39 coaches online • Server time: 14:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Evening all,

So just before Xmas some friends and I have decided to play another TT resurrection tournement, I used Skaven last time but now want to give my UW a go.

Rules: 1,100,000 gps for team build plus a further 200 TV for skills (No stat increases, no more than two doubles). No more than two skills per player. One star player can be bought per team, stunties can hire no more than two.

My team build is as follows:

New Gork Giant Ratz
Skitter Stab-Stab
Troll - Block, Guard
Blitzer - MB, Claw
Blitzer - MB, Claw
Thrower - Leader
Thrower
Linerat - Wrestle
Goblin - Guard
7 x Goblins
2 x RR
Total: 1,100,000 gps

Strengths; I've a deep bench with 15 players. Should be ok with against bashers with 2 guard and two heavy hitting blitzers plus I've two ways to deal with blodgers with wrestle and stab. Also having Skitter gives me an alternate way to OTTD (arguably more effective than trying a TTM).

Weaknesses; I'm not maximising my full complement of Str3 players and with no apo I cant reverse a KO or early injury, plus it's UW! Shocked Very Happy

Would greatly appreciate any advice, thank you!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

guard on str2? no tackle?
Cerberus85

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard on the gobbo for maneuverability with stunty and hopefully dodge may allow him to survive the subsequent hit - shouldn't be too much tackle about at this low TV.

Yeah I get your point about no tackle but that is offset to an extent by wrestle and stab - though the later is never a guarantee.
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard + Tents on the troll.
Wrestle + Two Heads on the linerat, gotta get there to use it.
Big Hand + Two Heads goblin, that's your game winner.
MB + Claw one blitzer only, look after him.
Guard the other blitzer.

Other option: Guard + Two Heads gob and Horns + Two Head gob, ST 4 blitz anything, but you still want the Big Hand + Two Heads gob for the recovery, and probably a Claw + MB blitzer, so just a Guard troll from there, or skip the Blitzer for a Guard + Tents troll and Leader Thrower, as rookie Blitzers are OK in low TV stuff and you're not playing to pitch clear anyway.

Skitter's good on AV 7 blodge, Shadowing Tail is nice too, but try to match him with a Guard so he doesn't go out too easy.

I think you're better with more RRs and less Gobs, they're a pretty sturdy team if you dodge out all day and minimise contact with good screening, protect the rats with the gobs, works OK. Guard on the troll is essential for clearing him to move the Tents, and do use a Tents troll.

Edit: and yes, mostly ignore doubles on Unders, unless you want a blodge + two head blitzer or guard + two head gob. Use the mutations, they're better, and there's an extra skill in it for you somewhere. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2018 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

Apologies but RL has had me away for a period of time (wife pregnant etc) and I completely forgot about this thread.

Ive been playing TT with friends as and when, trying out various combos for a "competitive" UW Tourny team. Sticking with the 110000Gps and 150TV for skills most Tournys run Ive had some strong showings with the following build:

Skitter Stab-Stab
Troll - Guard, Tents
Blitzer - Horns
Blitzer - Tackle
Thrower
Linerat
Goblin - Horns, Wrestle
Goblin - Big Hand
6 x Goblins
3 x RR

Str:
-Deep bench
-Solid coverage of skills
-Can recover a downed ball reasonably well
-Wrestle Gobbo is a pain
-Two options for a TTM attempt
-Even with Loner using Skittar as a GR gives multiple options
-Gobbos are surprisingly resiliant (unless vs Dwarves)

Weakness:
-3+ Dodges
-No apo
-Animosity
-Av 9

Appreciate any outside thoughts on this as whilst Ive a fair few games with UW my TT experiance and varying friend skill level is somewhat limited, Cheers!!!