59 coaches online • Server time: 22:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stevealmost

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I have a decision to make. My AG4 blodge ghoul just leveled and rolled double 3.

I have been using a roster with only one ghoul so far and he is my main ball carrier. I'm toying with the idea of giving him guard because I rolled doubles but that would mean I would put him in tackle zones which I don't like.

What do you think, ignore the doubles and take sure hands or sidestep?

Thanks
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
Guard or Leader if you want to use the double (I'd take Guard).
As normal, take Sure Hands.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass or leader if you have to use the double.

If not, consider leap or side step
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass or NoS are both interesting doubles.

Oscar Wilde
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this a Cyanide team? Guard is worth considering but sidestep or surehands is very good for ghoul carriers. Guard is of use to help him be blitzed free or for giving a little help in defence.
I suppose if you had an ag4 Wolf then pass could be useful.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't want him in tacklezones, then giving him guard seems a really bad idea.
Yet if you want to win the bashwar, Giving him guard seems like a great idea.

None of this helps the player be a ball carrier. Unless guard massively helps your team win that bash war... but I doubt it, you should have a stack of guard on your skeletons.
Where it does help is that your Ghoul can assist a wolf in attacking something...

+mv, fend, sure hands, side step etc helps it carry the ball. Catch, NOS and pass helps it move the ball.

You have 1 ghoul. Guard does not help it be a ball carrier at all.
kummo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For undead and necro i'd like to always get extra ghoul after one rolls guard. For undead i like 2-3 ghouls and only get to 4 if 1-2 rolls doubles for guard. For necro 0-1 ghoul normally unless that one i might happen to have rolls doubles.

Same for woodies or slann: i usually run only one catcher (at least early on or 2 if one develops into oneturning i'd like to sit on defensive drives) but if one rolls guard i'd like to get one extra to do the actual carrying/scoring threat thingy.

If i were you i'd pick guard for that ag4 ghoul and would buy 2nd ghoul for carrying
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:

You have 1 ghoul. Guard does not help it be a ball carrier at all.

Guard allows the ball carrier to give assists around him when he's marked (and since he's a ball carrier he's going to get marked, sooner or later), the classical situation is when the cage/screen has been attacked.
Guard doesn't mean that you have to mark opponent players for the whole game, but just in some important turns.
Stevar

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Is this a Cyanide team? Guard is worth considering but sidestep or surehands is very good for ghoul carriers. Guard is of use to help him be blitzed free or for giving a little help in defence.

In that case, accurate or strong arm might be better than pass.
you can use a regular RR instead of pass, but nothing gives you the +1 for accurate.

Check previous games, was he in a position in which guard would have helped at anytime?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2017 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no need to check previous games to know that Guard is a good choice.
By the way Accurate is better than Strong Arm, although I'm not suggesting to take it on the Ghoul.
delusional

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Stevar wrote:
garyt1 wrote:

In that case, accurate or strong arm might be better than pass.
you can use a regular RR instead of pass, but nothing gives you the +1 for accurate.

Check previous games, was he in a position in which guard would have helped at anytime?

It's for these reasons that Diving catch can be a better choice then Catch. (ok only on accurate passes, but with ghouls and others... Catches are still pretty hard).
A catch of the ball is often worth a reroll.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is delusional someone's joke account for posting bad advice? Wink