32 coaches online • Server time: 10:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2017 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies, gentlemen and undecideds.

I have set up a blog for the NBFL and NCBB and am looking for contributors. Also looking to resurrect the ESBN Group. Trying to bump up the fluff and work on the stats, analysis, previews and all the other stuff.

Feel free to contribute what you want, when you want! Hopefully we can get some regulars though! PM me if you have any contributions or want to get involved.

Have a sneak peek right here!

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2017 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

New post up! The awards season continues...

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/08/nbfl-stat-attack-the-passers/

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2017 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

AFC Playoff Preview

1. Cincinnati Bludgeoneers - What a season, finished 11-2-1 which puts them as the top team this year in the NBFL. They've got a huge veteran presence in the locker room with 5 players over 76 SPP, a coach that knows what he's doing with the team and has been battle tested over the season.

2. New York Wrecks - Another phenomenal season turned in by the Wrecks - they went undefeated! The crafty goats just found ways to avoid losing time and time again with Broadway Joe being the glue while the rest of the team grows up. Finishing out the season 9-5-0 they have a rightful claim to being the best team in the league this year even if they did finish a few points behind Cincy.

3. Denvork Bronkorks - The defending champ has their work cut out for them this playoff season. They did a solid job winning their conference outright this season and retained the services of many of last years top performers including the infamous J Anderson, two time CAS leader in back to back seasons. First game in the playoffs is against Ball Fellow Thrills which went on a huge winning tear in the back half of the season. Should be an epic showdown to see who moves on to the next round.

4. Indianapolis Crypts - While they weren't the first selection for the playoffs, due to a black magic mishap, Houstovania is without a team, coach and stadium. They sneak in the back door with slightly worse record than Houstovania but if we've learned anything over the years, their coach MrNomad's luck seems to be proportional to the lamentations of how bad his team is. Wink

5. Blitzburgh Seers - You know em, you love em, they're the rats that keep you awake and trembling at night. Although they couldn't topple Cincy to win the division, they put in a great season once again to find a playoff berth and if you've learned anything about the Seers, anything can happen in the playoffs for them. They'll be matched against The Crypts in the wildcard round so you have to like their chances to at least make it to the next round if not further.

6. Ball Fellow Thrills. After stubbing their toe early in the season, they settled into a slipstream of complete domination during the back half of the schedule. Not only are these Wood Elves executing with surgical precision, they've accumulated a huge skilled team over the course of the season making them one of the highest TV teams in the playoffs - and they're not even close to tapping out their development. Even though they're the sixth seed, they're probably the most dangerous team out there at the moment. Even if they lose in the playoffs this time around, next season should be a nightmare for whoever faces off against them.

Predictions:

Wildcard Winners: Blitzburgh Seers and Ball Fellow Thrills.
Divisional Winners: Cincinnati Bludgeoneers and New York Wrecks.
AFC Conference Winner: New York Wrecks.

I can't explain why exactly, but I do feel like the 'Gramercy Goats' are going to be the last one standing in the AFC. The combo of versatility, depth, flash and panache, and coaching skill is going to lead them to the Super Bowl.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2017 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/the-oracle-of-quetzalcoyotl-speaks-playoff-preview-part-1/

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2017 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Now up on ESBN is the runners and scorers segment of awards season!

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/09/nbfl-stat-attack-the-runners-scorers/

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2017 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ex-con's Playoff Preview: NBFL Season 19

Since some of you are apparently trying to steal my job, let me show ye amateurs how it's done.

Welcome to another episode of Ex-con's Playoff Previews! The NBFL has reached the pinnacle of its 19th season; the 12 team murder gauntlet known as the Playoffs! *cue Jim Mora clip*

After months of blood bowl action, we have narrowed down the teams to the best of the best, but only one champion can remain standing on top of the broken corpses and dreams of lesser competition. And lest you remember, we told you when the season started EXACTLY how the campaign would unfold.

Sort of.

In the NFC, we correctly predicted: Green Ball and Tampa Bay.

In the AFC, we correctly predicted: Cincinatti, Denvork, Blitzburgh, and Ball Fellow.

How will we do this time around? Keep on reading to find out.

NFC Playoffs

1. Green Ball Attackers
2. Carolina Panzers
3. Weaklington Frailskins
4. Seattle Werehawks
5. Tampa Bowl Smokeaneers
6. New York Deviants

Surprise, surprise; Green Ball finds itself at the top of the NFC once again. But it is actually a surprise to see who is below them: a first year dwarf team from Carolina that has exceeded all expectations. Rounding out the division winners is a super-stat Weaklington squad (seriously, four +ST rolls?) and a venerable Seattle team still led by the freak known as Kevin Williams. Meanwhile, Tampa Bowl and New York are both solid elven teams that made it into the big dance under the radar.

With three elven and one slann squad in the mix, the necro and dwarf teams won't have to worry about some big, bad, basher team trying to rip through their lines. Instead, their positioning will be tested to the limit by the fast-paced nature of their opponents. All six teams have some tackle to deal with these matchups, but can they slow down the super-stupd stat-freaks that seemingly grow on trees in this conference? (Must be nice.)

NFC Wildcard

(3) Weaklington Frailskins vs (6) New York Deviants

The very first wildcard pairing gives us potential for some fireworks, as the Frailskins get tested once again by their division foes from New York. However, in their game just two weeks ago, both sides played cautiously in the 1-1 tie that leaves unfinished business on the field. Despite having the strength advantage (did we mention they have four +ST players?), Weaklington found itself out-blocked and out-fouled in the last meeting, though they managed to out-cas New York 4:2. Perhaps the Deviants will look to open up the game a bit, as they have an agility advantage with one Ag5 and two Ag6 players. Still, no matter what style of game these coaches employ, it should be a close contest where a single dice roll will swing it either way, because both sides have enough freaky players to get through almost any situation.

Prediction: Weaklington 3 - 2 New York (OT)

An overtime match right off the bat? Naturally, when you get two roided-up elven teams that also happen to be division rivals. The Deviants might not be out-cased again by their Av7 rivals, but the Frailskins defensive duo of Aaron Green [TCU] and Wilma Wildpuss [GGW] will be the difference in the end.

(4) Seattle Werehawks vs (5) Tampa Bowl Smokeaneers

Over the years, Seattle has been one team that has always befuddled my predictions, one way or another. If I think they'll be good, they end up picking early in the draft; if I expect nothing from them, they end up winning the division. If I think they'll beat up on some poor elven team in the playoffs, they'll get run circles around by the speed freaks, and so on and so forth.

I could go into depth about Seattle's defense trying to stop NBFL-leading scorer Rhys Llyod [MIN], as reported by ESBN, but ultimately this game comes down to one thing: stopping the St5 Ag4 Blodge monster simply known as 'Williams'.

Prediction: Seattle 2 : 1 Tampa Bowl

Ultimately, I don't think Tampa will be able to. Although a solid squad, they simply don't have enough freaks or defensive wrestling abilities to stop Williams. This is normally where Seattle proves me wrong, to their detriment, but I feel confident in this prediction.

NFC Divisional Round

Of course, unlike other previews, Ex-con peers deep into the future and predictions each and every game that will undoubtedly happen in the playoffs.

(1) Green Ball Attackers vs (4) Seattle Werehawks

One could write an infinite number of articles about the success that Green Ball has had in the NBFL; they are, after all, the only team to win multiple championships (though Azure won two titles in three seasons with two different Seattle teams). Due to their stellar coaching and freaks like Toady Nelson, few teams have been able to solve the riddle of their defense. Normally, I'd have some reservations if a team had five unskilled linemen at this point of the season, but eh, it's Grue.

Prediction: Green Bay 2 - 1 Seattle

Eh, it's Grue. Seattle has a very solid team and a freaky ball-carrier but almost no one scores on Green Ball (giving up less than 1 score per game in the 2nd half), so they'll find a way to stop Williams, somehow.

(2) Carolina Panzers vs (3) Weaklington Frailskins

Unlike the other top NFC seed, seeing first-year Carolina here is quite the surprise. Most dwarven teams struggle to get to .500 in the NBFL, much less win their division and secure a bye to boot. I haven't been able to watch this team yet, nor do I know much about their coach, but they must be doing something right.

Prediction: Carolina 2 - 1 Weaklington

Whatever their formula, it will continue to work. The Frailskins have enough +ST players to make things interesting, but eventually the masses of tackle and guard will do them in, and the dwarves will grind their way to another victory.

NFC Championship Game

Though I should learn that the two two seeds almost never both make it, here we go.

(1) Green Ball Attackers vs (2) Carolina Panzers

No one could have seen this coming before the season (though I did predict Green Ball to face off against a bashy team from the South in this game, but they were supposed to be a bit more scaly and a lot less hairy)! Slann against dwarves for the NFC title is arguably a Hollywood movie in the making, but how will this contest play out? Even Green Ball could have trouble getting the ball loose from a super-guarded-up dwarven cage, but the masses of dwarven tackle aren't helpful when teams don't actually dodge away from them. Still, Green ball has the edge in experience. They have the edge in coaching. They have the edge in speed.

But will they have the edge in this game?

Prediction: Green Ball 1 - 2 Carolina

No they will not! Although the 'Grues represent a known quantity, I'm rolling with the unknown in this one (I literally don't know how a dwarf team is doing it), because Carolina seems like an interesting choice to roll with. YOLO, or something.

AFC Playoffs

1. Cincinatti Bludgeoneers
2. New York Wrecks
3. Denvork Broncorks
4. Indianapolis Crypts
5. Blitzburgh Seers
6. Ball Fellow Thrills

You sure as hell won't find four elven teams here! The tougher of the two conferences, the AFC represents the best of the league in what should be a blood-bath of a gauntlet. The two agile teams, Blitzburgh and Ball Fellow, get to face two tough teams in Indy and Denvork, only to get "rewarded" by winning with a match against either Cinci or New York...ouch. No rest for the wicked, as they say.

AFC Wildcard

(3) Denvork Bronkorks vs (6) Ball Fellow Thrills

The ultimate clash of styles between the defending Super Bowl champs and the first year scoring-wonders from Ball Fellow. The Orcs beat you into the ground, score, and then beat you into the ground again. The Woodies score, then steal the ball, and score again. So will Denvork break all the Av7 elves in half before the half? Or will the Thrills score twice before the half and put the game potentially out of reach?

(I say potentially because in our first meeting this season, Oakland was up 2-0 on Denvork on turn 14 and they managed to get a tie. Le sigh.)

Prediction: Denvork 1 - 2 Ball Fellow

The answer is both; Denvork will beat the hell out of the Thrills, but while J. Fonoti (XVIII/15, Hawaii) is a solid ball-carrier and J. Anderson (XVI/10, TCU) led the league in casualties again, the woodies have enough defensive abilities to force the key turnovers that will lead inevitably lead to their victory.

(4) Indianapolis Crypts vs (5) Blitzburgh Seers

I don't care how Indy got into the playoffs; the question is: can they impose their will and force the Seers to play at a zombie's pace?

Prediction: Indianapolis 0 - 2 Blitzburgh

No.

AFC Divisional Round

With both wildcard teams advancing to face the top seeds, what are the odds that we will see more upsets in the tournament?

(1) Cincinatti Bludgeoneers vs (6) Ball Fellow Thrills

Cinci has been an AFC powerhouse ever since it joined the league, and this year has been no different. Despite playing in arguably the best division, they achieved yet another top seed and get the play the lowest ranked opponent first. In this case, a Ball Bellow team that plays right into their mutated big hands: woodies after facing MB-heavy orcs, in addition to the normal problems nurgle cause for elves. How many elves will be available at the start of the game, and can they overcome the stingiest defense in the league?

Prediction: Cincinatti 2 - 1 Ball Fellow (OT)

The Thrills won't make it easy, and they'll put more than one scare into the Bludgeoners. But coming off a game against Denvork will rob them of just enough strength to let Cinci control the pace of play, and ultimately wear down what is left of the elven team.

(2) New York Wrecks vs (5) Blitzburgh Seers

This game literally comes down to whether Blitzburgh can take down Broadway Joe Bryant [HAW], steal the ball, and convert it into a score. If they can, they will win. If they can't, then robo still looks like he knows what he's doing.

Prediction: New York 2 - 3 Blitzburgh

A high scoring game involving a chaos team, to be sure, but New York isn't the typical claw/MB spam team you'd see at this level. Thus they'll have to move the ball forward, albeit well-protected, instead of slowing grinding away as they cleave away at the rats. And that plays into the hands, er, paws, of the skaven.

AFC Championship Game

(1) Cincinatti Bludgeoneers vs (5) Blitzburgh Seers

Well, well. It seems that the NFC North rivals are fated to meet once again to determine not only who the 'King of the North' is, but the whole AFC conference. The last four times these teams have met, the results have been (C:B): 2-2, 3-2, 1-2, and 2-2. Expect more of the same from these two bitter rivals.

Prediction: Cincinatti 2 - 1 Blitzburgh

This prediction simply comes down to the fact that the Seers would have to get through undead and chaos before this rematch; only Nuffle knows how many gutter runners will be available, but even losing a single one for any amount of time would be key in this game. Odds are, they won't have their full contingent of sneaky bastards available (if Nomad and Robo are worth a damn, that is).

NBFL Super Bowl

Carolina Panzers vs Cincinatti Bludgeoners

Really? This is the best matchup that the illustrious NBFL has to offer the fans? Dwarves and Nurgle!?!?

Prediction: Fans 0 - 1 Boredom

Unless you get your rocks off from positioning and guard-assists, you sick bastard, this contest will be the worst game ratings-wise in NBFL history.

I don't even care who wins at this point; all I know is that the Oakland Elf Raiders are going to win next year's Super Bowl.

*drops the mic onto his foot*

Now that's how you do a playoff preview!

Don't drop the soap.

Last edited by ex-convict on Dec 10, 2017 - 00:21; edited 1 time in total
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaaa nice preview, we'll see who got the better mushrooms, äh forsight tools Wink
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ex-convict wrote:
Ex-con's Playoff Preview: NBFL Season 19

Posted onESBN with added Mora! https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/ex-cons-nbfl-playoff-preview-season-19/

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Indianapolis Crypts will win it all!

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Fresh awards up here! The latest set are for most SPP and most turns! Enjoy!

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/nbfl-stat-attack-spp-and-ironmen/

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Part 1 of Baza's magnificent guide to the NFC is now up on ESBN! Have a look.

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/bazzas-guide-to-the-nfc-playoff-teams-part-1/

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Part 2 of the Tour de Force is up here!

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/bazas-guide-to-the-nfc-playoff-teams-part-2/

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Part 3 of Bazakastine's guide to the NFC Playoff teams is here.

https://esbnnetwork.wordpress.com/2017/12/10/bazas-guide-to-the-nfc-playoff-teams-part-3/

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

fantastic website, Dr!

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2017 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
fantastic website, Dr!

Cheers Ark! Here’s hoping it continues to get better and better. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want something posted. Could be anything at all.

Jump to: