35 coaches online • Server time: 01:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bates

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Witch now has wrestle and dodge. Countdown has stared
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

bates wrote:
Witch now has wrestle and dodge. Countdown has stared

The Witch already had Dodge. So if you wanted to give her 2 skills I would pick from Tackle, Jump Up or Side Step.
Remember that Jump Up allows her to BLOCK from the PRONE position (if she rolls a 2+ (or is it 3+)) AND to use her full movement from the prone position. And (in my opinion at least) Jump Up combines well with Wrestle.

Just remember that your Witch and your Runner are major targets for FOULS if you leave them prone with no supporting players around to protect them.

Side Step combines well with Frenzy of you are going to trying pushing opponents into the crowd. And Tackle has been discussed in other posts.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

With gets JU too anyway.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2017 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you give the Runner Leader you might consider going with just one Team RR. It's not ideal but with those rules you'll always have to lose somewhere with Dark Elves.

2x Witch 220k
3x Blitzer 300k
1x Runner 80k
5x Lineman 350k
1x Reroll 50k

That's 1000k. I'd take 1 Block 1 Wrestle on the Witches, Leader on the Runner, and either 2x Dodge on Blitzers (max Blodge) or 1x Guard on a Blitzer.
bates

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Update on the game against the UW.
My opponent, who I rate highly, tends to pull the underdog card.
Anyway, I won the FF, so an additional RR for.
My team consisted out of 5 linemen, 1 runner, 3 blitzes and 2 witches. as well of normal RR.

I lost the toss and ended up defending. As UW are a lower tier team then DE my opponent gave him self a 6 extra skill.

I tried to optimize my blitzes and blocks but the dice and his dodgy gobbo’s gave me a hard time.
He finally managed to score, throw teammate in the 7th turn.

In the second half I did my throw and rush game, yes I’m a skaven coach who likes to push boundaries and I draw the score via a long bomb.

Due to bad luck I gave away a throwback and even after doing a dodge into 5 tackle zones and going for the blitz I could get the gobbo down.

In his last turn he scored by dodging a lot.
Interesting game, I do need to have a look at the skills of UW and how to apply them.

But still need to figure out how to play Elves.

I tend to do the passing game, as the AG allows it but the speed is lacking tho.
The high AV, fair enough.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a fun game. Not that many games feature both long bombs and ttms. Though as delightful the passing strategy can be, it will lose you games.

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

UW got 6 bonus skills because of the tier?? that's massive
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to get an idea of how to play Dark Elves in an NAF-style tourney, you can find a wealth of matches from pretty strong coaches in the NAF Online Tourneys on this site:

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=9298&p=tournaments
delusional

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2017 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

bates wrote:
HI guys,
My opponent will field an Underworld team.

Basically the TV is 1000K + 100K on skills ( 4 normal skills and 1 double)

I have the following figurines in my team:
6 linemen
2 witches
1 blitzer
1 Horkon starplayer
1 thrower and 1 hubris on the way.
Cheers

I am so confused by all this.
So you have 1000K +100K on skills. Did you get Horkon thrown into the 1000k.. if so WOW. Also Hubris... Wow...

Anyway 4 normal skills and a double.
Are you just versing Underworld or have to play in a Comp?

Vs underworld (alone)... You will have FUN!
Blitzer +tackle + Mighty blow (or shadowing... have some fun)
Witch elf +wressle
Witch elf +block
Lineman +tackle.

If you wanted to do something weird. Take MB off the blitzer, change the wressle WE to Jugs. Jugs + Leap or Jugs + strip ball against st2 will make it very hard for the opponent to hold the ball.

Comp (ie where you could face any team).
Blitzer + tackle + dodge
Witch elf +wressle
Witch elf + block.
Lineman + guard + dodge.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
UW got 6 bonus skills because of the tier?? that's massive

I think he meant that they get 6 normal and a double, instead of 4 normal and a double that the Delves get.

100k is not really 4 normals and a double either, that is 110k, but nevermind.

Re:-Delusional. The poster's first post puts his figures available. Not that the star is in the lineup..
Suggesting 2 skills on a lino is also odd.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the vague previous post(s)
For the team that I fielded I proxied some star players and used them as blitzers.
I received an incomplete team of DE so I’m still looking for some positional to go full strength.

The TV was 1100 K excluding 5 extra skills ( 4 norma skills and 1 special skill).
As the UW team was lower tier my opponent gave him self an additional skill, even thou he confirmed
before that he would only take 5.

Lessons learned. Put up every player if possible, his team fouled nearly every turn, if given the occasion.
I did focus to much on his big guy and the gobby’s and neglected the Skaven players.

He only reminded the really stupid skill in the 7th turn of the second half, so some of his actions weren’t legimited.
But after all it was a friendly trial game.

My next game is against Lizardmen
TV is 1100K each + we need to roll the dice to add 5 additional skills.

I beat Lizardmen before with skaven, but I don’t really know how to play DE any tips or pointers to take into consideration?
Cheers.
 Jump to: