29 coaches online • Server time: 09:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2017 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Double is not worth it. MA9 is awesome but consider that if you take it, you can take Block and Sure Hands and then nothing until Legend. So the question isn't really MA9 over Guard (you don't want Guard on this player anyway), the question is, MA9 over Side Step or Leap. Still a close call but I think Leap is best on an AG4 Ball Carrier, out of these three. And I wouldn't wait for Legend to take it, either. Just my 2 cents.

On the 3 vs. 4 Ghouls, I've been running an Undead team with 3 Ghouls not so much because of TV management but because I actually like having the Zombies on the pitch. On defence I only field 2 Ghouls even.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2017 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
If you develop ghouls do they become ghoulies? Ok seriously - ballhandler and sacker are both valid builds for +AG, but the latter probably won't live very long. That doesn't mean you shouldn't build one though - while on the pitch he'll be great, and no player lives forever. I would also go for at least three ghouls, and with four they blodge up easily and quickly give you a good running game. However there is an argument that four ghouls become too exposed at high TV...

My argument against 4 ghouls is that vs a bash team you can protect maybe 5 players on the kick off. Having 3 or worst case 4 ghouls on the field in defense means you are exposing your mummies and sights. I would say kick off blitzes always result in a ko of an exposed skill positional in my experience lol.
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2017 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Always MA on ghouls, especially Undead ones, always.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2017 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
.. the question isn't really MA9 over Guard (you don't want Guard on this player anyway), the question is, MA9 over Side Step or Leap. Still a close call but I think Leap is best on an AG4 Ball Carrier, out of these three. And I wouldn't wait for Legend to take it, either. Just my 2 cents...

Personally I’m not a big fan of leap for an ag4 carrier who is so valuable when there are other options like move 9 available. I lost my 2nd agility 4 ghoul recently and it really removes a big bonus for an undead side. 3+ leaping can kill it. Ag5 would be another thing with the 2+ leap.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2017 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers - interesting discussion about how many ghouls. Plenty to think about. Nice views on side step/leap too. I'll take MA, fire the skeleton, and see how things play out as the team progresses regarding ghoul numbers. Thanks for all your input, much appreciated.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2017 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

At higher TVs, I can see running 4 ghouls. Most of the time, though, I want 14 men, and I want them so I can foul. I'm not gonna foul with a ghoul if I can foul with a zombie or skeleton. Also, I like to run one Skelly, which brings my average AV down, and worse, brings down the AV of my 5th worst AV player, a guy I can't protect. So for me, it's 3 ghouls on the pitch most drives. Also, at 1M gold, the convenient 11-man build has room for 3 ghouls only, and besides ghouls are fragile.

But when you get 3 developed ghouls and a TV over 1650-1750, then it makes some sense to go for #4 I guess. Even in a TV-matching format. Certainly, ghoul #4 is de rigeur in the NBFL. You'd be crazy not to run max positionals there. So Goo is right that format and conditions really matter. But that's always true of slightly-bloaty position pieces.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2017 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

General advice:
1. Hire ghoul
2. Take core skills (Wrestle or Block first, then it depends like SideStep, DivingTackle, Tackle, SureHands)
3. Sploosh
4. Repeat
I usually run with 3 ghouls and 2 on the pitch, but if i badly need to do something about a drive, then i field all of them. One of them is usually developmental anyway, so it feels natural to hire one more than you field on a normal drive.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2017 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for input. I've yet to skill up any zombies so no dirty player. I do think it will be useful though so might run 14 players when I do (13 at present). bghandras - I have two ghouls who have rolled nothing but +MA and +AG in 4 rolls so I'm going to try and keep them alive as long as I can! This is why I like my -MA blodge ghoul: he can mark when players break through Smile
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2017 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ma9 on your main ball carrier is amazing, take it every time. It also gives you a genuine ottd threat. Which is also amazing. Just remember to score with your weights from time to time as well. Those guys are critical to a strong undead team.
 Jump to: