teams would you advice. I tend to play a hard hitting game (orcs) with a fragile team. Personally woodies or Darkies look cool. but what's the difference in playmaking between all Elves teams.
Thnx
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark elves are the most beginner friendly team. They have decent armor and 4 blitzers with block. Witch elves are also very nice positionals when developed. Take one with wrestle and the other with block. Pro elves have good cathcers if you are in to passing. High elves are also a good choice if you like bashing. They have good armour but they have only 2 blitzers as do the pro elves.

I think dark elves are the best team out of the 3.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! If you like a hitting game play Dark Elves.
They can have 4-6 Blodgers relatively fast, and 4 Block players provide blocking reliability.

Dark Elves tend to play a running game with more blocking involved and they are the slowest of the Elf teams, while High Elves have the best Thrower of the four teams, so their passing game is better, although they generally don't need to pass the ball, because can use their Catchers as runners.
Both teams are the most armoured of the 4 Elf teams.
Elven Union have the best Catchers but most of team has AV 7, while Wood Elves are the best of the 4 teams, with Blodge Wardancers able to leap into cages since game 1, Catchers that can easily become one turners, and 1 Treeman to soak LOS hits, every Lineman is a potential scorer/runner due to MA 7, the fastest of the 4 Elf teams.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 16:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Answer is Dark Elves.

DE have 4 block blitzers, nice positionals and choice (Witches are best, runners and assassins less good but fun). they tend to play a brawling running game and can 'stay' well with base to base contact with all bar the most bashy teams.

Wood Elves are fragile but exceptional cage breakers, with awesome but fragile dancers and weak fast catchers. They have pace all over, but av7 means they dont 'stay' well and need to be very postional and dodge out a lot. They win the most, but die like flies.

High Elves are mainly played for their cool catchers, The team is like DE without the toys, and with 4 av7 fast catchers. the thrower is good but mostly they are a hybrid team of running and passing. With the catchers often used as very fast aggressive players and the av8 standard elves holding the line and getting some hits in.

Pro Elves, or whatever they are called now, are the cheap, suicide squad concept elves. Slow (for elves) and weak armour. slightly cheaper, but with catchers you really cannot stop if played well. The glass cannon of the elves.

DE definitely easiest to learn with and on. Woodies for wins at risk, HE for coolness and style, pro elves for frustration and much death.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2017 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The Pro Elves are good because they can afford a reserve, thus have higher chance to field 11 for 2nd drive, and might foul some opponents. I would not bother with the catcher...

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The Catcher can score 1TTD, though, and any stat increase is great on him.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing much to add after the first three comments. Perhaps this algorithm:

Like Frenzeh? Take DEs.

Leap? Take WEs.

But if Safe Throw is your thing, go for HEs.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you suffer too many key losses with skaven - never go wood elves or pro elves because it will be worse. High or dark are both good. Depends if you want to be good or evil.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
If you suffer too many key losses with skaven - never go wood elves or pro elves because it will be worse. High or dark are both good. Depends if you want to be good or evil.

Well, elven linos dodge better than skaven linos. So they might face less attrition, but may eat up more rerolls in the process.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m a bit skeptic all that Dark elves are the easiest to use. Lacking cage breakers and frenzy not being straightforward. If the blitzers get doubles they are great.But whichever one you choose -using Orc style methods with a lot of marking up opposition and slow advance will be tough.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, you should adjust your style of play depending on the team you are using, or stick with teams that frelefct your playing style... If you play elves, even dark ones, avoid giving away unnecessary blocks, unless you are strategically pressing. Even then, do so carefully. I.e. don't follow up blocks if you didn't pow. Try to have as few of your players in contact with opponent at end of turn...

Oscar Wilde
bates

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to do that already. But the more senior players go for every block they can do do optimize their changes of skill ups.
Anyway, a bit of mongrel in my new team will only benefit me Smile
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

is there any reason why you didn't list wood elves? It's a very easy to win team since everyone is a good ball-handler and fast.

If what you're looking for is sturdiness, DE are your team.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I did list it up but apparently I didn't make the cut. I'm open for woodies as well, but I have no experience playing any type of Elves team nor elves in general ( random tabletop games)
kummo

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:

I agree with everything but the last sentence. "Good" or "evil" don't matter in blood bowl where everyone are equally evil to begin with.

Instead it matters if you want to start with ma8 (with 2 block) or with slower team but more skills towards blodge (4 block or 3 block and one dodge).
 Jump to: