45 coaches online • Server time: 11:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stevealmost

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I have a decision to make. My AG4 blodge ghoul just leveled and rolled double 3.

I have been using a roster with only one ghoul so far and he is my main ball carrier. I'm toying with the idea of giving him guard because I rolled doubles but that would mean I would put him in tackle zones which I don't like.

What do you think, ignore the doubles and take sure hands or sidestep?

Thanks
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
Guard or Leader if you want to use the double (I'd take Guard).
As normal, take Sure Hands.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass or leader if you have to use the double.

If not, consider leap or side step
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass or NoS are both interesting doubles.

Oscar Wilde
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a Cyanide team? Guard is worth considering but sidestep or surehands is very good for ghoul carriers. Guard is of use to help him be blitzed free or for giving a little help in defence.
I suppose if you had an ag4 Wolf then pass could be useful.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want him in tacklezones, then giving him guard seems a really bad idea.
Yet if you want to win the bashwar, Giving him guard seems like a great idea.

None of this helps the player be a ball carrier. Unless guard massively helps your team win that bash war... but I doubt it, you should have a stack of guard on your skeletons.
Where it does help is that your Ghoul can assist a wolf in attacking something...

+mv, fend, sure hands, side step etc helps it carry the ball. Catch, NOS and pass helps it move the ball.

You have 1 ghoul. Guard does not help it be a ball carrier at all.
kummo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For undead and necro i'd like to always get extra ghoul after one rolls guard. For undead i like 2-3 ghouls and only get to 4 if 1-2 rolls doubles for guard. For necro 0-1 ghoul normally unless that one i might happen to have rolls doubles.

Same for woodies or slann: i usually run only one catcher (at least early on or 2 if one develops into oneturning i'd like to sit on defensive drives) but if one rolls guard i'd like to get one extra to do the actual carrying/scoring threat thingy.

If i were you i'd pick guard for that ag4 ghoul and would buy 2nd ghoul for carrying
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:

You have 1 ghoul. Guard does not help it be a ball carrier at all.

Guard allows the ball carrier to give assists around him when he's marked (and since he's a ball carrier he's going to get marked, sooner or later), the classical situation is when the cage/screen has been attacked.
Guard doesn't mean that you have to mark opponent players for the whole game, but just in some important turns.
Stevar

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Is this a Cyanide team? Guard is worth considering but sidestep or surehands is very good for ghoul carriers. Guard is of use to help him be blitzed free or for giving a little help in defence.

In that case, accurate or strong arm might be better than pass.
you can use a regular RR instead of pass, but nothing gives you the +1 for accurate.

Check previous games, was he in a position in which guard would have helped at anytime?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no need to check previous games to know that Guard is a good choice.
By the way Accurate is better than Strong Arm, although I'm not suggesting to take it on the Ghoul.
delusional

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Stevar wrote:
garyt1 wrote:

In that case, accurate or strong arm might be better than pass.
you can use a regular RR instead of pass, but nothing gives you the +1 for accurate.

Check previous games, was he in a position in which guard would have helped at anytime?

It's for these reasons that Diving catch can be a better choice then Catch. (ok only on accurate passes, but with ghouls and others... Catches are still pretty hard).
A catch of the ball is often worth a reroll.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is delusional someone's joke account for posting bad advice? Wink