44 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill choice for Crucible
Dodge
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Jump Up
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Sidestep
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Guard
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 30

charlie1331

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This player on this team vaulted into the ranks of Legends last night with a 5 casualty game. One was on a failed surf, it was sweet. He's also my very first legend in all my games of BB, here and TT. Not sure what that says about me as a coach, probably something about a lack of commitment.

Anyway, he rolled doubles, so...? Dodge is an obvious protection option, JU for the synergy with DT. I'm not in love with DT, kind of regret taking that with my 1st double. There is a secret part of me that is whispering sidestep in my ear and I'm not ignoring that completely.

Also with the injuries to my other 2 Warriors they very well may become cap casualties at the end of the year so replacing their guard is a thought.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't go JU since PO is out of the game. If you use DT they should be right next to you anyway. The others are valid choices.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Either Guard, Dodge or Side Step/Stand Firm.
I would take Guard and yes, taking Diving Tackle as first double was a bad choice, Dodge would have been better.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

There is always Sneaky Git.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI, I'm only giving half credibility to responses from rival NWFL coaches

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep...Stand firm and guard arent necesarily as good if you're diving anyways
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

A Side Stepper can be moved away from a ball carrier, for example, by occupying the possible side stepping-squares with ball carrier's team mates.
This is why I suggested Stand Firm too.
That said, Guard is a higher priority skill on a bash team, otherwise I would have suggested Prehensile Tail too for the synergy with Diving Tackle and Tackle (assuming there are many agile teams in the league).
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I would estimate that Bash vs Ag team distribution in the league is close to 60/40 respectively. My division however is CD, CD, WE, and me. The added bonus i was considering with SS is that it allows me to move my disturbing presence around for free. Yes, you can force a stepper to where you want, but only by committing several players. That frees up the rest of my team to come crashing down on the point of attack. Usually....Smile

Crucible doesn't often get close to the BC, usually stuck in the trenches or taking blitzes on unguarded value targets.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

charlie1331 wrote:

Then go against Suth's better judgement and take Jump Up.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
charlie1331 wrote:

Then go against Suth's better judgement and take Jump Up.

*hesrightyouknow.jpg*
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

charlie1331 wrote:
I would estimate that Bash vs Ag team distribution in the league is close to 60/40 respectively. My division however is CD, CD, WE, and me.

Guard confirmed.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Having 2 jump up/DT boaters on my nurgle team, I can say it's an invaluable combo for keeping up with faster teams. You get +3 MA from the ground, which ous huge

If you have any kinds of tentacle support other than your BON then you can effectively lock down weaker opponrnts with disturbing regularity.

Watch my Nurgle trams last few matches I the FC. Never would have advanced as fast as I did again all those elves without
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I know what I'd take...

NWFL though, so clearly nerves of steel is the correct answer.
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DT is great, remember to count the times players have not moved away from your guy for fear of a turnover.

Ok, your team does not need more guard. Guard is good to have but you have it on two of these guys.

Also SS/SF is useful, but you are already blocking a Block+Disturbing presence ST4 player. Sure you could face a Jugs+Wressle breaker, so I could see how Side step would be particularly useful (and better then SF as it works with Jugs).

My guess is your big problem is movement. Here you have a MV4 player that is used as a trapper. All I have to do to ensure your trapper is out of action is move a player near them.
So I would go Break tackle OR sure feet. Either of those skills will get this player near their blocking targets. Sure feet moves the player when no one is near them.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2017 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
I wouldn't go JU since PO is out of the game. If you use DT they should be right next to you anyway. The others are valid choices.

Ive such a claw mb jump up diving tackle block Bloater and once in a while he causes random turnovers. It is a good thing to be able to get a 3+ free blitz when knocked down, especially against teams relying on strength. Still many times he missed Tackle and Guard and Tentacles seem to me the better choice than Diving Tackle.

Since he has chosen already Diving Tackle Jump Up is the skill to take.
 Jump to: